November 2008 3 Level Challenges, This months theme : Muris Varajic
Chris Evans
Nov 3 2008, 08:34 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
Time for the November challenges.

This month all the challenges will be lessons from Muris (so tough challenges all round biggrin.gif)

Lets see some more takes on all the levels this month guys smile.gif

Beginner Challenge is

Lydian Phrasing - Beginner

Intermediate challenge

Fusion Jam - Intermediate

Advanced challenge

Tapping & Legato Lesson

If you can upload youtube links or videos to this thread so we keep it all in one place that`ll be cool smile.gif

Deadline to get your vids in SUNDAY 23rd NOVEMBER

Good luck smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
berko
Nov 3 2008, 08:38 PM
GMC:er
Wow, great challenge for all levels !! The motivation is there with all these beautiful solos...

Hm, maybe I'll head for the fusion lesson, I just have to make sure I'll be in time though wink.gif ...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
High speed, low drag

Check out my YouTube channel
HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
Fran
Nov 3 2008, 08:51 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Cool theme and choice of challenges Smells, this should be fun smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Nov 3 2008, 09:09 PM
Instructor
This is going to be cool and interesting. I'll keep checking this thread smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Nov 3 2008, 09:09 PM
Learning Rock Star
Very nice choice of challenges. Turned out that I didn't have time for last month's challenge, as I was working on my apartment etc.

Hopefully I'll have more time this month, though I have no idea which challenge to go for yet.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Tolek
Nov 3 2008, 09:11 PM
Learning Rock Star
I´ll try to upload my take on the advanced level. smile.gif However, I have to figure that lesson out by ear/eyes because my subscription ran out. sad.gif

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Nov 3 2008, 09:22 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Hmm it seems that this months challenges are "Muris Challenges" smile.gif Will try to have a go on the beginner one, this time with video image, not sound only... rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Nov 3 2008, 09:50 PM
I started off with a whole bunch of different lessons for each level and I couldnt decide on which to use so I decided to go with a "Muris" theme laugh.gif

I might actually continue this idea for a bit, taking a particular instructors lessons for the challenges each month smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tolek
Nov 3 2008, 10:12 PM
Learning Rock Star
I´ve got another question. Do I have to use the backing track? I can´t download it because of my expired access...

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Nov 3 2008, 10:17 PM
QUOTE (Tolek @ Nov 3 2008, 09:12 PM) *
I´ve got another question. Do I have to use the backing track? I can´t download it because of my expired access...

no you dont have to, you could use a metronome or something, your interpretation of the lesson you choose will be cool smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
chast
Nov 3 2008, 10:18 PM
Learning Roadie
I probably give the intermediate challenge a try smile.gif

--------------------
"They play it extremely fast, it doesn't make any sense, but it's Slayer so it makes a lot of sense" :)

+Quote Post
superize
Nov 3 2008, 10:19 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
Great choise of lessons.....

The beginner i think i can do pretty easy but i will try the intremidiate and advanced one to.....

need to work on tapping and legato

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Matt23
Nov 3 2008, 10:23 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
QUOTE (Tolek @ Nov 3 2008, 08:11 PM) *
I´ll try to upload my take on the advanced level. smile.gif However, I have to figure that lesson out by ear/eyes because my subscription ran out. sad.gif

I've got the same problem sad.gif , but im gonna give the intermediate a go. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Tolek
Nov 3 2008, 10:39 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Smells @ Nov 3 2008, 10:17 PM) *
no you dont have to, you could use a metronome or something, your interpretation of the lesson you choose will be cool smile.gif

Thanks, I hope so. biggrin.gif I just started figuring out the advanced lesson and I have finished soon. smile.gif
Or is it maybe possible that someone could lend me the backing track? smile.gif

This post has been edited by Tolek: Nov 3 2008, 10:40 PM

+Quote Post
Oxac
Nov 3 2008, 11:12 PM
QUOTE (Smells @ Nov 3 2008, 09:50 PM) *
I started off with a whole bunch of different lessons for each level and I couldnt decide on which to use so I decided to go with a "Muris" theme laugh.gif

I might actually continue this idea for a bit, taking a particular instructors lessons for the challenges each month smile.gif

I can't see why you shouldn't smile.gif It's a great Idea

--------------------
Olle "AJ" Svensson

+Quote Post
wrk
Nov 10 2008, 10:50 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Wao, those lessons a quite a challenge ... i have spend the weekend working on the fusion and tapping/legto lessons. I have to admit i'm suffering a lot. With tapping anyway, i work since a while on that, but i always have these timing flaws in there. The fusion jam ... oh my.., the notes are all over the place laugh.gif

Hope i will get some takes ready in time. I only have one week left as i will not be with my guitars the last two weeks of november sad.gif

How is everybody doing so far ?

+Quote Post
superize
Nov 10 2008, 10:53 AM
Ultimate Tone Guru
I tried to learn the fusion jam but it is out of my league. i wont be able to learn it in time so i will have to go with the beginner lesson wich i can play but it still need some improvment

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
wrk
Nov 10 2008, 11:18 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (superize @ Nov 10 2008, 10:53 AM) *
I tried to learn the fusion jam but it is out of my league. i wont be able to learn it in time so i will have to go with the beginner lesson wich i can play but it still need some improvment

The lydian lesson is a nice one!! A lot of nice, long notes to work on tone and vibrato and to develop an ear for the lydian mode.

If you still work on the fusion jam, i suggest to play along with the gp3 file to get a feel for the timing. I'm sure you will be able to play a slower version of the backing track. 120bpm is too fast for me as well for these kind of shapes.

+Quote Post
Gus
Nov 10 2008, 09:47 PM
QUOTE (wrk @ Nov 10 2008, 10:50 AM) *
Wao, those lessons a quite a challenge ... i have spend the weekend working on the fusion and tapping/legto lessons. I have to admit i'm suffering a lot. With tapping anyway, i work since a while on that, but i always have these timing flaws in there. The fusion jam ... oh my.., the notes are all over the place laugh.gif

Hope i will get some takes ready in time. I only have one week left as i will not be with my guitars the last two weeks of november sad.gif

How is everybody doing so far ?

Don't worry. I just gave a try to tapping/legato lesson, and this is wwwwaaaaaaaaaayy more difficult than it looks like tongue.gif

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post
wrk
Nov 10 2008, 11:07 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gus @ Nov 10 2008, 09:47 PM) *
Don't worry. I just gave a try to tapping/legato lesson, and this is wwwwaaaaaaaaaayy more difficult than it looks like tongue.gif

Yes, you are right, it's a difficult lesson. Mainly because of it's speed i think. But to dive into tapping even beginner could give this one a try. Beside the part in the middle, all the other shapes are not extremely complex and are repeated a few times before to change a string, which is helpful. 160bpm shouldn't be the main goal. For me this lesson is one of those long-term workouts ... every week there is a little progress .. a tiny little progress .. laugh.gif laugh.gif

This post has been edited by wrk: Nov 10 2008, 11:52 PM

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 08:17 AM