14 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 >  
The Day And Night Video Collab, Instructor/students Video Collaboration
Timmez
Dec 18 2013, 03:15 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Is this collab over now?

If there are some open collabs to improvise over i also wants to join in.

I want to also participate because its good for musical feeling and a nice thing to create you're own track.

thanx already

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Huargo
Dec 18 2013, 03:16 PM
Tone Seeker
QUOTE (tflava @ Dec 18 2013, 03:15 PM) *
Is this collab over now?

I want to also participate because its good for musical feeling and a nice thing to create you're own track.

thanx already

it's closed...
whitte crhistmas and less is more are the actives ones...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by huargo: Dec 18 2013, 03:18 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 18 2013, 09:59 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (tflava @ Dec 18 2013, 03:15 PM) *
Is this collab over now?

thanx already

This collab is closed, but I'd like to invite you to join the Whitesnake Christmas Collab as well as Less Is More Competition.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 19 2013, 09:32 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Dec 18 2013, 08:59 PM) *
This collab is closed, but I'd like to invite you to join the Whitesnake Christmas Collab as well as Less Is More Competition.

Looks like these are very interesting, anyone else who might like to join?

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 20 2013, 08:17 AM
GMC:er
Any update? Almost forgot about this collab! Got a rough ETA?

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Dec 19 2013, 03:32 AM) *
Looks like these are very interesting, anyone else who might like to join?

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 20 2013, 08:22 AM
Instructor
We are working to make things perfect smile.gif We have takes in different video formats. Some of them needed special treatment. We're al.ost done smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 20 2013, 05:04 PM
Instructor
As usual, aside from the video itself, there will be comments and suggestions for every brave soul that dared to sail the high seas with us smile.gif Darius and Gabe are working hard on the video, as we all want to bring up the best possible result.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 20 2013, 11:00 PM
Looking forward to the final, I know this is a HUGE JOB to put all these together. So many takes, making them all work will be a bit of a miracle but I know you can pull it off.

QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Dec 20 2013, 02:22 AM) *
We are working to make things perfect smile.gif We have takes in different video formats. Some of them needed special treatment. We're al.ost done smile.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 21 2013, 12:52 PM
Instructor
Just a little more of patience and we're done. We'll publish it veeeeery soon smile.gif Thanx Todd! I hope You'll all like it smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 21 2013, 04:58 PM
Instructor
This is VERY close guys. and very awesome off course. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 23 2013, 02:42 PM
Instructor
Ladies and Gentlemen!! We have the honor of presenting the one and only.... Day and Night Video Collab Final Mix!!

First things first! CONGRATULATIONS to all of you for such wonderful takes! You are truly amazing and this video here is living proof of what we can do when we team up! It was an honor and a pleasure to work with Darius and Gabe on this one and big thanks to Bogdan for his assistance along the way, as well!

Below, you can find a set of comments that we complied, based on our observations on tones, phrasing and technique:

Gabriel on technique

Ok guys, I think that this is the tastiest collaboration ever. I’m amazed of how easy/nice to hear is this piece of music that we composed together. Thanks a lot to each of you for making this possible.

GregC1: Your take is technically perfect, but the thing that I find more attractive is the use of tremolo and dynamics making your take very expressive. Congrats on your playing.

DeGroot: Nice take man. I can notice some little timing issues in the beginning but there isn’t something bad, it makes your playing even more natural and expressive.

Monica: Your take is very cool. I like how you combine soft melodies with those aggressive bends, it give to your take a weird but enjoyable tension. Good job!

K1R: I like your take, and really enjoy the feeling on it. However you still could give even more soul to your playing, use stronger vibrato and bends to let us see your soul clearer.

Cael: Good job with your take man. Your technique is very precise and you used a good combination of techniques that makes your playing entertaining to see. In the future takes I would put more emphasis on the more melodic stuff and avoid the parts that sound more like exercises.

TonyK: Hey mate, that’s a very tasty take. The overall is technically right but I would pay attention to timing and dynamics. These are the two things that you could improve on this one.

Mertay: Your solo sounds very fresh for me and technically is seems to be top level. The only thing that you could give it is more aggression to the second section to give the overall more dynamics.

AkRich: What can I add from the great Rich. Your solo sounds very good and your technique is excellent as always.

The Fireball: Your solo is very positive and bright. That’s the feeling that I receive when I see you playing it. Technically is perfect and I would like to say that your vibrato technique is very warm and fits perfect with the backing.

Baha & Blister: We should give credit to Darius here because it’s awesome how good both takes fit together on this section. Baha with a perfect selection of notes played with slide while Blister plays more pattern style ideas that sounds very tight. Great job guys!

Huargo: Your solo sounds very natural and fresh for me. It has some little technique issues here and there but I like how dirty and real it sounds. It’s very personal.

Coffeeman: Hey rocker man! It’s really cool to see your progress from collab to collab. Your playing is very good on this one, both your picking and vibrato are very consistent. Good job!

WeePee & Bleez: Another fantastic job made by 3 persons, the guitarists and the mixing engineer (Darius). It’s awesome how good your takes fit together, there are some moments where you do counterpoint and in others you create very cool harmonization. Both of you have a strong vibrato and very precise bending. Well done guys!

Sensible Jones: Hi mate! Nice melodies! I like how you used your tremolo bar combined with some legatos. You solo is very tasty.

Wollace: You used many techniques in a very short solo however it sounds natural. I like the tapping with slide used in the middle of the solo, cool idea.

Doug: Wou mate! Your technique is very precise as always. You used very different techniques, and uncommon melodies in your solo and that makes it very personal. It’s a very clever and precise solo, good job!

Renan: Your solo sounds dirty and melodic, I like it. It’s simple but very fresh to my ear. Thanks for joining!

Pavelducati: Hey mate, congrats on your first collab!! I think that you recorded a nice take. It simple but effective and it’s very well played. Well done!!

Hungry for Heaven: And to end this fantastic collab we have the majesty of the great, the unique, Hungry for heaven!! I’m used to your killer technique thanks to our Vchat sessions so it’s not something new if I say that your technique is excellent and well as your composition. Thanks mate!

Darius on tone

1. Gregc - it's not a first time You deliver a smooth, tasty playing to our collabs. Just keep up the good work. I would really like to see your takes in REC. I'm sure You will please our ears as well smile.gif

2. Degroot - when I heard Your solo I knew it will perfectly fit Greg's take. You both choose similar direction and it made a very first part of the collab sounding like 2 brothers playing together smile.gif Can't wait to hear Your new recording with your new mic smile.gif

3. Monica - I know how much time and work took You to make this take. I know that all the notes fit perfectly not only to the track but also to the way Your musical heart feels. That's awesome. Once again You prove it's not the number of the notes that count, but the choice of them in the right place. Well done! smile.gif

4. K1R - awesome to have You in the collab! smile.gif I'm very pleased by Your choice of style. It adds a different type of flavor and it's a beautiful, important color in all this composition. I think you could work on your timing just a bit. You have great ideas. Sometimes it's worth to learn Your own impro and record it perfectly when You have such a nice phrasing smile.gif

5. Cael - I will repeat myself and I will do it probably much more times. You have awesome sense of melody and feel. You tell a story in Your playing. There are 2 things I think would help to improve Your level and I think Your are conscious of both. One is the tone. We're living in the era of mid-range focus guitar tones (especially for players who uses bridge pickup for soloing). It's ok to cut a lot of treble but You have a bit too much of "nose sounding" midrange that happens to be unpleasant at high listening volume. Sometimes it works great when You cut just a 2 dB's and increase guitar track volume to compensate. As for playing it's nothing like a huge mistake. It's just that You could be more conscious of the rhythm values You play while doing all those fast runs. You're at the level that You should understand importance of this more than ever smile.gif You know...the more You can, the more people demand smile.gif It's natural smile.gif

6. Tonyk - huge progress since we meet smile.gif Progress in playing and progress in tone smile.gif Keep up the good work. You're on the good path. We will work on Your technique some more and You'll see how much profits it will give smile.gif There are some tiny issues with timing, precision and...one note is a bit off the key but...it happens and I'm sure You know it smile.gif I'm very glad to have You in the collab again smile.gif

7. Mertay - I know it's a bit to short to "show the devil" but You solo fit's perfect with Todd's and it was very nice to have You here with us, in the collab smile.gif I like the balance of the tone - warm but You left some air in the treble end smile.gif

8. AK Rich - Great warm tone (even if a bit too much mid-range focused for my taste) it fits well the track. You showed us Your abilities to create fantastic melodies with a sensitive touch smile.gif Thanks for being part of this smile.gif

9. Fireball - Wow! Mate - it was so damn nice to see that ball not on fire when needed smile.gif You made us used to some heavy stuff but in this one You showed You're a versatile player:) Thanks for joining! smile.gif

10. Bahadirpeker - You choose to create some tasty "noise" smile.gif It fit's well to any solo of this collaboration. Very nice!

11. Blister - Fantastic to see You here! smile.gif I've seen You having some cool workouts with Todd. Seems like it helped a lot smile.gif I smell a bit of neoclassical flavor! Nice one smile.gif A bit of timing issues but not much and I think You should necessary join every next collab smile.gif I'm very interested of seeing Your next takes! Thanx a lot for being a part of it! smile.gif

12. Huargo - hell of an awesome tele You got there! smile.gif I like Your vocal-like melody built. Nice add to this whole piece! You've got a very good sense of melody and timing smile.gif Only thing I would suggest is to use less gain to prioritize the natural tone of that tele. It would be insanely great! smile.gif At the moment a hear a bit of mud going somewhere in background but You now...it doesn't mess all Your take - it's just a detail worth looking at smile.gif

13. Coffeeman - Very nice. Your tone workout goes in a good way. Similar as in Cael's case I would try to focus on being more conscious of rhythm values when playing faster. I will repeat one of my suggestion from the REC takes. Haven't You considered using humbucker pickups? The way You usually set up Your tone makes us feel like You are looking for a different type of tone than the regular SSS strat set offers. But..that's very subjective wink.gif

14. weePee - Man...I'm so glad You could made it with this collab. Very good tone and precision. Also very tasty, metal-based phrasing. You're one of the guys who increase the collab level smile.gif Thanx for being here with us and developing some really good playing!

15. Bleez - You have a gift of making incredible air in your solos. You're like a "dream of any sound engineer". No matter what I do with Your tone tweaking, You parts never disturb to anything that's going in the background. It's like You're playing a solo but If I like to listen to the snare, I can still hear it clearly. I think You underrate Your skills very often but believe me - You've got some good, classic punch in Your playing and You should keep it going! smile.gif Your solo made a perfect composition with WeePee's! smile.gif You both should definitely make an album together biggrin.gif

16. Sensible Jones - not only Your playing but also Your audio/video skills are going up to the higher level biggrin.gif I remember our first collab. I always knew You got some hidden powers. Very good, new color addition to this track. Thank You smile.gif

17. Wollace - much happening at just a few second but if used in the correct moment, it builds the song tension. Very coll add from Yours. You've got nice feel and tone but similar as Ben (Cael) I wound focus on being 100% sure of what is happening in the rhythm field. It's a kind of issues that makes You not able to write tabs when someone asks for it biggrin.gif And same as Ben...the more skills You have...there more we demand so don't feel bad about it - You're takes was great and it was awesome to see You joining this awesome thing! smile.gif

18. Doug Lane - Your tone reminds me a lot of Type o Nagative smile.gif It's very scooped and maybe even a bit too much but it works so there is not much claiming on it...just an idea of what You could check while doing next records. You've already had some nice skills when You've introduced to GMC smile.gif I can hear some huge potential in You. Just remember than at this level every single detail counts and to help You we (instructors) will demand much more for sure. But this is something normal. I think that personally being at Your level I would try to challenge less and less gain so You will have less noise and scratches in background - just a pure playing. About the influences I also felt some Scorpions - especially in the second half. There was some problems with final runs precision but I'm sure You are familiar with those wink.gif

19. Renan - I've missed Your takes in previous collabs because You are one of the bravest REC participants smile.gif I really hope You can bring us some video with next collab because all the GMC instructors are 100% sure of all the hard work you can bring here ) This time you went for a crazy tone. Cool "whiskey" add in the second half smile.gif

20. Pavelducati - is that Your very first collab take? If yes...than you should visit us more often! smile.gif Remember - you can always count on some support while preparing Your take smile.gif You're always welcome wink.gif

21. H4H - I was wondering who stole the fire from the ball...now I know biggrin.gif Awesome take an tasty finish for the collab! You brought 2 takes for day and for the night part but I had to choose the night cause it was a perfect and impressive finish. I hope you don't mind If I tell I'll kick your 3 letters starting from "A" if you will ever miss any single collab? smile.gif Great job! Hope to see more from you smile.gif

Cosmin on phrasing

1. Gregc - nice mellow mood with whammy bar phrasing smile.gif I think I mentioned the feeling I got: Laying on the grass and staring at the cloudus race above on a clear blue sky.

2. Degroot - I like the chordal ideas and the slight surf guitar feel - it's from that beautiful Tele, ain't it? biggrin.gif

3. Monica - After all the sunshine and happiness the two guys have brought before with their takes, Monica, you darkened the atmosphere a bit biggrin.gif Well, it's the Night track after all - I can see your signature bends in there!

4. K1R - glad to see you in the collab mate! I really like that arpeggio around minute 01:55 spot on! If you follow Darius' suggestion regarding the timing, your playing will improve a lot!

5. Cael - Tasty phrasing man! I always knew you had it in you, so please, more great playing! biggrin.gif I am sure that these tracks provided the right inspiration as well, correct?

6. Tonyk - Mate, I liked the note choice, but I definitely think that your vibrato should be stronger - it would boost the value of your playing a big, big lot, as you have nice music there! smile.gif

7. Mertay - You have that angry sort of buildup with the initial lick which I liked, ending up in the wailing bend! Pretty much a good recipe there man!

8. AK Rich - Mr Rich! DO I feel some Beck flavor in the first notes? Correct me if I am wrong, but anyway, I enjoyed it, so it's all good!

9. Fireball - Bran, you have that very straight Petruccian style - everything is pretty much exact and well placed wink.gif You are slowly but surely building a style for yourself. Good going man!

10. Bahadirpeker and Blister - Pink Floyd style sounds by Baha meeting formulaic phrasing by Gary - good combo mates, I think Darius mixed your takes into a very musical melange here. Gary, you should focus on dynamics more, in the future - adding some pauses, will make things very interesting!

11. Huargo - Honest and melodic playing here mate! I think that you should focus a bit on widening your vibrato - see minute 05.01 at the ending of your take - it would've brought more flow when transitioning into Coffeeman's take wink.gif

12. Coffeeman - The good ol' Satch style legato goes well with your take mate wink.gif

13. weePee & Bleez - Scando meets the Scottish Zakk Wylde! Result? Epic sounding harmonized long notes soloing! Have you guys talked to do this before Darius mixed it? biggrin.gif

14. Sensible Jones - Neil took to the Sunny side and added some melodic long notes to augment it - very nice!

15. Wollace - Nice tapped slides there man! And that colored guitar is one of a kind biggrin.gif 6 stringed candy!

16. Doug Lane - A more dramatic approach here - Doug, I liked the phrases and the flow and especially the note choice around 06:41!

17. Renan - Hey mate! Thanks for bringing your Tele on the collab! biggrin.gif Your take has potential, but you should definitely focus on your bending and on not being too static in the phrasing. Try more positions and building a melody that is memorable, not necessarily complicated, but one that people can remember and hum smile.gif

18. Pavelducati - My friend! For your first collab, you did a great job! Nice lines and playing here and it's a solid basis to go towards new horizons, in which you can try out more ideas and expand your phrasing. Dynamics should be your main focus now - implementing breaks and playing harder or softer.

20. H4H - Mr. H4H, you are one hell of a player! Great display of virtuosity here and some nice lines to go with it wink.gif Keep rocking!

Thanks again to everyone and see you on the next collab!!

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Dec 23 2013, 03:31 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
What an amazing work guys, everything is amazing! Congratulations to everyone, and thanks a lot to Gabe, Cosmin and Darius for creating this amazing collab.

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Dec 23 2013, 03:45 PM
Great playing everyone biggrin.gif This was very calming to listen to smile.gif Congratulations!

--------------------

Download my free guitar and Floyd Rose setup guide: http://www.samsguitars.tk/

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 23 2013, 03:52 PM
Instructor
It was great to see so many cool takes. Unfortunately we couldn't mix everything You brought the way You brought butthe purpose wa to create a song and Your great pieces made us able to create a solid musical composition smile.gif There would be no collab like this without You all! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Mertay
Dec 23 2013, 04:10 PM
You guys seriously exceeded any expectation to combine those solos and make something more out of them, fantastic job!!

...and if that wasn't enough, its so generous to take the time and write helpful comments! Thanks!! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 23 2013, 04:19 PM
Instructor
Thanx Mert! It's very nice to see You appreciate our work smile.gif Yes - that was the concept - making the song more than just putting all takes toghter the way they are smile.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 23 2013, 04:59 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Amazing playing everyone! smile.gif

I'm currently having this video on REPEAT mode smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
gregc1
Dec 23 2013, 05:03 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Wow, amazing final product!

I thought everybody's takes were great and everything fit together so nicely. Thank you instructors for the comments and all the hard work putting this together. Really looking forward to the next.

Darius, loved the acoustic/classical intro. Really beautiful wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
HungryForHeaven
Dec 23 2013, 05:10 PM
Learning Tone Master
Guys.. this is beyond words. It's beyond anything.

And I just thought that the Whitesnake one will be the highest quality collab ever. Well, it's not gonna be a walk in the park for Ben. biggrin.gif

Thanks not least for your overwhelming comments, but of course also for your hard work with backing tracks and stitching everything together into one piece. The acoustic intro is brilliant, too!

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Dec 23 2013, 02:42 PM) *
I hope you don't mind If I tell I'll kick your 3 letters starting from "A" if you will ever miss any single collab?

No it's ok, I'm pretty confident with my ABC. ph34r.gif

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Dec 23 2013, 05:29 PM
ohmy.gif
Holy Moly!!
This collab is what the word 'EPIC' was invented for!!!
Congrats to everyone who played and especially Darius, Gab and Cosmin for taking the time to put it all together and the great comments too!!
I look forward to the next one!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 12:47 AM