Downloading Guitar Pro Files From Lessons!?
wicked_phreec
Aug 25 2009, 09:00 PM
GMC:er
Hello

Sometimes i when i try to download the guitar pro file from the lesson, it downloads as an HTML file wacko.gif and guitar pro 5 is un able to open them and its driving me nuts!!

dont get me wrong, some lessons do open when filename is guitarpro.gp5 for example

but sometimes the file name is guitarpro.gp5.htm and guitar pro doesnt recognise it and wont open it.

Oh and renaming the file (deleting the .htm from the filename) wont help

how do you open them!?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jesse
Aug 25 2009, 09:03 PM
Pls give me an example of a lesson that has that!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 25 2009, 09:42 PM
Instructor
How do you download the GP files? Do you just click on them and they start downloading? What browser do you use, what lessons caused these problems?

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Matt23
Aug 25 2009, 09:50 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
If you have the option to "save as" when you download (which you can get from options), then type".gp5" at the end of the filename. E.g. "Alternate Picking Etude" you would change to "Alternate Picking Etude.gp5".

This post has been edited by Matt23: Aug 25 2009, 09:50 PM

+Quote Post
wicked_phreec
Sep 13 2009, 12:47 AM
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Aug 25 2009, 11:42 PM) *
How do you download the GP files? Do you just click on them and they start downloading? What browser do you use, what lessons caused these problems?

Hello Ivan, Im a huge fan of your blues lessons! You definitely got the blues!

Yes I just click on them and they start downloading, sometimes inttet explorer tells me that the guitar pro

Unfortunately some of your lessons have a guitar pro that download as HTML, and the tabs download as *.mht files. I think it is a problem with windows Interntet Explorer.

For example you have a lesson called "the 3 blues kings" when i use windows internet explorer to download the guitar pro file for that lesson, it downloads as HTML and guitar pro 5 will not open it sad.gif

Another example

But sometimes the Tab has time Signiture, and I can use the Import function in guitar pro to convert the tab into .GP5, but you can only do this if the tab has Time signiture.

|----3---|
Q Q Q E E E
E||--------------------------9--|
B||--------------------9g11-----|
G||-----------------------------|
D||-----------------------------|
A||-----------------------------|
E||-----------------------------|

Bb7

|---3--| |---3--| |--------3-------|
Q E Q E E E Q E E
--11b----11pb--11b----11pb--11--9----------------|
-----------------------------------11~----9--11--|
-------------------------------------------------|

This tab is from the same lesson, Notice the E and Q at the top? when you use guitar pro to import this tab, it recognizes the E and Q....etc as time signature and it gives the notes correct time smile.gif

But sometimes the time signature is not available in tabs sad.gif

You can also use the import function in guitar pro to import Midi and power tab! wink.gif open guitar pro and go to File>Import>ASCII for tab, or powertab or midi. smile.gif

I Stopped using windows Internet Explorer and now I use Mozilla Firefox to download guitarpro. With Mozilla Firefox, there is no problem, It changes the file from HTML to GP5. smile.gif

But sometimes, You download the GP5 files correctly, and they download perfectly... but guitar pro says that you must "Upgrade your guitarpro software to open this file" I have guitar pro 5 and all files are *.GP5 sad.gif

I dont have internet at home, I download lessons during my free time at the University smile.gif

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 13 2009, 01:48 AM
Instructor
Hello mate smile.gif

Yes the Internet Explorer is causing the problem with GP files then. Site is optimized for Firefox so it's best to use that.

The guitar pro file that is unavailable to you because of the upgrade, is the file created with Guitar Pro 5.2. If you upgrade your GP 5 to GP5.2 you will have full access to the file.

However if (for any reason) you are not able to do this, there is a free software called TuxGuitar which is free and can open GP files. I haven't tested the TuxGuitar myself, perhaps someone who tried it can confirm if it can open 5.2 version, but since it's a small program, you can DL and see if it does the job.

Let me know if I can help you further my friend.

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Sep 13 2009, 01:49 AM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:00 AM