Goals For This Week...
Gabriel Leopardi
May 13 2013, 03:15 PM
Instructor
Hey guys! Good morning! (At least in this part of the world).

I started this thread to invite everybody to share his mini goals, plans or projects for this week. smile.gif

My plans and goals for this week are:

-Working on new GMC lessons
-Helping Cirse's producer to select and edit drum tracks for the new album
-1 rehearsal with Cirse
-Gig with Cirse
-Jam at Vchat with many GMCers
-Reactivating my personal site 'cause it's down.
-Going to the dentist

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bleez
May 14 2013, 12:31 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 13 2013, 03:15 PM) *
I started this thread to invite everybody to share his mini goals, plans or projects for this week. smile.gif

dude, your week looks quite a bit more interesting than mine, apart from the dentist.... dont fancy that trip wink.gif

I started learning a few rush songs at the weekend and have got kind of obsessed with them so I think practising those will be the main focus of this week. I'll still be doing my other lessons & technique practise but I think the next few days will be a bit of a Rush marathon biggrin.gif
its all part of my goal to learn a bunch of classic rock solos.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
dcz702
May 14 2013, 12:59 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
go through some theory posts and get them into my chops. im on triads, melodic minor scale, and trying to understand how to use and play sus chords along with the triads and scales.
im also on muse lesson, power metal lesson, and foo fighters lesson,
id like to say im not sure how this happened but in the time ive joined GMC i am now able to sight read and play these lessons a bit slowed down, i use guitar pro and i sight read them at about 75% tempo, pretty good,and its taking me only a few times through the sheet music to have 3 of the lessons memorized, cool.gif
thats something ive never been able to do untill recently biggrin.gif
how do you get your tunes into memory?

This post has been edited by dcz702: May 14 2013, 01:03 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 14 2013, 05:16 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ May 13 2013, 08:31 PM) *
dude, your week looks quite a bit more interesting than mine, apart from the dentist.... dont fancy that trip wink.gif

I started learning a few rush songs at the weekend and have got kind of obsessed with them so I think practising those will be the main focus of this week. I'll still be doing my other lessons & technique practise but I think the next few days will be a bit of a Rush marathon biggrin.gif
its all part of my goal to learn a bunch of classic rock solos.

Rush Marathon sounds like a cool plan! It's really cool when we have periods in which we dedicate to analyze deeply one band or artist. This really sums up to our evolution as musicians and develop our style.

QUOTE (dcz702 @ May 13 2013, 08:59 PM) *
go through some theory posts and get them into my chops. im on triads, melodic minor scale, and trying to understand how to use and play sus chords along with the triads and scales.
im also on muse lesson, power metal lesson, and foo fighters lesson,
id like to say im not sure how this happened but in the time ive joined GMC i am now able to sight read and play these lessons a bit slowed down, i use guitar pro and i sight read them at about 75% tempo, pretty good,and its taking me only a few times through the sheet music to have 3 of the lessons memorized, cool.gif
thats something ive never been able to do untill recently biggrin.gif
how do you get your tunes into memory?

That's a lot of job! It's great to see you motivated and working hard! Regarding your question, I basically play them many times until I can remember them well. I start with sections, and them combine everything.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
dcz702
May 14 2013, 08:50 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 14 2013, 04:16 AM) *
Rush Marathon sounds like a cool plan! It's really cool when we have periods in which we dedicate to analyze deeply one band or artist. This really sums up to our evolution as musicians and develop our style.

That's a lot of job! It's great to see you motivated and working hard! Regarding your question, I basically play them many times until I can remember them well. I start with sections, and them combine everything.

yea thats what i do pretty much, some sections are harder to get down i just loop it over and over till i can play it without lookin

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 14 2013, 11:46 AM
Instructor
My musical activities would be:

- practicing Pantera's 'I'm broken' - I am auditioning for the guitarist post in the tribute band smile.gif My mate can't join them for the European tour in Autumn so I decided I want to try it too.
- doing some research on melodic licks for Friday's v-chat session
- research again on a nice lesson topic for this month's GMC lesson - I am quite excited about this one, as it's a favorite artist wink.gif
- rehearsing with Days of Confusion and gigging on Thursday evening
- playing acoustic guitar and vocals

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 14 2013, 02:05 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (dcz702 @ May 14 2013, 04:50 AM) *
yea thats what i do pretty much, some sections are harder to get down i just loop it over and over till i can play it without lookin

Exactly! That's the way to go for me too. wink.gif

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 14 2013, 07:46 AM) *
My musical activities would be:

- practicing Pantera's 'I'm broken' - I am auditioning for the guitarist post in the tribute band smile.gif My mate can't join them for the European tour in Autumn so I decided I want to try it too.
- doing some research on melodic licks for Friday's v-chat session
- research again on a nice lesson topic for this month's GMC lesson - I am quite excited about this one, as it's a favorite artist wink.gif
- rehearsing with Days of Confusion and gigging on Thursday evening
- playing acoustic guitar and vocals

That sounds like an amazing week! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
May 14 2013, 10:56 PM
GMC:er
-Studying Math
-Studying Math
-Studying Math
-Studying Math
-Studying Math
-Studying Math
-Studying Math
-Studying Math
-Studying Math
-Passing the final biggrin.gif

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 15 2013, 04:30 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ May 14 2013, 06:56 PM) *
-Studying Math
-Studying Math
-Studying Math
-Studying Math
-Studying Math
-Studying Math
-Studying Math
-Studying Math
-Studying Math
-Passing the final biggrin.gif

All the best with this exam mate!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:30 PM