2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Classical Music, question for Gabriel and others
Muris Varajic
Aug 24 2007, 07:38 PM
Instructor
I would say Chopin as well.
His style is so sweet,charmy,emotional,colorful and full of high technical attributes for sure.
There are also Bach,Wagner,Beethowen,Mozart,Smetana,Dvorzak,Ravel etc
but Chopin is still number one on my list. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Robin
Aug 25 2007, 05:23 AM
GMC:er
Edvard Grieg. You've probably already heard something from him, he got alot of famous compositions. Dovregubbens hall \m/ seriously metal man biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Aug 25 2007, 06:20 AM
Instructor
Just a coment...

in my opinion nowadays there are a great orchetra composers, for example Hans Zimmer, Klaus Badelt, and other OSTs composers

+Quote Post
Robin
Aug 25 2007, 08:32 AM
QUOTE (Juan M. Valero @ Aug 25 2007, 05:20 AM) *
Just a coment...

in my opinion nowadays there are a great orchetra composers, for example Hans Zimmer, Klaus Badelt, and other OSTs composers

I agree, even though I dont know much about this subject, but I have been talking alot to a friend of mine that I have on msn, been watching alot of youtube videos tongue.gif He says that even though most popular music is just crap nowdays, there are so many excellent classical composers and jazz musicians that are on the same level as the good ol' ones, or even higher. Just got to dig deep to find the good stuff.

I doubt there will ever be rock bands like Uriah Heep, Led Zeppelin and others ever again. Thats just me though.

+Quote Post
Zephyr
Aug 25 2007, 06:20 PM
I think that Paganini was a pretty amazing guy... his pieces were more or less considered impossible to play during his time.

Besides that, I'm not sure... I don't really know the names of very many composers, but I love epic-sounding music, it just feels great to listen to.

This post has been edited by Zephyr: Aug 25 2007, 06:21 PM

+Quote Post
Robin
Aug 26 2007, 02:45 AM
I just discovered a composer named Carl Nielsen, this is AMAZING!

+Quote Post
Robin
Aug 28 2007, 05:29 AM
This is slightly off topic since its kinda folk music, but I thought I'd mention it anyway. I just started listening to Riverdance today, its sooooo amazing. Just listening to the CD is so extremely mindblowing, imagine being at the show! blink.gif

This post has been edited by Robin: Aug 28 2007, 06:41 AM

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Aug 28 2007, 05:36 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Robin @ Aug 26 2007, 03:45 AM) *

mmm I try to obtain something rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Aug 28 2007, 05:38 AM
Lets go fishing!
Im a big fan of Bach and Puccini ! smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Kaneda
Aug 28 2007, 06:18 AM
Other side of the coin
QUOTE (Robin @ Aug 26 2007, 03:45 AM) *

Carl Nielsen has done a lot of interesting work that's been quite overlooked... Especially by Danes smile.gif Every Dane probably knows a single piece by him (which is, incidentally, quite beautiful), and nothing else - Tågen Letter ("The Fog is Lifting"). Lots of other stuff to listen to smile.gif

+Quote Post
Kurt
Sep 1 2007, 10:23 PM
I would definitly say my favourite is F. Chopin too, he is amazing because of his very expressive, emotional style.....and also another great composer for me would be Schubert, who was also very close to the romantic epoque smile.gif

This post has been edited by Kurt: Sep 1 2007, 10:27 PM

+Quote Post
Asphyxia Feeling
Sep 7 2007, 06:09 AM
QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Aug 1 2007, 06:17 PM) *
hmm mine are Vivaldi, Mozart, Bethoveen and Pachelbel tongue.gif
'

+1 on what fretdancer said. can't beat them biggrin.gif

not to say i'm an expert on classical music; those artists are all super popular as it is, so they ended up being the first guys i got into with classical music.

mmm... classical music always makes me want to go buy a piano or something. so relaxing.

--------------------
What did you learn tonight?
while shouting so loud, you barely joyous, broken thing.
You are a voice that never sings, is what i say.
You are freezing over hell
You are bringing on that end you do so well
and you can only blame yourself, is what is say.

+Quote Post
Kosei Kubota
Oct 6 2007, 01:49 PM
Classical Instructor
It is hard to pick. Bach, Mozart, Beethoven, all of these giants are great.

But not many of those great composers wrote pieces for classical guitar.

Among contemporary composers, Toru Takemitsu wrote and arranged several pieces for the guitar, and he is one of my favorite classical composers.

Check these out!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pVTPUNju_Dc
http://youtube.com/watch?v=sviToDyH8dQ

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 09:29 AM