Problems With Drums
Tolek
Jul 21 2008, 09:21 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey folks,
I´m currently working on a song called "End of Summertime". Everything works well... everything but the drums. I am totally unexperienced with it. I am not able to create good drums. sad.gif I´ve researched a bit but I found nothing that could help me. I´ll show you what I´ve done till now: *see attachement*. The verse isn´t very rich in drums and I´d like to change that. The chorus which begins after a long break does not contain any drums at all.

Do you know a good source I could learn from? Or is there a teacher that could make a lesson on drums in GP? wink.gif

Cheers,
Tolek

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  End_of_Summertime.mid ( 4.01K ) Number of downloads: 131

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 21 2008, 10:43 PM
Learning Rock Star
Though not being an instructor, I could easily create a toturial for that - might take a some time to get it properly sorted though and all - what to include and all, though I would pretty much know my way around GP in my sleep.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Tolek
Jul 22 2008, 11:06 AM
Learning Rock Star
This would be great, man. wink.gif If you are open to help me right now, I´ll add you in MSN, ok?

Edit: Can´t find your adress. O_ô Here is mine: [removed because of bot danger]

This post has been edited by Tolek: Jul 24 2008, 06:31 PM

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Jul 22 2008, 01:35 PM
Instructor
mmm I remember that I said that I'll record a programing drums lesson unsure.gif hehe, I'll do !!!! but now I haven't time enough, sorry !

drum programing is not difficult, you can take a look at you favourite GP files, and maybe copy some of the patterns ad do your own variations wink.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jul 22 2008, 01:57 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
EZdrummer vst has a big bank of grooves to choose from..Also Addictive Drums..Thank you can modify them...
Cool song mate, reminds me a little of Englishman in New York wink.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 22 2008, 02:27 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Tolek @ Jul 22 2008, 12:06 PM) *
This would be great, man. wink.gif If you are open to help me right now, I´ll add you in MSN, ok?

Edit: Can´t find your adress. O_ô Here is mine: [email protected]

Sure, man! I just added you. I'll be glad to help whenever you need it! smile.gif

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Tolek
Jul 22 2008, 04:05 PM
Learning Rock Star
mmm I remember that I said that I'll record a programing drums lesson unsure.gif hehe, I'll do !!!! but now I haven't time enough, sorry !

Good work takes a lot of time. biggrin.gif

EZdrummer vst has a big bank of grooves to choose from..Also Addictive Drums..Thank you can modify them...
Cool song mate, reminds me a little of Englishman in New York

Thanks. wink.gif Soon, it will be better. At the moment, I´ve got some measures and I´m beginning the prechorus.

Sure, man! I just added you. I'll be glad to help whenever you need it!

Thanks. I´ll be online in a few minutes. I just returned from outdoors. I was cycling a bit. biggrin.gif See you soon.

+Quote Post
Paul Coutts
Jul 22 2008, 11:06 PM
GMC:er
Nice song!
What I do with drums is exactly what was recommended further up, and a lot of my friends do it too. Just start by nicking some things from Guitar Pro. Eventually, you'll just build a feel for it. You know what? It does sound like Englishman in New York. I reckon you should just download the tabs to that, check out the drums, and steal some bits and pieces smile.gif
Good Luck!
Cheers

--------------------
Gear - Ibanez RG350EX, Ibanez RG220DX, ESP LTD MH250, Line 6 PODx3, Laney TF100, Ibanez SM7, Ibanez RG ?

+Quote Post
superize
Jul 23 2008, 10:11 AM
Ultimate Tone Guru
I am also having problem with making drumlines for my music...... I just cant make them sound interesting throughout the entire song

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Tolek
Jul 24 2008, 06:31 PM
Learning Rock Star
I am also having problem with making drumlines for my music...... I just cant make them sound interesting throughout the entire song

Just wait for a lesson on that subject. smile.gif Or try some things in GP, some will sound good surely. I tried it and some are interesting.

Nice song!
What I do with drums is exactly what was recommended further up, and a lot of my friends do it too. Just start by nicking some things from Guitar Pro. Eventually, you'll just build a feel for it. You know what? It does sound like Englishman in New York. I reckon you should just download the tabs to that, check out the drums, and steal some bits and pieces smile.gif
Good Luck!
Cheers

I did not know the name of the song. I like it. biggrin.gif Just the reggae-like chords remind of my song. tongue.gif

Thanks, guys!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:39 PM