5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Open For Questions
Guillaume
Mar 25 2009, 03:12 PM
GMC:er
Yes of course smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Mar 27 2009, 05:10 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Bartleby
Apr 6 2009, 09:20 PM
Hi Marcus,
I don't know if it's the good place to ask this...but I'd really like to know the tab of Follow the Blind (the track, not the album of course biggrin.gif )
I've searched everywhere on the Web and I can't find it
I noticed that some tabs are provided on the BG's website but not this one. Actually, I didn't know you have the permission to give a tab protected by copyright tongue.gif

Another little question, why did you change the lyrics of The Lord of the Rings since The Forgotten Tales (Gnomes -> Dwarfs, Halls -> Hearts etc, if i'm right) ? wink.gif

PS: too bad you guys are not coming to the Hellfest this year mellow.gif

Bye

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Apr 13 2009, 07:07 PM
Tabs for Follow the Blind? Hmmm, I have to say I still really like that song, but after recroding it we played it live exactly once, in 1989, and since then we never ever played or rehearsed it, so I have to admit I have not the slightest clue about what we played back then rolleyes.gif I would have to completely relearn the song myself and since we are just relearing some other songs for the upcoming festivals I won'T work on Follow. About tabs online, some time ago I checked some of them for fun, also some people showing how to play our songs on Youtube, and sad but true none of them was even close to what we are playing wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
superize
Apr 13 2009, 07:13 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
QUOTE (Bartleby @ Apr 6 2009, 10:20 PM) *
Hi Marcus,
I don't know if it's the good place to ask this...but I'd really like to know the tab of Follow the Blind (the track, not the album of course biggrin.gif )
I've searched everywhere on the Web and I can't find it
I noticed that some tabs are provided on the BG's website but not this one. Actually, I didn't know you have the permission to give a tab protected by copyright tongue.gif

Another little question, why did you change the lyrics of The Lord of the Rings since The Forgotten Tales (Gnomes -> Dwarfs, Halls -> Hearts etc, if i'm right) ? wink.gif

PS: too bad you guys are not coming to the Hellfest this year mellow.gif

Bye

Have you checked on 911tabs.com

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Bartleby
Apr 14 2009, 12:31 AM
What a shame, maybe one day i'll be able to tab it...and play it tongue.gif. Thanks anyway for your reply. BoF and FtB are still my favourite albums, I appreciate the "heavy" side you used to play in, not that i dislike the other albums of course (fanboy inside)
According to "we never ever played or rehearsed it", I can imagine BG won't make Album shows like Amon Amarth in december. Lucky me, you still play live Banish From Sanctuary and Majesty rolleyes.gif

You wrote in a topic that Strat' are not the most appropriate guitar for playing Metal, but I searched for videos about BG months ago, and surprise surprise, you had a Strat' biggrin.gif, check here
About the video, is it official ? If it is, do you still have the tapes ?

I hope I could see BG again live in the coming years.

Thank you again for your time Marcus.

Bye.

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Apr 14 2009, 04:17 PM
911 sounds familiar so I guess i checked their tabs back then, I am not sure though. And no, we don't plan any "album gigs", we prefer a mixed set, that doesn't mean we won't play any old songs though, actually I am practicing some older stuff in the moment wink.gif About Strats, I was talking about the classical Fender type strat with single coils, a great guitar for a lot of styles, but for a heavy sound I would always go for a guitar with humbuckers. If you pay attention, my guitar in that video is not a Fender, it is my old ESP Horizon, and it is equiped with an EMG 81 wink.gif And no, this video is not official at all wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
jer
Apr 14 2009, 04:20 PM
we're you on the right or left? if looking at the stage. (crappy video quality)

The guitarist on the right had a fender looking headstock.

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Handmade Marshall JCM800 50watt head (with mods)
Carvin 50x2 Stereo Tube Amp
Boss GT-10 Preamp/Effects Processor
Digitech GSP-1101 Preamp/Effects Processor
Behringer FCB1010 Midi Controlled Floorboard
Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 POD with 2.3 upgrade
Line 6 Floor Board
Line 6 Spider III Practice Amp
Nady UHF Wireless

"Who will eat the decay, when the worms have lost their sight?"

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Apr 14 2009, 04:36 PM
Oops, sorry, my mistake wink.gif I am stage left, which means on the right side if you are in the audience, and yes, it is a Fender type headstock, still it is an ESP guitar with EMG 81 pickups wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Apr 14 2009, 05:32 PM
when are you coming back to the US?

most importantly

when are you coming back to the San Francisco bay area? Id love to learn from my instructor LIVE!
haha

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Apr 15 2009, 09:56 AM
This year we will only play a couple of festivals in Europe, but next year we will for sure come back to the USA. I can't give you any dates yet, but as soon as our new album is released (sometime next year) we will go on a big world tour again, for sure covering the USA again too.

--------------------

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Apr 15 2009, 10:48 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ Apr 15 2009, 10:56 AM) *
This year we will only play a couple of festivals in Europe, but next year we will for sure come back to the USA. I can't give you any dates yet, but as soon as our new album is released (sometime next year) we will go on a big world tour again, for sure covering the USA again too.

What about Norway? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Guillaume
Apr 15 2009, 11:04 AM
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ Apr 15 2009, 10:56 AM) *

Very good news smile.gif
I hope for shows in France smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tono Fyr
Apr 15 2009, 03:22 PM
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ Apr 14 2009, 11:17 AM) *
911 sounds familiar so I guess i checked their tabs back then, I am not sure though. And no, we don't plan any "album gigs", we prefer a mixed set, that doesn't mean we won't play any old songs though, actually I am practicing some older stuff in the moment wink.gif About Strats, I was talking about the classical Fender type strat with single coils, a great guitar for a lot of styles, but for a heavy sound I would always go for a guitar with humbuckers. If you pay attention, my guitar in that video is not a Fender, it is my old ESP Horizon, and it is equiped with an EMG 81 wink.gif And no, this video is not official at all wink.gif

If I'm not mistaken, haven't you guys played almost all of IFTOS in your sets before? I realize that the DVD was filmed over two nights, but it's still got all bu one song off that album presented as a single set.

I honestly really want to hear the version of Theater of Pain you guys played. I remember seeing the bootleg somewhere, but I didn't manage to grab it before The Following went down (mostly due to the system they had set up for it).

+Quote Post
Canis
Apr 15 2009, 04:02 PM
Learning Rock Star
Okay, two almost equally important questions:

Are you coming to Norway in the next few years? smile.gif
And: What are your opinion on the new WoW expansion? tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Apr 15 2009, 07:55 PM
Lol, we didn't book the next tour yet, only this years festivals, so please don't ask me when we will play in whatever country, I don't know yet. As soon as we have confirmed dates we will publish them on our homepage, until then just be patient. About songs from Imaginations, I guess we already played every single song of that album live, but as you mentioned, the DVD was recorded on two nights, so we didn't play the full album in one set.
And about the Lich King, well, I still love WoW so it can't be that bad wink.gif even though the end game content was not very demanding so far, but now, with Ulduar this might change a bit, I will see about this tomorrow wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Red
Apr 15 2009, 08:22 PM
I suppose that someone have asked this before in this thread, but let's say i buyed one album from Blind Guardian for about 15 euro/dollars, how much of that would you guys get?

I really would feel alot better when buying an album if the band i bought from would get around 10 euro/dollars of that 15.

I suppose that it's a really high number, but do you get anything near that?

--------------------
Guitars: Epiphone SG, a really bad Telecaster (First Electric), Acoustic guitar (Unknown brand).

Amplifier: Marshall MG 30DFX.

Soon to come: Schecter Hellraiser C-7 FR

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Apr 15 2009, 08:40 PM
There is no fixed price, it depends on many things, like the country in which you bought it, if the cd was full price, mid price, low price, whatever.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Red
Apr 15 2009, 08:47 PM
But can you get as much as that from an album? Sorry if I'm annoying.

--------------------
Guitars: Epiphone SG, a really bad Telecaster (First Electric), Acoustic guitar (Unknown brand).

Amplifier: Marshall MG 30DFX.

Soon to come: Schecter Hellraiser C-7 FR

+Quote Post
jer
Apr 15 2009, 09:24 PM
How about this. Is it better for the bands if we go thru the merch links on the official band website?

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Handmade Marshall JCM800 50watt head (with mods)
Carvin 50x2 Stereo Tube Amp
Boss GT-10 Preamp/Effects Processor
Digitech GSP-1101 Preamp/Effects Processor
Behringer FCB1010 Midi Controlled Floorboard
Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 POD with 2.3 upgrade
Line 6 Floor Board
Line 6 Spider III Practice Amp
Nady UHF Wireless

"Who will eat the decay, when the worms have lost their sight?"

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:18 AM