My Birthday Gift To Me
SirJamsalot
Dec 11 2012, 08:38 PM
Learning Rock Star
I went ahead and broke my piggy bank on a Mesa Roadster head. I'm giddy with excitement. Can't wait for it to arrive!
I found a used Black Jute model for a pretty decent price

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Patrik Berg
Dec 11 2012, 09:22 PM
GMC:er
Awesome, happy birthday to you smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
When your fingers bleed you're getting somewhere

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Dec 11 2012, 09:31 PM
That's a real purdy present right there!!!
Congratulations mate!!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Dec 12 2012, 03:59 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
QUOTE (SirJamsalot @ Dec 11 2012, 07:38 PM) *
I went ahead and broke my piggy bank on a Mesa Roadster head. I'm giddy with excitement. Can't wait for it to arrive!

That is a super nice amp cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Dec 13 2012, 06:27 PM
Learning Rock Star
Zoinks! They shipped it UPS Ground from Florida to California... How does that save them money? haha. wierd.

Scheduled Delivery:
Wednesday, 12/19/2012, By End of Day
Last Location:
Departed - Jacksonville, FL, United States, Thursday, 12/13/2012

Jacksonville, FL, United States 12/13/2012 8:10 A.M. Departure Scan
12/13/2012 5:41 A.M. Arrival Scan
Longwood, FL, United States 12/12/2012 11:59 P.M. Departure Scan
12/12/2012 9:24 P.M. Origin Scan
United States 12/12/2012 4:10 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

This post has been edited by SirJamsalot: Dec 13 2012, 06:29 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 14 2012, 02:15 AM
Nice!! Gotta share some pics/vids when it shows up ! What are you pairing it with? It will rip most cabinets in half so be careful!

Todd

QUOTE (SirJamsalot @ Dec 11 2012, 02:38 PM) *

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Dec 14 2012, 11:20 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Dec 13 2012, 05:15 PM) *
Nice!! Gotta share some pics/vids when it shows up ! What are you pairing it with? It will rip most cabinets in half so be careful!

Todd

There's no way I'm gonna crank the beast up all the way smile.gif

I'm undecided on the cabinet at the moment. Price will dictate the first cab I get given the fact I have to sell my current amp in order to afford the cab!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Dec 14 2012, 11:28 PM
Instructor
Congrats man, cant wait to hear it wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Dec 15 2012, 02:36 AM
Learning Tone Master
everytime I read the title of this post I can hear you as smeigal

happy Birthday to mmmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

my my precious

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Dec 17 2012, 06:26 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Dec 14 2012, 05:36 PM) *
everytime I read the title of this post I can hear you as smeigal

happy Birthday to mmmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

my my precious

haha!
Speaking of... I saw the Hobit opening night - midnight movie - definitely worth seeing if you're a Tolken fan!! Awesome scene with our friend gollum! Entertaining conversations!

QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ Dec 14 2012, 02:28 PM) *
Congrats man, cant wait to hear it wink.gif

Same here! Thanks!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 18 2012, 01:33 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Congratulations - that looks like the best gift ever! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Dec 19 2012, 12:05 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Dec 17 2012, 04:33 PM) *
Congratulations - that looks like the best gift ever! smile.gif

Thanks!

Almost here!!!!!!

South San Francisco, CA, United States 12/18/2012 12:53 P.M. Arrival Scan
San Pablo, CA, United States 12/18/2012 12:06 P.M. Departure Scan
12/18/2012 8:25 A.M. Arrival Scan
Jacksonville, FL, United States 12/13/2012 8:10 A.M. Departure Scan
12/13/2012 5:41 A.M. Arrival Scan
Longwood, FL, United States 12/12/2012 11:59 P.M. Departure Scan
12/12/2012 9:24 P.M. Origin Scan
United States 12/12/2012 4:10 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fran
Dec 19 2012, 12:01 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Now that's a cool gift indeed! cool.gif
Crank it up!!

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Qenzoz
Dec 19 2012, 01:59 PM
AWESOME!!!!! biggrin.gif

Anyways if you feel like it my birthday is the 20th may, wouldn't mind something like that in my house laugh.gif

Congratulations of course! biggrin.gif & remember to crank it up to 11 and rock on tongue.gif

--------------------
Guitar
Suhr S4 Pro Series Bengal Burst

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Dec 21 2012, 06:04 PM
Learning Rock Star
It arrived two days ago and I put in all the tubes and started playing with it.
Talk about a fun amp!

I spent about an hour reading up on the manual - which is a really fun manual to read ! It's informative on speaker ohms, how tubes works, why making their amps fixed in terms of biasing, etc. All with humor! Really good stuff, you should read it purely for the entertainment factor!

http://www.mesaboogie.com/manuals/Roadster.pdf

In any case - first impression

This amp is versatile! I'm so glad I got it, and I don't even have it dialed in yet. There are 4 channels to work with, and a boost button on the foot pedal that you can set the increase in volume for making all channels able to break out for soloing. I love this feature.

Each channel has 3 modes - you can read about them in the manual, but what stands out for me is the fact that each channel has its own master volume so you can balance all 4 channels in, and the there is an output volume control, that controls all 4 channels together for total volume.

I was able to lower the output volume to bedroom levels which I wasn't expecting at all - AND, to top it off, at that level, sustaining a vibrato note led to feedback just as if I had it cranked up and faced the speakers (in the dirtiest channel).

There is plenty of gain to be had on this monster. I'm thoroughly happy so far and can't wait to get my tones dialed in. I'm confident I'll be able to go from CCR to Pixies to Metalica with a few stomps of the foot.

After I get some tones dialed in, I'll see about recording a lesson with a mic'd cab.

Cheers!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 21 2012, 06:38 PM
What cab are you using?

QUOTE (SirJamsalot @ Dec 21 2012, 12:04 PM) *
It arrived two days ago and I put in all the tubes and started playing with it.
Talk about a fun amp!

I spent about an hour reading up on the manual - which is a really fun manual to read ! It's informative on speaker ohms, how tubes works, why making their amps fixed in terms of biasing, etc. All with humor! Really good stuff, you should read it purely for the entertainment factor!

http://www.mesaboogie.com/manuals/Roadster.pdf

In any case - first impression

This amp is versatile! I'm so glad I got it, and I don't even have it dialed in yet. There are 4 channels to work with, and a boost button on the foot pedal that you can set the increase in volume for making all channels able to break out for soloing. I love this feature.

Each channel has 3 modes - you can read about them in the manual, but what stands out for me is the fact that each channel has its own master volume so you can balance all 4 channels in, and the there is an output volume control, that controls all 4 channels together for total volume.

I was able to lower the output volume to bedroom levels which I wasn't expecting at all - AND, to top it off, at that level, sustaining a vibrato note led to feedback just as if I had it cranked up and faced the speakers (in the dirtiest channel).

There is plenty of gain to be had on this monster. I'm thoroughly happy so far and can't wait to get my tones dialed in. I'm confident I'll be able to go from CCR to Pixies to Metalica with a few stomps of the foot.

After I get some tones dialed in, I'll see about recording a lesson with a mic'd cab.

Cheers!

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Dec 21 2012, 06:43 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Dec 21 2012, 09:38 AM) *
What cab are you using?

I'm embarrassed to say i don't even own a cab yet! I'm selling my Peavey Classic 50 2x12. It has 2 8ohm speakers wired in series for a total of 16 ohms, so I pulled the plug from the classic (1/8" jack) and put into the 16 ohm speaker out on the head. Worked like a charm.

The 2x12 is an open back. I plan on getting this for small venues:
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/RectCab212H

and a 4x12 for my studio and larger gigs if that ever happens.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 21 2012, 11:56 PM
NICE CHOICSE on the MESA!! That would do ya. In all seriousness,a MESA or ORANGE cabinet would be ideal for pairing with that head. Anything less and it's just semi silly, sadly. smile.gif The power, depth, throw, growl, of that head really needs just a BEAST of a cab or it will be like putting a hot rot engine in a YUGO. I've tried several Mesa heads with the Orange 4x12 and with the the single 1x12 Jim Root Cab and was very impressed. The Mesa open and closed back cabs also blew me away.

Where it fell apart was when I plugged a Triple Recto in to a Marshall (vintage 30's), then a Randall, (Eminence), then Hughes and Ketner (unknown) and was SHOCKED and how crap the whole thing sounded. The bottom end WENT AWAY, the growl turned to mush, the bite turned to fizz. I really would not have believed it otherwise. I honestly thought cabinets were a commodity. Each nearly as good as the other but for minor piddly differences. I was just flat out wrong.

Attached Image
Attached Image

Todd

QUOTE (SirJamsalot @ Dec 21 2012, 12:43 PM) *
I'm embarrassed to say i don't even own a cab yet! I'm selling my Peavey Classic 50 2x12. It has 2 8ohm speakers wired in series for a total of 16 ohms, so I pulled the plug from the classic (1/8" jack) and put into the 16 ohm speaker out on the head. Worked like a charm.

The 2x12 is an open back. I plan on getting this for small venues:
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/RectCab212H

and a 4x12 for my studio and larger gigs if that ever happens.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 11:32 AM