Grindguer's August Mtp Thread, Weekly assignments and uploads here
Pedja Simovic
Aug 10 2010, 04:11 PM
Instructor
Hi Grindguer,

I am posting all your assignments for August (last month of MTP). I hope that you will complete them all by 30th of August ! Best of luck.

Assignment 1:

- Open triads in a G major scale part 1

- Check out lesson HERE
- Use backing track provided bellow to record it
- Upload your work on Youtube and embed it here!

Assignment 2:

- Open triads in a G major scale part 2

- Check out lesson HERE

Assignment 3:

- Open triads in a G major scale part 3

- Check out lesson HERE

Assignment 4:

- One of these lessons or lesson of your choice for REC!

Deadline for all the assignments is 30th of August!

Best of luck and let me know if you got any questions.

Pedja

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  part_1.mp3 ( 1.08MB ) Number of downloads: 650
Attached File  part_2_backing.mp3 ( 1.08MB ) Number of downloads: 617
Attached File  part_3_backing.mp3 ( 1MB ) Number of downloads: 590

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GrindGuer
Aug 12 2010, 09:15 PM
Experienced Rock Star & Challenge Star
Hey Pedja,

I'm working on those three assignments at the same time. The part three is very difficult: the stretches are really big ! But I'll work on that.

I also have some troubles with the E and F# on the part 1 on the low E string. On my REC takes, Ivan wrote that I was fretting some shapes too hard and that it somehow detunes my guitar. But how to get that two chords right without fretting hard ? Have you any suggestion ?

Thanks.

GrindGuer

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
�Million-to-one chances crop up nine times out of ten.�
― Terry Pratchett, The Light Fantastic

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Aug 12 2010, 11:06 PM
Instructor
Hi Grindguer,

You get intonation problems for some of the following reasons : 1) old strings 2) tuning problems 3) fretting/pressing strings too hard into frets 4) high string gauge

I think you were pressing too strong thats why there was intonation problem. If you had lower string gauge (like instead of 9's you maybe use 10's or 11's for 1st string!) then that problem wouldn't occur. It is good to check all the things I mentioned. So get new strings, check your tuning all over the guitar (especially after 12th fret), try playing chords up to 15th fret and listen to what happens and try using lower string gauge, fatter strings in other way.

Those are the best suggestions I could give you on that matter.

Pedja

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Aug 23 2010, 01:14 AM
Instructor
Hey Grindguer just wondering about remaining assignments? Will you be able to complete them by 30th of August?

--------------------

+Quote Post
GrindGuer
Aug 23 2010, 08:55 AM
Hey Pedja. I'm working on it. I think I'll be able to do the 3rd assignments soon. I'm also working on this lesson : https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Mixolydian-Fusion-Licks/ for my REC lesson. I find it difficult rhythmically and the phrasing is not something I'm used to (but 'm not used to many things either... wink.gif). It sounds really good and I'd like to work on this style of music.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Aug 23 2010, 11:49 AM
Instructor
Cool Grindguer. Whatever you do finish it by 30th of August so speed up the whole thing as I have to close the thread after that time. Thanks a lot man smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
GrindGuer
Aug 24 2010, 02:45 PM
I'll do my best to finish before the deadline.
I need some advice. On the lesson from Stephane Lucarelli, he uses sometimes some hybrid picking. Do you think there is a reason to it ? Is it to make it easier the strings skipping, or is it sound related, or ... ?
Thanks.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Aug 27 2010, 12:18 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (GrindGuer @ Aug 24 2010, 03:45 PM) *
I'll do my best to finish before the deadline.
I need some advice. On the lesson from Stephane Lucarelli, he uses sometimes some hybrid picking. Do you think there is a reason to it ? Is it to make it easier the strings skipping, or is it sound related, or ... ?
Thanks.

Hi Grindguer,

I hope that you are finishing up with the assignments as we are very close to the deadline.
Regarding your questions, hybrid picking is technique great for string skipping and it has specific popping sound especially when you snap string with finger while pick plays normally. It basically gives you different ways how to play the same thing, work on the interval leaps and obtain different dynamic control!
Hope that makes sense man.

I look forward to the assignments,

Pedja

--------------------

+Quote Post
GrindGuer
Aug 27 2010, 02:15 PM
I'm still working on it. I could probably record the two first assignments. But I don't like the software editing part, so I'll do the 4 videos at the same time if it's ok with you.
I'm still having some problem with the wide strech on the A minor chord 2nd inversion, D/B/E strings... But I will make it for sure.
I've figured out that my legatos have timing issues. I didn' t really ear it when playing fast, but while I was working Stephane's lesson, it was so obvious ! So I'm still struggling with this lesson. All my notes don't sound even either. I have to be very humble: on a level 5 lesson, I'm in great trouble... Good thing is I can play it full speed. But rarely clean enough to submit it. Hopefully, I'll post something on the week-end.
Cheers

GrindGuer

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Aug 27 2010, 02:48 PM
Instructor
Ok Grindguer, I will look forward to your work by 31st, submit all by then please smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
GrindGuer
Aug 29 2010, 09:34 PM
I think I'm quite ready to record now biggrin.gif But I'll have to wait for tomorrow because everybody's seeping right now... Hope I won't be too disappointed when it comes to really record my playing.

--------------------

+Quote Post
GrindGuer
Aug 30 2010, 06:08 PM
Hey Pedja,

I've finally recorded the 3 lessons on open triads. I'm not that satisfied. I thought I knew it well. But I had problem with timing. I saw it in my DAW. What confuses me the most, it's that I didn't notice it while playing. That's a big failure... sad.gif

Here the best I could do so far. I'm really interested in your opinion. Should I continue working on it ?

I've changed my strings two days ago. Hope it will be ok with intonation.

I also realized you let sound your notes longer than me.

Question: why on the second inversion you play minor chords with a bar finger on the strings 1/3/5 and not on the strings 2/4/6 (assuming 6 is the low E) ?

The videos :
Open triads - root inversion

Open triads - first inversion

Open triads - second inversion

Thanks for your help.
GrindGuer

Edit: I had to reload my third video for YouTube couldn't encode it wacko.gif

This post has been edited by GrindGuer: Aug 30 2010, 10:06 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Aug 31 2010, 09:43 AM
Instructor
Grindguer,

Those were excellent takes considering it was your first time recording them smile.gif I think you played all lessons very good, the only thing worth mentioning is your chords are short (staccato like) so you should work on that.
You only got one more thing to do, pick one of those 3 lessons and submit it for REC grading and you are all set!

Regarding your question, it is pretty much up to you if you want to bar with 1st finger using certain string set. Sometimes I do it , sometimes I don't, depends on what I played before and what I am about to do after smile.gif

Thank you for taking time and studying with me for 3 months. I really hope your MTP experience was great and I want to wish you best of luck in future!

Pedja

--------------------

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 12:17 PM