Heavey Guitar Tone?
Todd Simpson
Aug 8 2015, 06:54 PM
GMC:er
I"m testing out some new guitar tones and here is the latest rev. It's guitar and drums only, no bass guitar. Tracks always a bit thicker with bass tracking an octave lower but disguise what's lacking in the guitar so I left it out. I tried all my hardware and software. This is what sounded good to me.

Can you guess if the guitar is hardware or software?
https://soundcloud.com/techniqueswithtodd/d-flat-backing-jam-track

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Aug 8 2015, 07:20 PM
Learning Tone Master
my guess is tube amp, I don't know if I have ever heard modeling make harmonics that rich

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Aug 8 2015, 07:32 PM
Learning Roadie
very hard to tell... but i'll bet on software.... maybe with some hard, like i do

Laurent

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 8 2015, 07:41 PM
GMC:er
WELL SAID!! I too have not often heard plugins able to capture the harmonics and squeals in the way a high gain amp can. However, in this case, after trying all of my hardware and software, I came back to OVERLOUD TH2 and the RANDALL T2 amp emulation. It really does sound like the real Randall T2 which is a Hyper Gain type of amp.

No other plugin I tried was able to get this same type of tone. I keep trying new gear, and keep going back to TH2. For home recording, it's just awesome.

LAURENT: in this case it's just software. Going straight in via usb without a pedal in front to boost or anything. Just the plugin. With other plugins, I need a tube screamer for boost, but with TH2, you really can just use the software. The gain is just amazing.

Here is the preset! It's two presets set just slightly different.

Attached File  SuperGainTodd.xml.zip ( 2.9K ) Number of downloads: 48

Attached Image

QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Aug 8 2015, 02:20 PM) *
my guess is tube amp, I don't know if I have ever heard modeling make harmonics that rich

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Aug 8 2015, 07:42 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 10:38 AM