Your Guitar (white Strat)
MattE
Feb 4 2008, 03:49 AM
GMC:er
Alright, so I think I'm not the only one who's curious, but I wanted to ask about a spec list on your white Strat smile.gif

Also, if I remember correctly, you mentioned you built that yourself from random parts, curious as to that little process smile.gif

And, since I'm at it, would you mind taking a few angle shots of the top of your neck, around where the (what looks like) floyd rose lock nut is?

Thanks!
-Matt

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Feb 5 2008, 06:48 PM
Instructor
Hi Matt,

Yes, I put it together myself from random parts and I'm afraid I can't give you a spec list. I just spent some time in a second hand music store and tried lots of different guitars, then I simply decided what parts I wanted to use. I was on a very limited budget so most of the parts were cheap “no name”-stuff, and I remember some of them didn’t fit (the neck for example) and I was a bit frustrated! laugh.gif

One thing that turned out ok though was the scallop. I'm very happy with that, but it's basically the only thing that is good on that guitar biggrin.gif

-Marcus

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Feb 16 2008, 01:04 AM
Learning Rock Star
You talk as though you dont really like it, so why do you use it so much then? huh.gif

--------------------

But still I want answers, what's the point, what does all this mean?

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Feb 16 2008, 10:33 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Stevie·Ray·Vaughn @ Feb 16 2008, 01:04 AM) *
You talk as though you dont really like it, so why do you use it so much then? huh.gif

That's a fair question! biggrin.gif

Well, I've learned how to play with it and I actually do like it. I don't care that the whammy bar keeps falling off, or that the output jack makes noises, or that the saddle is a bit rusty... etc, etc... I just think that the guitar sounds good, and I'm very happy with the neck! smile.gif

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Feb 17 2008, 05:56 AM
Learning Rock Star
Ahhh. Just curious, how difficult would it be for me to make my own guitar and still have it sound good? Like yours smile.gif

--------------------

But still I want answers, what's the point, what does all this mean?

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Feb 17 2008, 09:12 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Stevie·Ray·Vaughn @ Feb 17 2008, 05:56 AM) *
Ahhh. Just curious, how difficult would it be for me to make my own guitar and still have it sound good? Like yours smile.gif

Oh, I don't really know how to answer that question! unsure.gif
One way to start is to buy a few second hand guitars and move the parts from one to the other. It's not so difficult, and I think you'll learn a lot from it. smile.gif

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

+Quote Post
Owen
Feb 17 2008, 10:31 PM
GMC:er
I'm going to invade this topic with some more questions tongue.gif

Did you install the locking nut on the Fender neck? If you did, how easy was it to do? smile.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Feb 18 2008, 08:51 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Owen @ Feb 17 2008, 10:31 PM) *
I'm going to invade this topic with some more questions tongue.gif

Did you install the locking nut on the Fender neck? If you did, how easy was it to do? smile.gif

biggrin.gif

Yes, I did (or maybe I had some help, can't really remember). To install it is very easy, as long as it fits. The "difficult" part is to adjust the height. But it's not that hard on a locking nut, if it's not glued. smile.gif

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 06:31 AM