A Huge Pile Of Questions (cleanliness And Arpeggios), Is that clean enough? How to improve it?And couple other questions:)
Jakub Luptovec
Feb 8 2009, 03:39 PM
Learning Tone Guru
So a month ago I started practicing two handed tapping and I came up with a small lick/riff I plan to use in a song. I guess its in C Lydian, but to me it appears it modulates somehow, altough I dont know how..

I have GP tab and a recording of fast and slow version and I would like you to tell me how do you like it, if its clean enough (I know it isnt:P) / some tips for cleanliness in two handed tapping, help me find out what those arpeggios are and eventualy give me advice how to create something from it. I have a lots of (in my opinion not so bad:P) ideas but I just cant seem to do anything with them:(

It consists of three arpeggios:

1. C - D- F# - G - A - D - A

2. B - D- F# - G - A - D - A - the root is half step down, so this one is B augumented?

3. A# - D - F - G - A - D- F

I figured out that the first and third are based on lydian mode and the progression is 1st, Maj 2nd, Aug 4th, 5th, Maj 6th, Maj 9th and Maj 13th (and then back). But I have no idea, what is their name (it doesnt have a 3rd, so it would have to be sus2?) and why those three sound good together.. theorethicaly, they shouldn't..

And what do you think of it as a chorus for a instrumental or a peak of a solo (something like in Sea of Lies by Symphony X)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Jakub Luptovec: Feb 8 2009, 03:40 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  5.gp5 ( 2.92K ) Number of downloads: 131
Attached File  Two_handed_tap.mp3 ( 286.48K ) Number of downloads: 237

--------------------
my youtube account with riffs and ideas: https://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenygzus
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Iluha
Feb 8 2009, 04:56 PM
GMC:er
Sounds nice.. but still far from being clean, so work hard on it!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Feb 8 2009, 05:50 PM
Instructor
Those are not typical arpeggios Jakub, more like guitarish patterns.
Anyhow, it's like D Mixolydian for first 2 chords (D7, Bm7/addmin6
and then you dive into key of Dm for the last one which is Bbmaj7add6.
Also try with less dry and watch out for muting,
there are few other ways to play same notes, maybe even easier ways tho,
look around the fretboard. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Ramiro Delforte
Feb 8 2009, 06:55 PM
Instructor
Nice progression man! I liked a lot smile.gif

You have to adjust your sound so you won't have too much gain that always is bad when you have to make this kind of tapped arpeggios. You could add more boost, the kind of thing that does the Tubescreemer, in order to get some sound like the one Michael Romeo have.

I re-wrote the part that you posted. I think the way I wrote it is better to play it confortable.
Also when you write this things be sure to tab where are the tapped notes and put legato where it goes smile.gif

Here I leave you a recent video with some advices of Romeo itself biggrin.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Tapping_fixed.gp5 ( 2.98K ) Number of downloads: 113

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile and Board

LIVE VIDEO CHATS EVERY MONDAY AROUND 22PM (GMC HOUR)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 12:54 PM