> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

10 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Yash's Learning Corner, for Gab's Army
Yash
Jun 6 2012, 05:29 AM
GMC:er
Chords I know -

- Power Chords (duh)
- Barre Chords - E Major/Minor Shape, A Major/Minor Shape
- Open Chords - A Major/Minor, C Major, D Major/Minor, E Major/Minor, G Major

Scales I know

- Minor Pentatonic Scale shape, the most basic one
- Minor Scale On one string, I am working for all 6 strings
- I have learnt major scale quiet a few times, but always forget it, dont know why ?

Let's work on improving this count too. And what about problem with the pinky finger. It mostly occurs in alternate picking.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Yash
Jun 6 2012, 06:28 AM
Hey Gab,

I practiced the ITC-1 Exercies for some time now. I seem to do descent with alll the exercises except ex 3 and ex 6. They are both double pull offs on a single string and then hammer on and repeat. I lose all the sustain with the pull off and don't get enough ringing when I hammer on with the pinky.

Amy tips bro. I'll also film myself doing them today. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Yash
Jun 6 2012, 12:46 PM
Problem No. 2 Spotted -

I was trying to play phrasing book (God, its so emotional). Whenever I move from G string to E string in the beginning part, I somehow keep the G string ringing which creates unwanted noise. What do I do ? sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 7 2012, 07:56 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ Jun 6 2012, 01:29 AM) *
Chords I know -

- Power Chords (duh)
- Barre Chords - E Major/Minor Shape, A Major/Minor Shape
- Open Chords - A Major/Minor, C Major, D Major/Minor, E Major/Minor, G Major

Scales I know

- Minor Pentatonic Scale shape, the most basic one
- Minor Scale On one string, I am working for all 6 strings
- I have learnt major scale quiet a few times, but always forget it, dont know why ?

Let's work on improving this count too. And what about problem with the pinky finger. It mostly occurs in alternate picking.

Well, let's start working on the Pentatonic minor scale. You will notice that this scale is used in blues but it is also used for shredding. Maybe you will say, I'm not a bluesy guy, I don't want to learn blues licks, but be sure that blues is an influence for many of your favourite guitar players. Let's learn the 5 shapes of this scale.

It would be good if you check this lesson to learn the scales and relate them with the caged format.

Regarding the pinky problem, what exactly happening?

QUOTE (Yash @ Jun 6 2012, 02:28 AM) *
Hey Gab,

I practiced the ITC-1 Exercies for some time now. I seem to do descent with alll the exercises except ex 3 and ex 6. They are both double pull offs on a single string and then hammer on and repeat. I lose all the sustain with the pull off and don't get enough ringing when I hammer on with the pinky.

Amy tips bro. I'll also film myself doing them today. smile.gif

Well, that is the most difficult part of playing legato. Making the notes ring without picking is tricky and it can be achieved with enough strength. How to get it? Practicing as many exercises as you can. This lesson has another cool exercises to train this:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bens-Land-Of-Legato/

QUOTE (Yash @ Jun 6 2012, 08:46 AM) *
Problem No. 2 Spotted -

I was trying to play phrasing book (God, its so emotional). Whenever I move from G string to E string in the beginning part, I somehow keep the G string ringing which creates unwanted noise. What do I do ? sad.gif

Well, you can mute that string with the palm of your right hand or with the finger one of your right hand. I do it in both ways, depending the lick.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Yash
Jun 9 2012, 05:39 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 8 2012, 12:26 AM) *
Well, let's start working on the Pentatonic minor scale. You will notice that this scale is used in blues but it is also used for shredding. Maybe you will say, I'm not a bluesy guy, I don't want to learn blues licks, but be sure that blues is an influence for many of your favourite guitar players. Let's learn the 5 shapes of this scale.

I know this scale is the second most important scale of my life wink.gif (After minor scale) And I like the blues a bit too, stuff like Led Zep. biggrin.gif

I've learnt the first 3. The other two are a little weird feeling. I'll have them down soon and notify you when I do. smile.gif

It would be good if you check this lesson to learn the scales and relate them with the caged format.

What lesson ? There's no link here unsure.gif And what's Caged format. Heard that a few times but have no idea of what it is ? blink.gif

Regarding the pinky problem, what exactly happening?

In simple words, just not strong enough. I am not able to fret well either. But I am using it as much as I can. smile.gif

Well, that is the most difficult part of playing legato. Making the notes ring without picking is tricky and it can be achieved with enough strength. How to get it? Practicing as many exercises as you can. This lesson has another cool exercises to train this:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bens-Land-Of-Legato/

I'll practice legato more. wink.gif And make my legato better. biggrin.gif

Well, you can mute that string with the palm of your right hand or with the finger one of your right hand. I do it in both ways, depending the lick.

Hmmmm.... I tried using my left hand. Maybe that's the problem. Thanks for clearing. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Yash
Jun 9 2012, 06:45 PM

Why did you remove the E note on the 12th fret of the High E-string ???
Was that intentional or by mistake ? smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 10 2012, 09:32 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ Jun 9 2012, 01:39 PM) *
I know this scale is the second most important scale of my life wink.gif (After minor scale) And I like the blues a bit too, stuff like Led Zep. biggrin.gif

I've learnt the first 3. The other two are a little weird feeling. I'll have them down soon and notify you when I do. smile.gif

What lesson ? There's no link here unsure.gif And what's Caged format. Heard that a few times but have no idea of what it is ? blink.gif

In simple words, just not strong enough. I am not able to fret well either. But I am using it as much as I can. smile.gif

I'll practice legato more. wink.gif And make my legato better. biggrin.gif

Hmmmm.... I tried using my left hand. Maybe that's the problem. Thanks for clearing. smile.gif

QUOTE (Yash @ Jun 9 2012, 02:45 PM) *
Why did you remove the E note on the 12th fret of the High E-string ???
Was that intentional or by mistake ? smile.gif

Hi mate! This is the lesson that I was talking about:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...ming-exercises/

There you will find the caged format explained. You can also read this great tutorials by Andrew Cockburn about the Caged:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...?showtopic=2944

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...?showtopic=2984

Regarding the pentatonic shape, it was my fault, this is the correct shape, but you have to add the fret number 13 in the 2nd string because the scale generator doesn't allow me to write it.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Yash
Jun 11 2012, 04:12 AM
Hey Gab,

Thanks for the lessons mate. I'll start working on them today. wink.gif
I was wondering, should I learn the lessons from Ben's Vibrato Odyssey before going for Phrasing Book ?

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/lessonser...ibrato-Odyssey/

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 11 2012, 06:45 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ Jun 11 2012, 12:12 AM) *
Hey Gab,

Thanks for the lessons mate. I'll start working on them today. wink.gif
I was wondering, should I learn the lessons from Ben's Vibrato Odyssey before going for Phrasing Book ?

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/lessonser...ibrato-Odyssey/

That would be great mate! Those series are the best for practicing Vibrato.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Yash
Jun 11 2012, 06:48 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 11 2012, 11:15 PM) *
That would be great mate! Those series are the best for practicing Vibrato.

OK, so first this and pentatonics and then phrase book. smile.gif
Oh, and I recorded some stuff, but everytime I tried uploading.
Electricity failure sad.gif
Hope that doesnt occur tomorrow.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 11 2012, 06:53 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ Jun 11 2012, 02:48 PM) *
OK, so first this and pentatonics and then phrase book. smile.gif
Oh, and I recorded some stuff, but everytime I tried uploading.
Electricity failure sad.gif
Hope that doesnt occur tomorrow.

Ok! I hate when that happens! mad.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Yash
Jun 15 2012, 05:51 PM
The vids

Alternate Picking

Legato/ITC

You can hear what my name is in this video laugh.gif Hope you'll get the pronunciation right this time..... laugh.gif

Even if you don't, it's still good wink.gif smile.gif

This post has been edited by Yash: Jun 15 2012, 06:23 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 15 2012, 06:36 PM
Instructor
Hi Yash! I'm so glad of finding this new videos at the thread! Well done mate! You are always working hard and motivated. It's a pleasure to have you as a part of this army. The first lesson starts really well but then, starting at 00:38 you lose the rhythm and play the notes with a different timing. Do you note it? I think that you should practice this one at a slower tempo a bit more time. The second one is better, you keep the timing well during the whole lesson but you still need to play this one even tighter. In both lessons I note that your hands aren't relaxed when you are playing, it would be good if you can try it.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Yash
Jun 15 2012, 06:48 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 15 2012, 11:06 PM) *
Hi Yash! I'm so glad of finding this new videos at the thread! Well done mate! You are always working hard and motivated. It's a pleasure to have you as a part of this army. The first lesson starts really well but then, starting at 00:38 you lose the rhythm and play the notes with a different timing. Do you note it? I think that you should practice this one at a slower tempo a bit more time. The second one is better, you keep the timing well during the whole lesson but you still need to play this one even tighter. In both lessons I note that your hands aren't relaxed when you are playing, it would be good if you can try it.

No, I am not always working hard and motivated to tell you the truth tongue.gif Really, I was having problems this week.... Internet problems (still going on, I can't load any Youtube vids ).... electricity problems (thank god nothing happened today or else this one would have been cancelled too mad.gif ) And the biggest of them all.... I was playing video game too much that I didn't pick up for one or two days sad.gif mad.gif

And I noticed that too.... In the first one, I just don't know, something happened, I forgot the note progression, and it went wrong that way.
I noticed it while watching.

In the second one, I think my left hand is still pretty weak, and gets tired easily. I am doing my best to build up. smile.gif

And about the hands being relaxed, they automatically get stiff after some time, don't exactly know the reason huh.gif

Oh, one more thing, did you learn to pronounce my name biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 16 2012, 06:56 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ Jun 15 2012, 02:48 PM) *
No, I am not always working hard and motivated to tell you the truth tongue.gif Really, I was having problems this week.... Internet problems (still going on, I can't load any Youtube vids ).... electricity problems (thank god nothing happened today or else this one would have been cancelled too mad.gif ) And the biggest of them all.... I was playing video game too much that I didn't pick up for one or two days sad.gif mad.gif

And I noticed that too.... In the first one, I just don't know, something happened, I forgot the note progression, and it went wrong that way.
I noticed it while watching.

In the second one, I think my left hand is still pretty weak, and gets tired easily. I am doing my best to build up. smile.gif

And about the hands being relaxed, they automatically get stiff after some time, don't exactly know the reason huh.gif

Oh, one more thing, did you learn to pronounce my name biggrin.gif

hahah not sure mate! Please make the tutorial video called "How to pronounce Yash" biggrin.gif

I'm surprised about what you say in this post... you always seem to be very motivated but if you occasionally lose it I recommend you to go to those things that first made you start playing the guitar... those albums, those songs, those musicians or live videos.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Yash
Jun 17 2012, 07:43 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 16 2012, 11:26 PM) *
hahah not sure mate! Please make the tutorial video called "How to pronounce Yash" biggrin.gif

I'm surprised about what you say in this post... you always seem to be very motivated but if you occasionally lose it I recommend you to go to those things that first made you start playing the guitar... those albums, those songs, those musicians or live videos.

laugh.gif Gab, You learned how to say my name correctly. biggrin.gif No tutorial required. smile.gif

And, I knew you'd be surprised, but, you don't know me well, once you start knowing me more, you won't be surprised. smile.gif

I am a kinda crazy kiddo, as Slavenko calls me. I am kinda different. smile.gif

And, I can't go to those first things that motivated me to play, because, it was early Metallica and Megadeth. So fast, I can't play that laugh.gif

But I can jam wink.gif

This post has been edited by Yash: Jun 17 2012, 08:11 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 17 2012, 10:24 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ Jun 17 2012, 03:43 AM) *
laugh.gif Gab, You learned how to say my name correctly. biggrin.gif No tutorial required. smile.gif

And, I knew you'd be surprised, but, you don't know me well, once you start knowing me more, you won't be surprised. smile.gif

I am a kinda crazy kiddo, as Slavenko calls me. I am kinda different. smile.gif

And, I can't go to those first things that motivated me to play, because, it was early Metallica and Megadeth. So fast, I can't play that laugh.gif

But I can jam wink.gif

hahah I don't mean playing that stuff, I mean listening to it, watching the videos, reading some biographies and all those things that make us feel motivated every day!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Yash
Jun 18 2012, 05:06 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 18 2012, 02:54 AM) *
hahah I don't mean playing that stuff, I mean listening to it, watching the videos, reading some biographies and all those things that make us feel motivated every day!

hahahaha laugh.gif O thought playing, my bad biggrin.gif

OK Thanks Gab biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 18 2012, 02:33 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ Jun 18 2012, 01:06 AM) *
hahahaha laugh.gif O thought playing, my bad biggrin.gif

OK Thanks Gab biggrin.gif

By the way, this depends on what things really motivate you. In my case, listening to music that I can't play yet gives me more motivation to keep on practicing. However I know that this could have the contrary effect in some people.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Yash
Jun 19 2012, 02:50 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 18 2012, 07:03 PM) *
By the way, this depends on what things really motivate you. In my case, listening to music that I can't play yet gives me more motivation to keep on practicing. However I know that this could have the contrary effect in some people.

This gives me motivation too smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:19 PM