What's Your "desert Island" Effects Pedal?
SixStringSamurai
Mar 11 2014, 06:36 PM
GMC:er
Inspired by Todd's "favourite overdrive pedal" thread...

Assuming that you already have an amp with a great dirty channel, so you don't necessarily need a main overdrive/distortion (though feel free to nominate one if it really is your desert island pedal).

I think I'd choose a wah pedal. There's so much more to it than just Kirk Hammett bad behaviour - you can use it stopped as a filter, or you can slowly sweep through to create interesting effects... to me it's just a really expressive pedal that I'd like to have on hand.

What about you lot?

(and don't nobody say "HD500" or "G System" tongue.gif if you own one of those, choose an EFFECT, haha)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
http://www.six-string-samurai.com - Gear reviews for the terminally GAS-afflicted.

Thank you to John at GMC for inviting me to hang out and talk gear with you guys!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 11 2014, 06:43 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Very cool thread! smile.gif

If I look at my bass pedalboard top usage list, it would look like this :

1. Tuner
2. Envelope Filter
3. Overdrive
4. Wah

Now the question of desert island is more complex as I would also like not to die out of boredom.
That being said, if I was to bring one effects pedal to a desert island - I would go for the "looper" pedal smile.gif
That way I can jam with myself and create endless stuff to keep me entertained.

If I was to gig there, I would probably go with the tuner pedal closely followed by envelope filter.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
SixStringSamurai
Mar 11 2014, 06:46 PM
Looper is a supremely wise choice!

Sadly, even though my Flashback X4 technically has a looper function... I'm far too clumsy to ever use it to proper effect.

Though I guess I would have plenty of time on the island to practice, hahah.

--------------------
http://www.six-string-samurai.com - Gear reviews for the terminally GAS-afflicted.

Thank you to John at GMC for inviting me to hang out and talk gear with you guys!

+Quote Post
klasaine
Mar 11 2014, 06:52 PM
Delay ... because if I'm on a desert island I can turn my amp all the way up biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 12 2014, 10:51 AM
Fine thread smile.gif The LOOPER is a very wise choice indeed!! With no band mates (unless they got packed) looping will get really importan really quick!!

Hmm. Can we bring a laptop to the island? Then do we get to choose our favorite PLUGIN?

QUOTE (SixStringSamurai @ Mar 11 2014, 01:46 PM) *
Looper is a supremely wise choice!

Sadly, even though my Flashback X4 technically has a looper function... I'm far too clumsy to ever use it to proper effect.

Though I guess I would have plenty of time on the island to practice, hahah.

+Quote Post
SixStringSamurai
Mar 12 2014, 11:09 AM
Haha well if you could bring a laptop it would kinda be cheating a little - you'd have everything you could ever need!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Mar 12 2014, 11:40 AM
Instructor
Wah wah and delay

I suppose I would not need a reference tuning to match any instrument If I would be alone on the desert island biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Mar 12 2014, 11:47 AM
A looper, but could one also bring a microphone?

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 12 2014, 02:47 PM
Instructor
mmm difficult! I would also choose a looper to feel less alone. hahaha however a wah wah and a delay would be my choices is looper isn't possible.

but... what about some of these hidden in the clothes.. rolleyes.gif

Attached Image

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
klasaine
Mar 12 2014, 03:08 PM
Addendum:

If I'm on a desert island, there's no electricity so ... an acoustic guitar.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 12 2014, 03:32 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (klasaine @ Mar 12 2014, 11:08 AM) *
Addendum:

If I'm on a desert island, there's no electricity so ... an acoustic guitar.

Clever choice! laugh.gif

In my case, I will take my electric guitar, the amp, the looper and a solar battery. biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Mar 13 2014, 06:53 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Bearfoot FX Sparkling Yellow Overdrive.
That would be my choice, because it's awesome :-)

I might shed a tear over not having a desert island delay pedal,
but this OD is so good I think I'd actually survive on that island, hehe..

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:44 PM