2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Apartment Broken Into, I hate thieves
Goliath
Jan 27 2008, 04:09 PM
GMC:er
So someone broke into my apartment thursday and took mine and my roommates laptops, a leather coat, my grandfathers pistol, his watch, an xbox360 controller and a copy of HALO3 but not the game disc (idiot). The guy took my laptop case and charger even! He did manage to take the book I was reading out of my laptop case and leave it on our couch before he left (thanks, guy tongue.gif). In the process, he completely ignored all 4 of my guitars (any one of my guitars has more value than those laptops, some was worth more than both) and 2 xbox360s that were in plain sight. I'm typing this on the new laptop I had to come out of pocket for that was on sale at Best Buy (HP Pavillion dv6000 with 2 gigs ram, 250 gig HD, 800MB graphics card, HD display and lightscribe (can label CD's from the computer) for $700).

Still trying to find a positive that's not "At least he didn't take this".

I guess the one somewhat morbid upside is that he will likely put some other undesirables in the groun with that pistol, but there's always the chance that some good people will be victimized by it sad.gif

Just venting.

Cheers.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"King V" enthusiast

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mrblomme
Jan 27 2008, 04:21 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Sorry to hear that dude. ohmy.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Homer J. Simpson: Rockstars is there anything they dont know?

+Quote Post
g-forcelover
Jan 27 2008, 04:21 PM
ouch. but that guy is an idiot. I would take the the guitars and the 360's. (but i would never acually do it)

--------------------

i tripped and broke my guitar's neck. :(

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Jan 27 2008, 04:23 PM
yea man that sucks! good thing that he didn't take alot of stuff though.. i guess its a little hard to look on the brightside when your stuffs been stolen sad.gif sorry to hear it

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Jan 27 2008, 04:30 PM
Instructor
Sorry dude, but that's great that your guitars are still there!
/9And the Xbox 360 too...)

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jan 27 2008, 04:43 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Damn! I don't have a lot of sympathy for these junkies that can't keep their hands off of other peoples stuff.

+Quote Post
Goliath
Jan 27 2008, 05:01 PM
yeah, and there wasn't one, but two Xbox 360s sitting out in plain sight since we have 2 TV's running in our den so me and my roommate can both play at the same time and not have to be on the same screen (helps like crazy in FPS). They also ignored my roommates broken lockbox that has a literal ton of personal information. His identity would be toast were they to get their hands on that.

--------------------
"King V" enthusiast

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 27 2008, 05:04 PM
They were probably just stealing stuff that was easy to grab and take with them. Losers that see a few items that are of a smallish side as a lot of easy money for them. I hate thieves.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Jan 27 2008, 07:45 PM
Instructor
Sorry to hear that man, but luckily he left your guitars alone!

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
at lights end
Jan 27 2008, 07:52 PM
that sucks. that pistol must have had sentimental value, that's the worst, when they steal irreplaceable items.
at least your guitars are fine! biggrin.gif

--------------------
“You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.”

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 27 2008, 08:50 PM
Instructor
Crap mad.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Dejan Farkas
Jan 27 2008, 10:14 PM
Instructor
Sorry to hear that sad.gif

Someone broke into my apartment 2 years ago, I found a broken door lock, but nothing was missing. Don't know what happened but believe that my dog scared them away.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 27 2008, 11:08 PM
Instructor
Sorry to hear it man, thats terrible. sad.gif

BUT be happy he was stupid enough to leave your precious instruments.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Jan 27 2008, 11:14 PM
Man, that sucks...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bondy
Jan 27 2008, 11:18 PM
Learning Roadie
Really sorry to hear that i hope the catch him and hang him from his gonads

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Jan 27 2008, 11:25 PM
Instructor
feel sorrow for you man

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Jan 27 2008, 11:29 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
Grr I hate that sorta thing, sorry to hear that mate, I hope they catch em!! mad.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Jan 28 2008, 01:37 AM
Wow, that blows. I hope that they catch him.

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Jan 28 2008, 01:41 AM
Sorry to hear about that... thats one of the reasons why i have a pitbull as a pet...

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Jan 29 2008, 03:05 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Is it the 85 corridore or what. Got a cll Sun. morning that my business had been broken into. Smashed my front door in and took a 27 gal air comp., 5 gal air comp, nailer, floor scales, hand tools. I'm pissed! mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 08:06 PM