> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Geoboi's New Era Of Guitar Playing
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 17 2012, 07:43 AM
Instructor
Hey George smile.gif

I figured out that since you are starting again, we should name this thread like this - it belongs to you and we will use it to work on your skills here!

Before starting, I would like to ask if you have any recording of any kind with yourself - I'd like to hear you play so that I would know what level you are being at.

Thanks!

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
geoboi
Sep 17 2012, 05:58 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 17 2012, 06:43 AM) *
Hey George smile.gif

I figured out that since you are starting again, we should name this thread like this - it belongs to you and we will use it to work on your skills here!

Before starting, I would like to ask if you have any recording of any kind with yourself - I'd like to hear you play so that I would know what level you are being at.

Thanks!

Cosmin

Your right about starting again. I don't remember much and what I do remember seems to get in the way. That's what I was meaning by having bad habits and they're hard to break. I've lost the groove, my ear is off, my timing is bad, I'm very sloppy and I'm not familiar with the fretboard anymore. HELP!!!

I notice above that you mention naming a thread that will belong to me. Can you clarify that better.

I can make a recording, but I don't have any experience with doing this. I believe I'll have to mic it all. The recording software I have is the Windows Sound Recorder and it wont record off the computer, only from the mic (I think). It wont record tunes off of youtube. I can mic in my amp but I can't hear it until I play back. Let me know if you have a better way of doing this.

The next deal is how to get the wav. file to you. I assume I can attach it to an email. Is that how it's done? Oh I just noticed the Browse and Green Upload button beneath this email window, that must be a clue eh?

I really appreciate your timely response to me. It clearly demonstrates your commitment and devotion to guitar playing. Your motto is a give away as well. lol

Thanks George
Oh I think I'm figuring this out. Right now I've just made a Discussion Board post in my new thread "Geoboi's New Era of Guitar Playing", is that about right?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 18 2012, 10:44 AM
Instructor
Aloha there George!

Thank you for your kind thoughts man! It's a pleasure to work with people which take things seriously but never forget to smile and enjoy what they are doing! biggrin.gif

Taking things one at a time:

- This thread belongs to you meaning that, by posting here we will communicate regarding your mentoring smile.gif
- I suggest we focus on theory/ ear training and rhythm for the following period
- If you have a videocam, just shoot the vid with yourself playing and you'll have sound as well for this particular recording. After this, I'll send you a little vid in which you will see how things are done with little gear and nice results wink.gif

Send the recording to me via rapidshare.com using my official GMC email address - [email protected] smile.gif

Please let me know if I can further assist biggrin.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
geoboi
Sep 26 2012, 05:06 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 18 2012, 02:44 AM) *
Aloha there George!

Thank you for your kind thoughts man! It's a pleasure to work with people which take things seriously but never forget to smile and enjoy what they are doing! biggrin.gif

Taking things one at a time:

- This thread belongs to you meaning that, by posting here we will communicate regarding your mentoring smile.gif
- I suggest we focus on theory/ ear training and rhythm for the following period
- If you have a videocam, just shoot the vid with yourself playing and you'll have sound as well for this particular recording. After this, I'll send you a little vid in which you will see how things are done with little gear and nice results wink.gif

Send the recording to me via rapidshare.com using my official GMC email address - [email protected] smile.gif

Please let me know if I can further assist biggrin.gif

Cosmin

Ok I believe I'm in sync with this now.
I like the above plan.
Even though my vid cam is slow and fuzzy I'll send it anyhow.
I've got your instructions to upload through Rapid Share to the address of [email protected]
Thanks
geo

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 27 2012, 11:23 AM
Instructor
Hey George, looking forward to see the video and to start working on things together wink.gif

+Quote Post
geoboi
Sep 30 2012, 12:48 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 27 2012, 03:23 AM) *
Hey George, looking forward to see the video and to start working on things together wink.gif

Ok, I assume I just uploaded two files to your RapidShare account. Looking forward to gett'in started. That was quite a chore to figure out. The Windows Movie Maker App. has a lot to be desired, but it worked. My Vid Cam/Mic I found was hyper sensitive. After countless experiments what seemed to work best was with the cam right in front of the amp. I had to set the cam mic to the lowest setting and the amp as well. I of course ported the GMC sound file through the amp. I could hear the stings louder than the amp. Not a complaint just information. You mentioned sending a vid that may help me do this better. All in all this recording sure puts a harsh reality to it all. LOL

Thanks
geo

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 1 2012, 02:24 PM
Instructor
Hey George!

The vids are great and your playing as well, mate! Congratulations biggrin.gif I think the sound is good (a little bit too bassy in the low registers found in the first part of the Jumping around lesson). You have good timing, you play clean and your articulation skills - bending and vibrato are pretty good!

Tell me man, how much time are you willing to dedicate to guitar playing each day? smile.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
geoboi
Oct 1 2012, 02:45 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 1 2012, 06:24 AM) *
Hey George!

The vids are great and your playing as well, mate! Congratulations biggrin.gif I think the sound is good (a little bit too bassy in the low registers found in the first part of the Jumping around lesson). You have good timing, you play clean and your articulation skills - bending and vibrato are pretty good!

Tell me man, how much time are you willing to dedicate to guitar playing each day? smile.gif

Cosmin

Thanks for your thoughts and encouragement.
I am willing, can and do apply hours everyday.
I agree with being to bassy I'll work it out better, I just needed to git'er done.

Thanks
geo

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 2 2012, 08:17 AM
Instructor
Thank you man smile.gif It's a pleasure to work with people as ambitious as yourself!

Well, I have thought that 2 hrs/day would be great to start with smile.gif

We will tackle:

Technique (alternate picking one day, legato the other one) - 30 minutes
Ear training - 30 minutes
Theory - 30 minutes
Rhythm/ Articulation (Rhythm one day/ articulation the other one) - 30 minutes

I'd rather have you working on a tighter schedule, so that you will cherish the time spent and focus better, rather than bombarding you with a 5-6 hrs schedule, which would be tiring and would most likely make you lose interest and focus.

What do you think?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
geoboi
Oct 2 2012, 01:08 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 2 2012, 12:17 AM) *
Thank you man smile.gif It's a pleasure to work with people as ambitious as yourself!

Well, I have thought that 2 hrs/day would be great to start with smile.gif

We will tackle:

Technique (alternate picking one day, legato the other one) - 30 minutes
Ear training - 30 minutes
Theory - 30 minutes
Rhythm/ Articulation (Rhythm one day/ articulation the other one) - 30 minutes

I'd rather have you working on a tighter schedule, so that you will cherish the time spent and focus better, rather than bombarding you with a 5-6 hrs schedule, which would be tiring and would most likely make you lose interest and focus.

What do you think?

Cosmin

Let's ramp it up!

geo

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 3 2012, 08:26 AM
Instructor
wink.gif Ok, I suggest we work like this - you have 10 days for each group of assignments, deal?

Here is the first group:

Alternate picking: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Picking-Hand-Basics/

Legato: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Beginn...eginner-Legato/

Ear training and theory - Try the following exercises:

1) We have the major scale built up using this formula: w w h w w w h.

w = whole step
h = half step

2) Any natural major scale is built after this formula. Example:

C D E F G A B C

there's a w between C and D
there's a w between D and E
there's a h between E and F
there's a w between F and G
there's a w between G and A
there's a w between A and B
there's a h between B and C

Now, if you look at your guitar, you will notice that if you play the C note (3rd fret D string) the D note is one whole step up, on the same string. That means that the note right next to the C note is C# and the note next to C # is D. So, 2 frets up means one whole step and one fret up means a half step.

3) Now, we have concluded that E is the major third in the case of C major and if we lower the major 3rd with one half step, we get the minor third and automatically, we can create a minor chord - C minor in our case.

Here are the formulas:

1 3 5 - major chord formula. Example: C E G
1 b3 5 - minor chord formula. Example: C Eb G

4) If you know these now, please tell me how does the D major scale look like - what are the notes making it up. (Use the w w h w w w h formula, starting from D) and tell me the notes making up the D major and D minor chords

5) Start a metronome at the tempo of 60 BPM quarter notes, in 4/4
Play a C note at random, on the guitar neck with each first beat in a bar. After being confident with the sounds, try the drill by SINGING the C notes instead of playing them smile.gif See how fast you can get with this, by pushing up the speed of the metronome while becoming more and more comfortable with the exercise.

Rhythm: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/beginners_chord_lesson/

Articulation: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bens-Vibrato-Odyssey/

What say you? biggrin.gif At the end of the 10 days - that means on the 13th of October, I am expecting recordings with each lesson, aside from the theory and ear training exercises.

Cosmin

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Oct 3 2012, 08:27 AM

+Quote Post
geoboi
Oct 3 2012, 01:20 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 3 2012, 12:26 AM) *
wink.gif Ok, I suggest we work like this - you have 10 days for each group of assignments, deal?

Here is the first group:

Alternate picking: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Picking-Hand-Basics/

Legato: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Beginn...eginner-Legato/

Ear training and theory - Try the following exercises:

1) We have the major scale built up using this formula: w w h w w w h.

w = whole step
h = half step

2) Any natural major scale is built after this formula. Example:

C D E F G A B C

there's a w between C and D
there's a w between D and E
there's a h between E and F
there's a w between F and G
there's a w between G and A
there's a w between A and B
there's a h between B and C

Now, if you look at your guitar, you will notice that if you play the C note (3rd fret D string) the D note is one whole step up, on the same string. That means that the note right next to the C note is C# and the note next to C # is D. So, 2 frets up means one whole step and one fret up means a half step.

3) Now, we have concluded that E is the major third in the case of C major and if we lower the major 3rd with one half step, we get the minor third and automatically, we can create a minor chord - C minor in our case.

Here are the formulas:

1 3 5 - major chord formula. Example: C E G
1 b3 5 - minor chord formula. Example: C Eb G

4) If you know these now, please tell me how does the D major scale look like - what are the notes making it up. (Use the w w h w w w h formula, starting from D) and tell me the notes making up the D major and D minor chords

5) Start a metronome at the tempo of 60 BPM quarter notes, in 4/4
Play a C note at random, on the guitar neck with each first beat in a bar. After being confident with the sounds, try the drill by SINGING the C notes instead of playing them smile.gif See how fast you can get with this, by pushing up the speed of the metronome while becoming more and more comfortable with the exercise.

Rhythm: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/beginners_chord_lesson/

Articulation: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bens-Vibrato-Odyssey/

What say you? biggrin.gif At the end of the 10 days - that means on the 13th of October, I am expecting recordings with each lesson, aside from the theory and ear training exercises.

Cosmin

Right. In 10 days I'll get this all together then post the answers to this thread and upload the vid's to RapidShare. Is this how you'd like it?

geo

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 4 2012, 08:35 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (geoboi @ Oct 3 2012, 12:20 PM) *
Right. In 10 days I'll get this all together then post the answers to this thread and upload the vid's to RapidShare. Is this how you'd like it?

geo

That's perfect! You could also start a youtube channel and upload everything there and then just embed the videos here. Have you already got one?

+Quote Post
geoboi
Oct 4 2012, 06:06 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 4 2012, 12:35 AM) *
That's perfect! You could also start a youtube channel and upload everything there and then just embed the videos here. Have you already got one?

No I don't have a channel. I'll look into that.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 4 2012, 09:42 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (geoboi @ Oct 4 2012, 05:06 PM) *
No I don't have a channel. I'll look into that.

Alright!

+Quote Post
geoboi
Oct 13 2012, 12:12 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 4 2012, 01:42 PM) *
Alright!

Hey Cosmin;
I'm having some problems this time a round and need to ask for another day.
Wudaya think?

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 13 2012, 07:48 AM
Instructor
Absolutely no problem man! Take your time wink.gif

+Quote Post
geoboi
Oct 15 2012, 06:44 PM
Cosmin;
The reason I'm running behind is I've been side tracked by learning how to get my amp into the PC as a USB Interface Device, play it through a Sim, record it in Reaper then attach it to a vid. I've pretty much got it working I just want to dial it in.

Also I'd like to mention you gave me a Vibrato lesson from Ben. His demonstration is quite clear how he massages the string. For some reason I don't have Vibrato. I massage the string as Ben does and I turn up the gain and no matter how much I oscillate my finger nothing happens. The only way I seem to get Vibrato is by string bending.
What do you think?

geo

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 16 2012, 04:55 PM
Instructor
Hey George! No biggie wink.gif If you got better quality, it's only for the best biggrin.gif

Now, I'd have to see a vid with that, because I can't quite figure out what sort of movement you are doing, so that I may say what's not correct. Send me a quick vid showing what you're doing with the vibrato smile.gif

+Quote Post
geoboi
Oct 17 2012, 12:58 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 16 2012, 08:55 AM) *
Hey George! No biggie wink.gif If you got better quality, it's only for the best biggrin.gif

Now, I'd have to see a vid with that, because I can't quite figure out what sort of movement you are doing, so that I may say what's not correct. Send me a quick vid showing what you're doing with the vibrato smile.gif

Yeah I should be able to upload everything soon. I hope it's better quality it won't change the blurry vid though. Maybe you can save me a little fooling around and tell me how to embed the youtube vids to my thread. I saw it somewhere but can't find it.

Thanks
geo

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 12:03 PM