Andy Timmons
Prantare
Oct 11 2008, 02:21 PM
GMC:er
Don't know if there's a topic about this fantastic player..
I haven't heard lots of his song; but I was totally amazed and strucked by feelings when I heard this amazing piece:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaVVZYOvMFY

It's called "Cry for you".
I've picked out some amazing licks from this songs.. great feeling.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
timono
Oct 11 2008, 02:31 PM
yeah his playing really is great!!,

saw his name mentioned here not so very long ago and listened to some of his songs,
really like farmer sez too tongue.gif https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFcKOhUQYwo

Timon

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez RG 2550 EGK Presige, Essex wannabe Gibson guitar (don't know the full name), Alhambra acoustic guitar

Amps: Marshall MG 50DFX, Evans sound creator (50 watt), Orange crush 10

Effect pedals: Korg AX1500G

record stuff: Line 6 toneport UX1

Piano: Yamaha P-85

Wishlist:

Ibanez Jem 7V!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
Kuba Szafran
Oct 11 2008, 02:40 PM
Instructor
He's a master of tone. This video comes from Ibanez 90th Anniversary.

--------------------

+Quote Post
wollace03
Oct 11 2008, 02:50 PM
well, once again:
thank you for bringing up andy timmons - he is one of my absolute favourites!! oth "cry for you" and "farmer sez" are amazing. i think andy timmons makes instrumental tracks, you can listen to even if you are not a guitar freak. i saw him once at the frankfurt musicmesse in ´99 where he was playing at the ibanez booth - he really made my jaw drop - this was not senseless shredding, this was simply great.
andy timmons was the main reason i picked up the guitar again after three guitarfree years and really started to play again.

+Quote Post
Noangels
Oct 11 2008, 03:03 PM
Andy would be in my top 3 guitar players,his dynamic phrasing and tone is a perfect combination

Electric Gypsy is one of his best tunes

--------------------
Ibanez geo and a line 6 spider

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Oct 11 2008, 05:07 PM
Lets go fishing!

He is a really great sounding guitarist for sure. But to say he plugs mesa boogie gear is an understatment laugh.gif tongue.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Gus
Oct 11 2008, 05:47 PM
This is very inspiring!

It's gonna make me leaving the forum and grabbing the guitar right now tongue.gif

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post
JVM
Oct 11 2008, 05:49 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Oct 11 2008, 12:07 PM) *
He is a really great sounding guitarist for sure. But to say he plugs mesa boogie gear is an understatment laugh.gif tongue.gif

biggrin.gif its true. He gets great tone from it though, one of the best tones around IMO.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Ramiro Delforte
Oct 11 2008, 05:51 PM
Instructor
I like very much the version of the Simon Phillips' song that they play in the 90th aniversary video smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile and Board

LIVE VIDEO CHATS EVERY MONDAY AROUND 22PM (GMC HOUR)

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Oct 11 2008, 11:13 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (JVM @ Oct 11 2008, 05:49 PM) *
biggrin.gif its true. He gets great tone from it though, one of the best tones around IMO.

I could afford the amps he plays through, I would never leave the house again biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:50 AM