Some Notes/video's On Buffered Vs True Bypassed Pedals
Mertay
Mar 21 2015, 12:29 AM
GMC:er
Looking at different pedal descriptions, I noticed many companies use the term true-bypass like marketing smile.gif

In case anyone doesn't know the difference, here is a nice video to begin which explains the use of buffered pedals;

Now we get into detail...this was the selling point of a buffered pedal and as its very briefly mentioned in the video, true-bypassed pedals take the signal straight in and out and you get more of the guitars dry tone with whatever fx you're using.

Since many of us don't use super-long cables (or active di-box/buffer pedals as option) it seems to make sense that we wouldn't need buffered pedals. But I noticed something about buffered pedals that are never mentioned, the tone that comes with the buffer (or buffer design) and found this video;

I noticed this with my boss pedal (at home where cables are short smile.gif ) and mentioned here in a topic I can't remember. Funny how a turned off ds1 or mt2 can add sparkle to your clean sound smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Mertay: Mar 21 2015, 12:52 AM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:53 PM