For Us Gary Moore -lovers...
Staffy
Jan 20 2010, 08:16 AM
Learning Tone Master
I found this yesterday, which I never heard with Gary. Strange, I thought I heard all his records.....
Awesome playing... With Mo Foster and Simon Phillips.

//Staffay

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Jan 20 2010, 09:06 AM
GMC:er
Lovely

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jan 20 2010, 09:08 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Thanks biggrin.gif

Gary Moore is amazing, I hope I get to see him live again...

+Quote Post
Staffy
Jan 20 2010, 09:41 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (audiopaal @ Jan 20 2010, 09:08 AM) *
Thanks biggrin.gif

Gary Moore is amazing, I hope I get to see him live again...

Ummm, saw him in Berlin last spring, it was good, but I remember when I first saw him in Sweden in the beginning of the eighties. It was with Ian Paice on the drums, just simply amazing. There wasn't really any other guitar players around with that class and style (except for EVH of course) back then. He was just such an innovator at that time....

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jan 20 2010, 12:04 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
QUOTE (Staffy @ Jan 20 2010, 09:41 AM) *
Ummm, saw him in Berlin last spring, it was good, but I remember when I first saw him in Sweden in the beginning of the eighties. It was with Ian Paice on the drums, just simply amazing. There wasn't really any other guitar players around with that class and style (except for EVH of course) back then. He was just such an innovator at that time....

//Staffay

I saw him in the mid 90s, and that was awesome smile.gif
He actually played in Stavanger (My hometown), so I was really happy about that too, hehe..
Such a great player, and live he was amazing smile.gif

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jan 20 2010, 02:02 PM
Thanks for reminding me of this one Staffay! I'd almost forgotten about it!!! I really liked it.
biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
JVM
Jan 20 2010, 06:21 PM
Learning Roadie
Nice tune.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Hammerhead
Jan 21 2010, 12:12 AM
Thanks! cool.gif

--------------------
When I look down at my hands... I see "FINGERS of DOOM"

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 21 2010, 01:39 AM
Instructor
Wow, great tune, and Gary's playing is as always awesome wink.gif Thanks for sharing Staffay

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
sted
Jan 21 2010, 10:52 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hes definitley p there with my favourite players, i know he plays mostly blues scales and aeolian stuff but he just sounds so original with it, of course hes a speed demon which helps but everyhing about his playing is seriously good, i dont think ive heard anyone use bends to he effect he does, sounds like his Les Pauls are screaming for mercy!

+Quote Post
Staffy
Jan 21 2010, 12:10 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (sted @ Jan 21 2010, 10:52 AM) *
Hes definitley p there with my favourite players, i know he plays mostly blues scales and aeolian stuff but he just sounds so original with it, of course hes a speed demon which helps but everyhing about his playing is seriously good, i dont think ive heard anyone use bends to he effect he does, sounds like his Les Pauls are screaming for mercy!

Yeah, there is really no secrets about his tonal approach, but playing with that attack & control and try to play his speedy stuff... boy, thats hard!!! tongue.gif I bet his sound-engineer were crying for mercy too.
(btw. I saw a line of them outside the unemployment-agency last time I was in UK holding some signs: "-Hire us, we do anything, cause we don't wanna do another Gary Moore album...." laugh.gif

//Staffay

--------------------

+Quote Post
sted
Jan 22 2010, 12:30 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Staffy @ Jan 21 2010, 11:10 AM) *
Yeah, there is really no secrets about his tonal approach, but playing with that attack & control and try to play his speedy stuff... boy, thats hard!!! tongue.gif I bet his sound-engineer were crying for mercy too.
(btw. I saw a line of them outside the unemployment-agency last time I was in UK holding some signs: "-Hire us, we do anything, cause we don't wanna do another Gary Moore album...." laugh.gif

//Staffay

laugh.gif Yeah mate, Ive heard he can be a bit of a hard taskmaster!

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jan 24 2010, 02:54 PM
Instructor
Great share ,thanks smile.gif !

--------------------

+Quote Post
playaxeman
Jan 24 2010, 04:15 PM
Learning Rock Star
Great
I Love Gary's playing.

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars
Music Man Luke BFR , Music Man JP LTD 2008, Paul Reed Smith Santana III, Gibson Les Paul, Ovation Adamas, Ovation Ultra

Amps
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 50 combo

Effects
Korg Pandora PX5D, Line 6 Pod XT Live

Recording
Guitar Rig 5, Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000, Magix MusicMaker2008

Visit My Website

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jan 26 2010, 07:04 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (audiopaal @ Jan 20 2010, 09:08 AM) *
Thanks biggrin.gif

Gary Moore is amazing,

I hope I get to see him live

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Jan 27 2010, 12:19 AM
Awesome find!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:58 PM