> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

Jordan's Guitar Diaries
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 5 2013, 03:56 PM
Instructor
Hey mate smile.gif

So, what's cooking? Haven't spoken in a long time now biggrin.gif What would you like to work on together?

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JD_
Jan 5 2013, 11:33 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 6 2013, 12:26 AM) *
Hey mate smile.gif

So, what's cooking? Haven't spoken in a long time now biggrin.gif What would you like to work on together?

Cosmin

How are you Cosmin? Yes it has been a while now, about 3 months. I have just relocated interstate with my family, there is nothing worse than moving house. But all set up now and ready to get back into it. cool.gif

I think what I need most is a wider musical vocabulary, I need to learn some licks and particularly ideas on changing positions. and maybe incorprate some theory along the way.

eg: a lick that will take me from 1st position of Amin to the 2nd or 3rd.

Apart from that my practice routine covers most other things like AP, Legato etc. And to refresh your memory my favorite artists are, Andy Timmons, Marco Sfogli, Andy James, Nuno Bettencourt.

Also, This is the last task Alex gave me, just so you can see where I was at:

(only 40secs worth)

https://soundcloud.com/j_davis/task-2_alex-rock-shuffle

Thanks Cosmin

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by JaxN4: Jan 5 2013, 11:37 PM

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 7 2013, 10:53 AM
Instructor
Hey Jordan! smile.gif I'm glad we ended up working together mate biggrin.gif

What I think you would need aside learning how to use theory in musical contexts, would be ear training - once you are able to hear the notes in your head, it will be easier to improvise/ compose and generally come up with musical ideas in any direction you would like.

We can focus on this if you would like - btw, I think your playing sounds more rounded up than the last time I heard you smile.gif

What do you think?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
JD_
Jan 7 2013, 11:36 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 7 2013, 07:23 PM) *

What I think you would need aside learning how to use theory in musical contexts, would be ear training - once you are able to hear the notes in your head, it will be easier to improvise/ compose and generally come up with musical ideas in any direction you would like.

We can focus on this if you would like - btw, I think your playing sounds more rounded up than the last time I heard you smile.gif

What do you think?

Cosmin

That sounds like a great idea Cosmin. Lets get into it, important ready when you are mate

Thanks for your time

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 7 2013, 07:23 PM) *

What do you think?

Cosmin

That sounds like a great idea Cosmin. Lets get into it, im ready when you are mate

Thanks for your time.

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 8 2013, 11:23 AM
Instructor
Alright! Let's get to it - first things first, can you tell me what have you previously studied in what regards ear training? smile.gif

+Quote Post
JD_
Jan 8 2013, 11:27 AM
Learning Roadie
Hey Mate, thanks for the quick reply. rolleyes.gif

In regards to ear training, I have actually downloaded a package by Rob Chapman called Ear Training. So I am aware that I need to associate all 12 intervals with popular songs, ie perfect fifth = Star Wars theme song... that way you can recognize an interval via a familiar tune. I would say I am familiar with some intervals, but not all. I know the process of identifying them but haven't got into it 100%.... until now cool.gif

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 9 2013, 11:03 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (JaxN4 @ Jan 8 2013, 10:27 AM) *
Hey Mate, thanks for the quick reply. rolleyes.gif

In regards to ear training, I have actually downloaded a package by Rob Chapman called Ear Training. So I am aware that I need to associate all 12 intervals with popular songs, ie perfect fifth = Star Wars theme song... that way you can recognize an interval via a familiar tune. I would say I am familiar with some intervals, but not all. I know the process of identifying them but haven't got into it 100%.... until now cool.gif

Hehe! Jordan, for a first task, how about associating all the important intervals with a well known sonic landmark, well known to you, that is. Just like in the above example with Star Wars biggrin.gif For me, the perfect 5th is associated with medieval trumpets announcing the arrival of some important person at the court, you know, 'ta-da, ta-daaaa' (ta is the root and da is the actual 5th)

Let's focus on 2nd, minor and maj 3rd, perfect 4th, 6th, minor and major 7th - deal? Please tell me what you found biggrin.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
JD_
Jan 9 2013, 11:33 AM
Learning Roadie
Ta Da!

Hehe... This sounds good. I will get back to you ASAP with my answers. Thanks again :-)

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 9 2013, 11:49 AM
Instructor
Ta da ta daaaa biggrin.gif Nothing to it man! Looking forward to your discoveries biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 02:38 PM