2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Finally, New Gear!
audiopaal
Jan 5 2010, 12:46 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
I got a few gift cards for christmas, to be used in my local musicstore.
That, with a good dose of my own hard earned money, got me some great new stuff to play around with in 2010 smile.gif

Hardware:

Blackstar HT-DistX

Attached Image

Distortion Pedal, and a great one too. Sounds like a wall of speakers with pure hard rocking filth coming at you biggrin.gif
Six knobs to tweak (Gain, Bass, Middle, Treble, ISF, Level), but still pretty easy to use.
The ISF control takes you from ‘Classic British’ to ‘Modern American’ and anywhere in between with the turn of a knob.

• Genuine valve design
• Operates at 300V HT
• Cascaded valve gain stages
• Responds like a valve amp
• Unique enhanced tone controls
• Extreme gain and tone
• Exclusive Infinite Shape Feature (ISF)
• Fully equipped for stage or studio
• Speaker emulated output
• High integrity buffered bypass
• Power supply included
• Silent switching

Blackstar HT-Drive

Attached Image

Did anyone say Rock n' Roll? If not, you should and get this pedal to do the talk for you!
One of the best Overdrive pedals I've ever tried. The sound is incredible!
This pedal only sports three knobs (Gain, Tone, Level), and is very easy to use, as it's really self-explanatory.

Even the speaker emulated output sounds awesome with a little EQ.

• Genuine valve design
• Operates at 300V HT
• Cascaded valve gain stages
• Responds like a valve amp
• Unique ‘AClass’ tone control
• Fully equipped for stage or studio
• Speaker emulated output
• High integrity buffered bypass
• Power supply included
• Silent switching

Focusrite Liquid Mix 16

Attached Image

Sixteen Channel Liquid Firewire Mix Processor.

• 40 compressors and 20 EQs, sampled from vintage originals with a free expanding library online.
• The unique patented Dynamic Convolution process delivers unparalleled EQ and Compression emulations.
• Create your own totally unique 7-band super EQ, built out of separate classic EQ bands.
• Original compressors with limited or absent controls suddenly become fully featured - yours to use as you choose.
• 16 instances of Liquid Mix run off the desktop hardware (24 with the optional expansion card installed),
vastly reducing the impact on your CPU.
• Apply EQ and compression using hands-on tactile controls. Just plug in, power-up, and dial in the perfect mix.
• Each instance has a dedicated GUI which functions exactly like a plug-in, providing full recall within your session.
• 12 LED meters on the hardware controller display i/o levels and gain reduction alongside their respective controls.
• The optional expansion card, which is easy to install and fits neatly into the underside of the unit,
allows Liquid Mix 16 users to increase the number of channels at 44.1/48kHz from 16 to 24 and
the number of channels at 88.2/96kHz from 4 to 8.

Haven't played around with this too much yet, but sounds pretty darn good so far.

M-Audio KeyRig 25

Attached Image

Small and great Midi-keyboard.
Keys are very nice and good to play and some knobs and buttons to operate different bits and pieces.
Fits my needs perfectly smile.gif

Software:

Spectrasonics Trilian

Attached Image

THE best Bass plug-in there is, have been and will be until Spectrasonics makes another smile.gif
This is the follow up to their huge success with Trilogy.
Check it out and watch some demo-videos, you will be impressed smile.gif

TRILIAN FEATURES

• New Instruments include expressive, real-time performance features:

- Intuitive, automatic selection of dynamic legato and release articulations allows for highly realistic hammer-ons, pull-offs and trills

- Extensive ‘Round-Robin‘ articulations for natural sounding bass lines with repeated notes

- Multisampled dynamic slides – realistically slide from one note to another

- Multi-channel mixing between Microphone/Amplifier and Direct outputs of each bass

• Articulations for Acoustic and Electric basses include: staccato, legato, sustain, vibrato, slide up, slide down, slide up & down, gliss up,
harmonics, FX squeaks, X-notes, at multiple velocities with extensive Round-Robin

• Pitched Release samples triggering , with up to 16x Round Robin samples for ultimate realism

• Live Mode offers intuitive key switching approach for multiple articulations

• Stack mode allows user configurable key/velocity/controller mapping for custom patch zones and splits

• Custom Controls bring instant, useful and exciting synth bass patch editing attributes right to the users control

• Arpeggiator with Groove Lock™ for instant bass line syncing to any Stylus RMX groove or MIDI file

SOUND LIBRARY

• Vast Core Library - over 34GB with a wide variety of bass sounds, — 10-times the size of Trilogy’s library

• Includes over sixty Electric Bass sounds – including 4, 5, 6 and 8-string Electric Basses played by 6 different bassists

• Includes all types of playing techniques: Fingered, Picked, Fretless, Slapped, Tapped, Muted

• Amazing new acoustic bass with extremely detailed articulations built-in to each patch – over 21,000 samples!

• Inspiring brand new Electric Basses include: 5-string Music Man™ Studio Bass, Clean Fender Jazz Bass®, Epiphone™ Retro 60’s Bass, Hardcore Rock 5-string, Lakland™ Rock P-Bass and Chapman Stick®

• 333 Synth soundsources include brand new sounds: Novation™ Bass Station, Yamaha® CS-80, Cwejman™ Modular, Moog Minimoog™,
Little Phatty™, Voyager™, Taurus™ Pedals, Korg MS-20, Oberheim 2 voice, ARP 2600, Roland Juno 60/106, Waldorf Pulse™, DSI Mopho™
& Tetra™, Roland TB-303, SH-101, Metasonix KV-100 Assblaster, SE-1, Omega, ATC-1 and many more

• Newly developed 'Juicy Filter' and 'Power Filter' algorithms are ideal for thick, resonant synth bass sounds

• Enhanced, remastered versions of original Trilogy core library

• Bonus section of remastered classic ‘Bass Legends‘ library; featuring Abraham Laboriel, John Patitucci & Marcus Miller

SYSTEM FEATURES

• Powerfully simple interface design makes key features accessible to every user

• ‘Custom Controls’ bring the most useful editing capabilities for each patch right to the front panel

• State of the art Browser with Searching, Attributes/Tags, Images

• Advanced MIDI Learn and Automation parameter handling

• High Definition streaming sample playback STEAM Engine technology

• Integration with Omnisphere: Trilian patches open inside Omnisphere for editing & live performance stacks (Omnisphere version 1.1 or
higher required for Trilian library integration)

• Edit page offers powerful sound manipulation features: dual filters, advanced envelopes and full modulation matrix

• 8-part multitimbrality allows multiple articulations in a single plug-in with instant, seamless key-switching

• Expandable sound architecture allows user customizable patches and unique new Bass sounds

• Comprehensive integrated Reference Guide with search

• Free Tutorial Videos available online to registered users

EFFECTS FEATURES

• Integrated, full-featured FX Racks - just like Omnisphere and Stylus RMX

• Over 32 original FX Processors covering the full spectrum of signal processing including amp simulators and compressors, EQ and reverb
and delays, unique processors and more

• FX can be modulated, automated and MIDI Learned for powerful synthesis and real-time control options

Garritan Personal Orchestra

Attached Image

This is prety much what the name implies, an Orchestra in Plug-in format.
And it does it all REALLY well, as all the sounds and instruments I've tried so far have been really great.

Features

• Includes all the major instruments of the orchestra - strings, brass, woodwinds, percussion and keyboards.

• GPO4 has the highest quality collection of orchestral instruments at an affordable price.
The instruments recorded were made by fine instrument makers such as Steinway®, Stradivari, Guarneri, Haynes and others.

• Create great sounding orchestral music quickly and easily. Just load your instruments and play.
Standardized controls allow you to become familiar with the library quickly and master all the instruments easily.

• Designed to be played in real-time. No tedious piecing together of samples.
Play your instruments with their nuances quickly and in real-time for expressive human-sounding performances.

• GPO integrates the ARIA high-performance instrument engine. This instrument engine,
developed in collaboration with Plogue Art et Technologie Inc., goes beyond typical samplers.
ARIA's specially tailored programming is designed to emulate the performances of real orchestral instruments.
The reliable ARIA engine is in use in Microsoft Songsmith, SONY Acid Pro, AKAI EWI USB and Finale 2009/10.

• GPO provides individual instruments from which you build your own ensembles and sections.
Construct solos, duos, trios, quartets, chamber groups, ensembles, sections or a full symphony orchestra - the way you want.

• GPO is designed specifically to work with notation programs in addition to sequencers.
Play your orchestrations directly from the score of supported notation programs.
GPO4 automatically interprets performance indications such as articulation marks, slurs, playing techniques, dynamics, etc.
to provide an life-like performance from the score. GPO4 has unique integration with Finale and Sibelius.

• Supports all popular formats, Mac and PC, as a standalone program or as a plug-in (VST, RTAS, and OSX Audio Units),
works with supported notation programs and works in 64-bit operating systems.

• Professional film composers can use this collection for quick orchestral sketches and capturing creative ideas.
Hobbyists can use it for adding orchestrations to their tracks. Educators and students can use it for scoring projects or studying
orchestration. Imagine orchestrating at the beach, or on a plane, or anywhere. Personal Orchestra is for every musician.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am currently working on a song which will feature all of this hardware and software,
so you can hear what it sounds like and what it can be used for smile.gif

So be patient and I'll post something good in a little while smile.gif

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: How could I forget...!? I bought this baby right before Christmas smile.gif

SM PRO AUDIO - TC02 Dual Channel Tube Preamp

Attached Image

The TC02 is an adjustable two-channel CLASS A tube preamplifier featuring selectable phantom power,
phase reversal, compressor, and -20 dB PAD all in a standard 19" rack format.
Perfect as a high-quality microphone or instrument preamplifier, the TC02 can also be used as a hi-quality dual DI unit.

I use this to mic up my guitar amp, as well as recording vocals (When that time comes *shrugs*)..
Sounds really good, and the compressor is great as well.
What you get for the price is pretty astonishing, as it's really pretty cheap smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by audiopaal: Jan 5 2010, 03:19 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Jan 5 2010, 01:15 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
wow, cool toys, Santa was very good to you this year! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Boson
Jan 5 2010, 01:54 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Wow!

Where to start with all that lot!

Have you robbed a bank! smile.gif

Cool gear, enjoy it!

--------------------
"Better to live one day as a tiger than a thousand years as a sheep"

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jan 5 2010, 01:55 PM
Thanks guys smile.gif
Yeah, it's some cool gear and I can't wait to sit down and have some fun with it!
If only the days were longer laugh.gif

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jan 5 2010, 03:45 PM
Updated the first post, forgot about a poor little piece of gear I left out smile.gif

QUOTE (VictorUK @ Jan 5 2010, 03:22 PM) *
Very inspiring gear, nice smile.gif

Thanks smile.gif
Very inspiring indeed, many new ideas already biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by audiopaal: Jan 5 2010, 03:45 PM

+Quote Post
Fran
Jan 5 2010, 04:10 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Wow Paal you got some serious toys over there mate, enjoy! cool.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Jan 5 2010, 04:18 PM
Instructor
congrats man!, and let me say trillian ROCKS TOO HARD.
very impressive.

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jan 5 2010, 04:41 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Cool stuff! I have high hopes in the HT pedals smile.gif You must have been a good boy!!! Santa didn't bring anything for me, whatever that means... laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 5 2010, 05:14 PM
Instructor
Great list, congrats Paa!!!

I was thinking to get Trillian as well but it seems to be way too big, will see. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jan 5 2010, 05:15 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
wow.. thats the whole studio right there... Hoping to hear your recordings soon.. Congratulations!

Cheers!!

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
Young Guitarist
Jan 5 2010, 06:57 PM
GMC:er
Hey Paal thanks alot for introducing the Trillian!

I've been digging into it and it's AMAZING!

--------------------
Rock On!

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jan 5 2010, 08:08 PM
GMC:er
Cool stuff Paal!!! biggrin.gif

I was looking at one of the Keyrig Midi controllers. I already have the Oxygen 8 which is the same size as yours and was considering getting a full sized one as well!!!
Looking forward to some music from all of that lot!!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Staffy
Jan 5 2010, 08:28 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Jan 5 2010, 05:14 PM) *
Great list, congrats Paa!!!

I was thinking to get Trillian as well but it seems to be way too big, will see. biggrin.gif

Nah, You can run it in economy mode.... and then run it in full mode and mix it down to two channels.... smile.gif

Nice stuff there, I'm really after a tube pre-amp since my Behringer broke down and it wasn't any good anyway.... I will keep my eye's open for this one.... My toys haven't arrived yet, but at least I get the BM guitar on thursday, and my amp is ready next week... So I guess I have to celebrate a jewish christmas or something like that.... tongue.gif

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
sted
Jan 5 2010, 10:52 PM
Learning Rock Star
Nice stuff paal! Loving that bass module, though my bass player wont! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Staffy
Jan 5 2010, 11:44 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (sted @ Jan 5 2010, 10:52 PM) *
Nice stuff paal! Loving that bass module, though my bass player wont! laugh.gif

Wait and see Sted, they are planning a guitar version as well..... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Nah, just kidding!

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jan 5 2010, 11:56 PM
Thanks everyone biggrin.gif

I'm so busy this week, I barely get a chance to sit down with it sad.gif
But come next week, and I'll be unremovable from my "studio corner" laugh.gif

Trillian is amazing, but there's still much to learn...
God, I hope they don't make a Guitar version laugh.gif

Staffy, the preamp works wonders for the price!
They have another one almost like it, with an EQ section instead of the compressor.
Might be worth checking out that one as well smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 6 2010, 12:21 AM
Instructor
That's some awesome gear Paal, congratulations, lots of stuff to play with! smile.gif

The two pedals are interesting. I will check them out.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 6 2010, 01:05 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Congrats on getting all this Paal! smile.gif I'm sure you gonna have lots of fun playing with it! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jan 6 2010, 04:20 AM
Instructor
YOU ARE EQUIPPED!

That trillian makes my mouth go...(whatever the saying goes) I know it in spanish tongue.gif

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jan 6 2010, 09:29 AM
Thanks a lot guys biggrin.gif

Ivan: I think you'd love the HT-Drive smile.gif

Daniel: Yeah, Trilian has got the groove, literally smile.gif
I know what you mean! I know the saying too... in Norwegian biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:52 AM