Tc Electronic Nova System
JVM
Aug 16 2008, 01:10 AM
Learning Roadie
Check out TC Electronic's Nova System, basically a high end floor pedal digital effects and analog drive/distortion unit. Looks really cool to me. Discuss.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
audiopaal
Aug 16 2008, 02:33 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
I've wanted one of those for a long time now, ever since they released information on it some tie ago smile.gif
Looks awesome, but I'm afraid I won't use my GT-10 if I buy that one so I'll wait a little while tongue.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Aug 16 2008, 02:45 AM
Singing Instructor
Well they haw good reputation with every thing they make,we used Pwercore in the studio,and the plugins are just amazing.
So I am shore that this pedal Rocks.

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
JVM
Aug 16 2008, 06:54 AM
Learning Roadie
Its a tempting thought to want one of these guys with something like a fender 65 twin RI... great clean basis to build off of, all the effects you want, as well as some really nice sounding drive (check here.. this guy seems to be using a stack of two epiphone blues custom's. Who is this guy anyway?). I can't think of many amps that might be good for it though, what has a great clean tone with tons of headroom and pretty good volume? From what I've read the blues customs seem to. Of course there are various fenders you could go for. What about Traynor? I've heard the ycv80 sounds great, is built great, has tons of headroom and seems like a good match for this kind of unit.

[edit] link fixed...

This post has been edited by JVM: Aug 16 2008, 10:08 PM

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
PanicProne
Aug 16 2008, 09:40 AM
GMC:er
It looks absolutely fantastic!! Gearobsessed as I am I really feel like going to the shop and try one out, if they have it that is..

+Quote Post
JVM
Aug 16 2008, 05:00 PM
Learning Roadie
Here is another amp that might go really well with it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
inertia
Aug 16 2008, 05:33 PM
QUOTE (JVM @ Aug 16 2008, 01:54 AM) *
Its a tempting thought to want one of these guys with something like a fender 65 twin RI... great clean basis to build off of, all the effects you want, as well as some really nice sounding drive (check here.. this guy seems to be using a stack of two epiphone blues custom's. Who is this guy anyway?). I can't think of many amps that might be good for it though, what has a great clean tone with tons of headroom and pretty good volume? From what I've read the blues customs seem to. Of course there are various fenders you could go for. What about Traynor? I've heard the ycv80 sounds great, is built great, has tons of headroom and seems like a good match for this kind of unit.

The Mesa Lonestar would be probably great with it I would think, but you're right, the twin would be awesome
I want one haha

+Quote Post
JVM
Aug 16 2008, 05:42 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (inertia @ Aug 16 2008, 12:33 PM) *
The Mesa Lonestar would be probably great with it I would think, but you're right, the twin would be awesome
I want one haha

True, a lonestar would be awesome as well biggrin.gif The epiphone, traynor and gibson though fit smaller budgets but are still probably really nice.

--------------------

+Quote Post
inertia
Aug 16 2008, 07:16 PM
QUOTE (JVM @ Aug 16 2008, 12:42 PM) *
True, a lonestar would be awesome as well biggrin.gif The epiphone, traynor and gibson though fit smaller budgets but are still probably really nice.

for sure those epis sounded great, I'd never heard that model before

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 16 2008, 07:37 PM
Instructor
Great system. Too bad it doesn't have wah as well sad.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
JVM
Aug 16 2008, 07:42 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Aug 16 2008, 02:37 PM) *
Great system. Too bad it doesn't have wah as well sad.gif

True. But there are always effects that it won't have. One of my favorites for example is the electro harmonix POG, but you wont find anything like it on a multifx that is actually decent (good sub octave tracking, no matter how fast you play or if you play chords, as many options, the organ sound). But for everything else, this thing looks pretty awesome.

This post has been edited by JVM: Aug 16 2008, 07:43 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 16 2008, 08:30 PM
Instructor
Yeah it does. This would actually solve all my FX problems for some time, but there is no wah pedal. It is pretty hard to find a good processor with wah included. Of course there is option to get wah aside, but that isn't an all-in-one solution and I would probably have to power two devices instead of one.

Yeah it does. This would actually solve all my FX problems for some time, but there is no wah pedal. It is pretty hard to find a good processor with wah included. Of course there is option to get wah aside, but that isn't an all-in-one solution and I would probably have to power two devices instead of one.

--------------------

+Quote Post
JVM
Aug 16 2008, 08:38 PM
Learning Roadie
You could get something like a Tonebone Loopbone and use it to take a wah and other effects in and out of your chain to preserve tone, but put it in when you want to use it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Aug 16 2008, 10:05 PM
Instructor
Sounds great from promo clips on Youtube,
TC effects are always top class but drive impressed me as well. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
JVM
Aug 16 2008, 10:08 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Aug 16 2008, 05:05 PM) *
Sounds great from promo clips on Youtube,
TC effects are always top class but drive impressed me as well. smile.gif

Yeah, I agree. I actually tried to mention that in my second post, but I failed by linking to the wrong video tongue.gif The drive really sounds good I think. Especially that first tone he has.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Aug 16 2008, 10:11 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (JVM @ Aug 16 2008, 11:08 PM) *
Especially that first tone he has.

Yeah,cream with strawberry biggrin.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 16 2008, 10:40 PM
Instructor
G-System is a also a great device, but very expenceive. Like 1500$ in net stores. But even G system doesn't come with wah. sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
JVM
Aug 16 2008, 11:05 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Aug 16 2008, 05:40 PM) *
G-System is a also a great device, but very expenceive. Like 1500$ in net stores. But even G system doesn't come with wah. sad.gif

I'm tellin ya man, get one of these and put the nova in one and wah in the other. Personally I'd have an EHX POG (with true bypass) either before or after all of that in the chain, and a "third hand" type thing like I mentioned in the pog thread hooked up to it. That would be my ultimate effects setup biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by JVM: Aug 16 2008, 11:06 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 17 2008, 12:37 AM
Instructor
no JVM you got me wrong mate. I don't think the sound would be in lower quality because of the wah - I simply wanna have all in one solution for carying around. And an lightweighted one as well. I'm tired of carrying around the pedalboard, why don't they build all in one solution that is good enough even for pedals, and lighter then pedals smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
JVM
Aug 17 2008, 12:45 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Aug 16 2008, 07:37 PM) *
no JVM you got me wrong mate. I don't think the sound would be in lower quality because of the wah - I simply wanna have all in one solution for carying around. And an lightweighted one as well. I'm tired of carrying around the pedalboard, why don't they build all in one solution that is good enough even for pedals, and lighter then pedals smile.gif

Ahh I see what you're saying. It would be very nice if it had wah, I admit.

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:17 PM