Pod X3
Jad Diab
Feb 13 2008, 11:42 AM
Instructor (former GMCer Zizi Top)
Hi,
I really like your sound when you're playing man ( really like your playing too though wink.gif )
I'm thinking of buying a pod X3, i know that you have one, can't remember wich version, well i wanted to ask you what do you think about pods, and do you think that i should buy the live version or the normal, knowing that i don't do lot of concerts in these times .. lol, i was thinking of buying the normal one, cause they told me that i can buy a live box and add it to it later if i want

I just want to know what are the pros and the cons of pods smile.gif

thanks marcus

Jad

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I endorse Sp custom pickups

Check out some of my work :
Youtube
GMC lessons
Myspace
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
visi0n
Feb 13 2008, 11:49 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Marcus is using POD XT, i'm thinking too for buying a pod X3, but i want to try it out first in the store, i will recommend the POD XT or X3, i have the normal one and want to sell it and buy XT or X3. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Feb 13 2008, 11:53 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
Hey Vision mate smile.gif

Thanks for helping out Zizi but we should show Marcus some courtesy by letting him reply to a question asked on his personal board first.

Read here https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...?showtopic=9759 for an announcement on this wink.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Feb 13 2008, 05:40 PM
Instructor
Hi Jad,
First, thank you for the comments smile.gif

Yes, I use the PODxt - and I LOVE IT! biggrin.gif It's very versatile. And imo it works great for recordings, as well as live gigs.
If you don't do live concerts, then I don't think you'll need the Live version. But of course, it depends on what you're playing. Maybe you like to change patch in the middle of a song? That's not so easy with the regular POD all the times I'm afraid...

I haven't tried the PODx3 yet, but from what I understand it's basically the same machine - but a whole lot better. More features etc. The only "bad thing" I've heard about it is the price, so If you got the money I'd definitely recommend you to get a PODx3 rather then a PODxt smile.gif

Hope this helps!

-Marcus

This post has been edited by lavendell: Feb 13 2008, 05:41 PM

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Bali
Feb 13 2008, 05:55 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (lavendell @ Feb 13 2008, 01:40 PM) *
The only "bad thing" I've heard about it is the price, so If you got the money I'd definitely recommend you to get a PODx3 rather then a PODxt smile.gif

Hope this helps!

-Marcus

And the second bad thing is no MIDI in/out, which renders it useless for live performance...it sucks!!

+Quote Post
Tomotoms
Feb 13 2008, 08:23 PM
QUOTE (Bali @ Feb 13 2008, 04:55 PM) *
And the second bad thing is no MIDI in/out, which renders it useless for live performance...it sucks!!

What? 'm pretty sure the Pod X3 Live does have MIDI.
Page 3.14 in the handbook (I assume you own one, if not I think you can find one online somewhere)

I think I found a link: http://www.manualnguide.com/download/manua...ser-manual.html

This post has been edited by Tomotoms: Feb 13 2008, 08:28 PM

+Quote Post
visi0n
Feb 13 2008, 09:16 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Smells @ Feb 13 2008, 11:53 AM) *
Hey Vision mate smile.gif

Thanks for helping out Zizi but we should show Marcus some courtesy by letting him reply to a question asked on his personal board first.

Read here https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...?showtopic=9759 for an announcement on this wink.gif

I'm so sorry, i didn't read that part of the announcement, excuse me for this .. smile.gif it wasnt my idea to answer the question , it was more like that i wanted a podx3 too, won't happen anymore wink.gif thanks for the reminding.

Ekrem

This post has been edited by visi0n: Feb 13 2008, 09:20 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Feb 13 2008, 09:28 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (visi0n @ Feb 13 2008, 09:16 PM) *
I'm so sorry, i didn't read that part of the announcement, excuse me for this .. smile.gif it wasnt my idea to answer the question , it was more like that i wanted a podx3 too, won't happen anymore wink.gif thanks for the reminding.

Ekrem

It's ok Ekrem! smile.gif

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

+Quote Post
muntahunta
Feb 13 2008, 09:36 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Bali @ Feb 13 2008, 04:55 PM) *

my XT is in the car so i cant check about the XT.

however... the X3 DEFINATLY has midi in AND out... plainly stated by the MIDI ports on the back of the X3 Live.
plus this has no effect on wether it works well live. its a great modeler and i use either the XT or X3 for playing live (depends which one im in the mood for)

This post has been edited by muntahunta: Feb 13 2008, 09:37 PM

--------------------
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ Dual EMG 81 Pickups. Size 11 Strings.
Ibanez GRG170DX w/ Scallopd frets 17-24 - w/ Dimebucker and APH-1.
Tanglewood TW28 STR DLX CE INDIANA Acoustic Guitar
NEW: Dean Deceiver w/ EMG 81/EMG 85 Pickups
Effects:
Pod XT Live AND Pod X3 Live
Recording:
Cubase SX3

My Bands Myspace
Act Of Silence

Songs:

Fly From The Inside (Cover)
So Far Away
Down
Break The Cycle
Never Again (Cover)
Crash
Wake Me

More Acoustic Songs:
Chris Kerswell Soundclick Page

Check out Munta's Step By Step Songwriting Lesson

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Feb 13 2008, 09:48 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (muntahunta @ Feb 13 2008, 09:36 PM) *
my XT is in the car so i cant check about the XT.

Thanks for your input muntahunta! smile.gif

I can confirm that the XT has midi in/out.

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

+Quote Post
Jad Diab
Feb 14 2008, 09:00 PM
Instructor (former GMCer Zizi Top)
thanks for your advices, i'm really decided to buy it, i don't know if anyone noticed that, but the podx3 cost 400$ in america (225 €) and 400 € in france !! that's not fare
Once i buy it, i hope you don't mind that i see you're adjustement .

Thanks

--------------------
I endorse Sp custom pickups

Check out some of my work :
Youtube
GMC lessons
Myspace

+Quote Post
wrk
Feb 15 2008, 12:00 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Zizi Top @ Feb 14 2008, 09:00 PM) *
thanks for your advices, i'm really decided to buy it, i don't know if anyone noticed that, but the podx3 cost 400$ in america (225 €) and 400 € in france !! that's not fare
Once i buy it, i hope you don't mind that i see you're adjustement .

Thanks

Hi ZiZi .. true, the prices in France are sick sometimes ... i have bought my XT Live over ebay and was lucky.I found it for a relative good price and it was located in paris ... so i could test and pick it up directly. It even makes sense to order it from germany. The delivery costs are not that high and i find sometimes more offers from there as in France. I think the Live versions are unbreakable, so no problem to by them used in my opinion.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Feb 15 2008, 12:44 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Just to add to anyones reasurrance, the POD X3 Live is an incredible piece of equipment, Only go for the live version if you want the Expression Pedal (Volume and Wah Pedal) and would like to switch between patches easily with feet, like marcus said, in the middle of a song.

+Quote Post
muntahunta
Feb 15 2008, 12:19 PM
Learning Roadie
www.thomann.de

good prices on POD's

if you want to record anything more than a guitar, go for the X3.
if you want more contol over your tone, go for the X3.
if you just want a guitar effects pedal that makes your sound brilliant without spending as much for the X3, go for the XT tongue.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ Dual EMG 81 Pickups. Size 11 Strings.
Ibanez GRG170DX w/ Scallopd frets 17-24 - w/ Dimebucker and APH-1.
Tanglewood TW28 STR DLX CE INDIANA Acoustic Guitar
NEW: Dean Deceiver w/ EMG 81/EMG 85 Pickups
Effects:
Pod XT Live AND Pod X3 Live
Recording:
Cubase SX3

My Bands Myspace
Act Of Silence

Songs:

Fly From The Inside (Cover)
So Far Away
Down
Break The Cycle
Never Again (Cover)
Crash
Wake Me

More Acoustic Songs:
Chris Kerswell Soundclick Page

Check out Munta's Step By Step Songwriting Lesson

+Quote Post
Tomotoms
Feb 15 2008, 12:34 PM
muntahunta, I see you have both the X3 and the XT. Have you tried sending your signal through both of them simultaneously?

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 15 2008, 12:37 PM
I think I may save up 319 pound for the POD XT Live. But that is about 640 dollars sad.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Feb 15 2008, 12:44 PM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Feb 15 2008, 11:37 AM) *
I think I may save up 319 pound for the POD XT Live. But that is about 640 dollars sad.gif

Check out ebay mate, I got mine for £170, virtually brand new and boxed, seen a few around on there for £200 as well smile.gif well worth it! best bit of kit I`ve bought for a long time! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tomotoms
Feb 15 2008, 12:51 PM
Be careful if you're buying the X3 Live off e-bay. When it first came out, many came with a fault of internal flaking conductive paint. Line 6 released a software solution but it's something to take into account.

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 15 2008, 12:54 PM
QUOTE (Smells @ Feb 15 2008, 11:44 AM) *
Check out ebay mate, I got mine for £170, virtually brand new and boxed, seen a few around on there for £200 as well smile.gif well worth it! best bit of kit I`ve bought for a long time! smile.gif

Cool. I will check it out. Is this the best Line 6 product out for live performance and recording would you say? Is this above the XT Live?

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Feb 15 2008, 01:00 PM
sorry mate, was talking about the XT Live, I personally find it excellent for both recording and live, I know the XT Live gets a few knocks for "live" work, but I think a lot depends on your set up amp wise, I find it produces the same sounds live as when I record with it so I`m well happy.

I think Muntahunta summed it up well (obviously owning both he has a good opinion) I dont need to record other instruments other than guitar so the X3 is far more than what I need so the majority of its features would be wasted on me.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 03:45 AM