More Distortion
psychoguitarist_...
Aug 13 2006, 10:01 AM
GMC:er
From: Bangalore, Karnataka, India, Asia (in case u don't know where India is)
I want as much distortion as possible for around $200-$400. Can anyone suggest a good company for amps or something like the Line 6 pod xt live??? As of now i have a Johnson Stage 50R amp and it offers me very less distortion and i don't know what to do. Any help??? :?: :?: :?:

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mxrider391
Aug 13 2006, 06:23 PM
you could look at just getting a distortion pedal then using the clean channel of your amp...

some pedals to look at

Line 6 Uber Metal
EH Metal Muff
Boss MT-2
Womanizer
Demonizer

check them out

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
chipk1
Aug 20 2006, 05:17 PM
For practice and computer recording try the Zoom G2 Pedal. It has all the effects you could want and more. It allow you to create custom sounds using many effects and amp modeling. I've had mine about 6 months now andam very happy with it. You can get one for around $150.

Here is a link to the product spec page.

http://www.zoom.co.jp/english/products/g2/index.php

+Quote Post
Disobedience
Aug 26 2006, 06:26 PM
If your amp doesn't have good built in tone then I'd suggest a distortion pedal like the Boss MT-2. But if you like the tone from your amp but it's just not distorted enough then I'd get an Overdrive pedal.

What style of music are you playing? That would help determine what kind of pedal you should go with.

--------------------
Check out this band: Disobedience Official Site.

+Quote Post
psychoguitarist_...
Aug 30 2006, 01:51 PM
From: Bangalore, Karnataka, India, Asia (in case u don't know where India is)
I play heavy metal (Metallica Style) and rhythm ( guitar solos).

+Quote Post
Disobedience
Aug 31 2006, 04:23 PM
If your going for that scooped mids sound that Metallica uses then my suggestion is to try out a Boss MT-2 Metal Zone.

Excellent pedal for that style of music.

--------------------
Check out this band: Disobedience Official Site.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 05:55 AM