I Need Help, about Pull-off
Marco Fattori
Sep 11 2009, 10:06 PM
GMC:er
I have some questions\doubts about Pull-offs:
-Is there any way to make the "not picked" note sound louder?
-Should I keep pressed on the string all the notes I want to play or should I press the fret only after releasing the precedent note?
-If I have to do two pull-offs on different strings and I use a mini-barre the "not picked" notes don't sound, is there a way to make them sound?
P.S.
Sorry for bad English, I hope you'll understand what I mean

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Marco Fattori: Sep 11 2009, 10:06 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Sep 11 2009, 10:30 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Marco Fattori @ Sep 11 2009, 05:06 PM) *

Only way I no of is to hammer or pull off harder. Try and get them to be the same volume is your goal.

-Should I keep pressed on the string all the notes I want to play or should I press the fret only after releasing the precedent note?

Whatever string I am playing on I like to have my fingers ready and on the notes for the most part. There are exceptions but to start with this would be a good rule.

-If I have to do two pull-offs on different strings and I use a mini-barre the "not picked" notes don't sound, is there a way to make them sound?
P.S.

I'm not sure what you are asking here, but like I said above I don't bar when I am doing hammer on and pull offs. Do your lick on the one string and then move to the other. You will be able to mute unwanted notes better and things will sound very clean and tight.

Hope that helps some smile.gif

EDIT: Scroll down if you need to but watch Emirs video. I know its about tapping technique but he touches on how to hammer and pull off correct.
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=30293

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by UncleSkillet: Sep 11 2009, 10:46 PM

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
Matt23
Sep 11 2009, 10:40 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
What you might be doing is just lifting up your finger to pull off. You need to pull it off the fret towards the floor to sort of pluck the string with the finger.

+Quote Post
Conrad Harpham
Sep 11 2009, 11:32 PM
QUOTE (Matt23 @ Sep 11 2009, 10:40 PM) *
What you might be doing is just lifting up your finger to pull off. You need to pull it off the fret towards the floor to sort of pluck the string with the finger.

Exactly matt23 - its a case of pulling the string down, aswell as up!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 12 2009, 12:12 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Marco Fattori @ Sep 11 2009, 11:06 PM) *
P.S.

- I think you shoudl worry about precision, and don't pay too much attention on pulloffs not sounding loud when practicing on slow tempos. When you
go up the speed, it will all come out nicely IF you practice with precision in mind from the first place.
- It's all good, there are lots of situations, but yes mostly you can. I usually keep the index finger already in place while pulling off, cause if you don't do it,
and practice without it, you risk not to get a pulled off note (in this case the index finger). So on hi speeds it's a too little time interval to notice it, but in general
you should always keep the finger on both notes that are doing the pulloff. In some cases, (like 3nps patterns), you can keep all the tree fingers there, so do as you wish,
as long as you get it right.
- this is probably because your barreing is not too strong, so you cannot define the notes that should ring after the pulloff. Try to focus more on barreing, and it should be fine.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
kahall
Sep 12 2009, 02:55 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Marco Fattori @ Sep 11 2009, 04:06 PM) *
P.S.

The old standard answer to this unfortunately is practice. I had the same problem with this and one day it just happened. I could just do it. Not on the low e string to well yet but all others are not a problem. Maybe try not using the "mini-barre" and just move your hand if you can.

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
Marco Fattori
Sep 12 2009, 08:42 AM
Thank you very much guys happy.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 12 2009, 03:01 PM
Instructor
Anytime friend, glad to help.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:06 PM