Symphony X - Egypt, The ending piano solo?
Jakub Luptovec
Oct 4 2008, 09:57 AM
Learning Tone Guru
So.. i finally decided, that guitar is not enough for me and I am ordering a keyboard. The two things that convinced me are:

Marcus Lavendell (hey.. I want to be a bit like him an he plays piano too:P And his Sospiro cover was greatness..)

and second is the piano solo at the end of Symphony X egypt (Stars at 6:30). LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UppLCUfLKBA

What I am wondering is, if Pinella wrote it himself, or it is some classical piece?

And btw. is there some good program, similiar to guitar pro for piano? Or will GP suffice?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Jakub Luptovec: Oct 4 2008, 09:58 AM

--------------------
my youtube account with riffs and ideas: https://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenygzus
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AudunESP
Oct 4 2008, 10:05 AM
GMC:er
I just started to play piano too . I played piano in one year some years ago, but i didn't practice too much, and i surelyy don't remember one bit. But recently i started of by taking the intro of "Unforgiven 3" by metallica on ear, and then it just boomed of. Have you heard the piano solo in Dream Theater's "dance of eternity"? Amazing! Link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiyZgXF1CDY...feature=related

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by AudunESP: Oct 4 2008, 10:06 AM

--------------------
Scales = some boring stuff thats totally unnescesary to create cool music, liek, if ur stupid.

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
Oct 4 2008, 10:28 AM
Learning Tone Guru
Well.. this is like from western movie biggrin.gif Not saying, that its bad, but I just prefer the classical piano in Egypt tongue.gif

And this one is IMO much harder as well biggrin.gif

--------------------
my youtube account with riffs and ideas: https://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenygzus

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Oct 4 2008, 11:25 AM
Instructor
Thanks Jakub smile.gif

QUOTE (Jakub Luptovec @ Oct 4 2008, 10:57 AM) *
What I am wondering is, if Pinella wrote it himself, or it is some classical piece?

I love that part as well.
I'm pretty sure Pinella wrote it himself (well, Romeo probably had a finger in there too)

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Canis
Oct 4 2008, 09:06 PM
Learning Rock Star
Ooh, this reminds me that I was gonna order a keyboard as well! I've been dying to learn Sonata Arctica - Tallulah..
I'll definetly learn the outro of this one too biggrin.gif

Thanks for sharing =)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Oct 4 2008, 09:09 PM
Instructor
this is an awesome song. I love this album. The most powerful riff on this album is the intro of "Fallen" with keyboard melody in the background. I am always impressed with these guys creativity.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Jose Mena
Oct 7 2008, 09:59 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Oct 4 2008, 04:09 PM) *
this is an awesome song. I love this album. The most powerful riff on this album is the intro of "Fallen" with keyboard melody in the background. I am always impressed with these guys creativity.

Fallen is my favorite song of the V album

--------------------
Check out my Video Lessons
Visit my Instructor Board
Visit MySpace

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Oct 7 2008, 11:15 PM
Instructor
yeah! that solo piano is killer!!!

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
Oct 8 2008, 07:01 PM
Learning Tone Guru
And from piano players perspective - question for any piano/keyboard player - how difficult it looks? Now for me, it seems impossible to play it..

but I have experiences from guitar and after one year of practicing, nothing seems unplayable for me with aproperiate training smile.gif Is piano much harder than guitar?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jose Mena
Oct 8 2008, 07:12 PM
Instructor
Like you said everything is possible, is a matter of practicing, Piano and Guitar are easy to learn, I don't think it is harder, but I wouldn't expect to have it done in a couple of weeks, if you just started with Piano

--------------------
Check out my Video Lessons
Visit my Instructor Board
Visit MySpace

+Quote Post
Noangels
Oct 8 2008, 07:15 PM
GMC:er
Piano is easier to visualize than on guitar,its very easy to see the scales and arps in their octave groupings up the keyboard with the black keys there!I have an fully weighted 88 key synth in my music room that I play a bit on but I love to play guitar more!

Great thing about keyboards is the tuning is rock solid,and there are no strings to change.wish I had more time to play keys but I dont

--------------------
Ibanez geo and a line 6 spider

+Quote Post
Ramiro Delforte
Oct 11 2008, 06:25 PM
Instructor
To write down all piano parts I don't recommend the guitar pro. I use Sibelius or Finale, but it could be done in Cakawalk/Sonar.
The solo by Pinnella I'm pretty shure that he improvised or could be part composed but is not a classical composition, just have that flow.

biggrin.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile and Board

LIVE VIDEO CHATS EVERY MONDAY AROUND 22PM (GMC HOUR)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 08:23 AM