> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

10 Pages V  « < 8 9 10  
Yash's Learning Corner, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 14 2014, 12:31 AM
Instructor
That's great!! Congratulations mate!! Let's start with a first simple task. Film yourself playing the new guitar, some random playing and also some lessons that you have been practicing. Let me connect with your current progress and your new guitar to start designing together the new routine for the next days, what do you think?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Yash
Nov 18 2014, 06:13 PM
GMC:er

Here's what it sounds like. Yes, I need to improve my playing a lot. But hey, that's what I am here for ! wink.gif A lead guitar video is coming up soon wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 18 2014, 07:50 PM
Instructor
hehehe I love the energy of this video, starting by that shout at the beginning! As we suspected, the new guitar is bringing some renewed inspiration and motivation! I'm really happy for you mate!

This is a very cool medley with classic Thrash Metal songs. (I think that there is also some Zeppelin close to the end...). You learnt each of the riffs and songs very well and now it's time to adjust your technique mostly when you have to play the faster riffs. In order words, your next step would be to polish the riffs to be able to play this songs live with a real band, or maybe record some Youtube covers?

A good plan would be to take 1 riff each day and work on it. You could start with the verse riff for Creeping death. That one played with E powerchord followed by a fast legato. The process should be the following:

- Listen carefully to the original song. Check also some live versions and maybe any video of Kirk or anyone else showing the riff?
- Try to emulate both the right and left hand movements.
- Check the rhythm, be sure that you are doing it right.
- Practice using a drum loop or metronome at slow tempo.
- Increase the speed until you notice that you cannot keep timing and precision.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Yash
Nov 18 2014, 07:56 PM
Thanks Gabi ! smile.gif I'll work on Creeping Death riff starting tomorrow. But, I wanted to do In My Darkest Hour first, all of it, including the lead guitar parts. I'll do a rough cover of In My Darkest hour and get a video of me trying to do some silly leads up soon smile.gif I need to learn many more songs and focus more on my lead guitar playing. A LOT. I suck at solos. Not consistent enough.
PS - I wasn't warmed up before I played. I didn't have much time today. sad.gif

This post has been edited by Yash: Nov 18 2014, 07:57 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Yash
Nov 18 2014, 08:39 PM
Here's my lead playing. I suck ! Big time. This is what I wanna do. I need to be a good lead guitarist. And develop my own thing.

This post has been edited by Yash: Nov 18 2014, 08:49 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 19 2014, 03:28 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, the video is private, I cannot see it.

If you want to polish your technique (both rhythm and lead guitar need work), you will need to work on details. This means that instead of working on more songs, you have to isolate the tricky sections as I suggested and work on them as a loop, putting all your attention in the movements, the notes and everything that is happening to make it sound good. The same that I suggested for rhythm is applicable to lead guitar. You need to practice at least 15 / 30 minutes but every day to notice results. And if you time is that short, you need to be very focused and have a very well designed routine that covers technique like:

Rhythm

Alternate Picking

Legato

Vibrato & Bending

You can create your own exercises based on the parts of the songs that you need to work, and variations on it.

Please be patient friend and work on this way. Random playing is not the way to go to reach your guitar goals, and even less if your time for practice is short.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Yash
Nov 19 2014, 05:29 PM
Hi Gabi ! Check again, you can see it now. And, I do it when I am having troubles. smile.gif Let's make a schedule for 2 hours of guitar playing smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 20 2014, 03:27 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Now I could see the video! You have learnt all the notes perfectly. I notice that you have problems with vibrato, bending, sweep picking and alternate picking. We will work on each of these techniques using some GMC lessons. The idea is that you work on these lessons this week and shared videos with me. You can work on 1 part of each lesson each day and the 7th day combine everything. These are my suggestions based on your weak points and musical taste.

Rhythm: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Megadeth-Made-Easy/

Alternate Picking: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Altern...king-Workout-2/

Sweep Picking: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...picking-lesson/

Vibrato & Bending: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Winter-Tune/

I'll expect videos from you playing what you've learnt of these lessons in 7 days? Do we have a deal?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Yash
Nov 23 2014, 11:07 AM
I'll do Megadeth Made easy first smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 23 2014, 05:18 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ Nov 23 2014, 07:07 AM) *
I'll do Megadeth Made easy first smile.gif

Great! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 8 9 10
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:42 PM