When Rendering To Wav...
The Uncreator
May 10 2010, 01:16 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
...Reaper always renders my songs with a length of 4:30:31 exactly. (As in 4 hours, 30 minutes, 31 seconds). I have tried renaming file and project titles to trick it, But it keeps persisting at putting each song at this exact length. And when the song actually ends (Around 7-15 minutes in) it will keep going in silence for over 4 hours.

Never had this happen until I updated my version of Reaper this morning, anyway know how/ why this is happening and what to do to fix it?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
May 10 2010, 01:19 AM
Learning Rock Star
Well, you could write 4:30:31 long songs and it won't be a problem.
j.k.
This is odd. Have you checked the Reaper forums to see if others are having an issue?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
May 10 2010, 01:38 AM
Yeah I am actually posting there now.

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
May 10 2010, 09:28 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Just checked on my copy of v 3.51 and it rendered the wave ok Brett on the 32bit version (not had time to try 64 bit).
First thing I'd suggest you check is the project settings (File>Project Settings) and also that you haven't set some odd end marker on the track lane, in particular that you haven't put an end marker before the start.

If that doesn't work it may be worth trying a safe start on Reaper. For XP go to

Start>All Programs>Reaper>Reaper(create new project) - this will set the project up as a blank default just in case your previous project is causing Reaper to glitch.

See if that helps, if it doesn't then try another safe start but instead of >(create new project) use - though you may want to note down your setup config first - >(reset configuration to factory...).

Failing that then it may be best to reinstall.

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
May 10 2010, 04:57 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
See with timeline markers for "Star" and "end" one if they are set properly according to the track length. If they are not set at all, try setting them and in export/render settings choosing to do the marked only part...I don't have access to Reaper right now but I'm sure there are options I mentioned in it..

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
jafomatic
May 10 2010, 05:22 PM
GMC:er
Dude, I thought your 6m30s - 7m30s songs were already too long! What size files are those 4 hour songs in wav format?

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
May 10 2010, 05:26 PM
Actually 7:30 is the average length for a song for me, My newest one which I will upload soon is just over 12:00 smile.gif

But anyway, I checked the program for weird end makers and all that, or some weird click track way out there. Couldn't find any.

I did the safe start on Reaper and this seems to have done the trick, So far 2 files have come out with the proper length, Thanks Tony and everyone for the help!

PS

The file sizes were huge, the 4:30:31 came out as 40GB, Though I don't think it actually was that big, it was just reading that way

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
May 10 2010, 06:22 PM
NP Brett - good to know you've got it sorted smile.gif

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 11 2010, 10:59 AM
Instructor
40gigs per song! Now that's what I call a creative composing laugh.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
May 11 2010, 07:25 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ May 10 2010, 06:26 PM) *
Actually 7:30 is the average length for a song for me, My newest one which I will upload soon is just over 12:00 smile.gif

But anyway, I checked the program for weird end makers and all that, or some weird click track way out there. Couldn't find any.

I did the safe start on Reaper and this seems to have done the trick, So far 2 files have come out with the proper length, Thanks Tony and everyone for the help!

PS

The file sizes were huge, the 4:30:31 came out as 40GB, Though I don't think it actually was that big, it was just reading that way

Imagine submitting those 4 hours sounds to Itunes for pay per download laugh.gif

Glad you solved the problem! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
May 11 2010, 07:39 PM
Its back again!

I got about 4 songs rendered in a row before this happened, whats wrong with this picture laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
May 11 2010, 07:47 PM
Maybe the shadow you cast was on Antares rather than Sol - hence the huge file size wink.gif .

More seriously though the only thing I can suggest it the safe start routine again - guess it's a bug in the new version of Reaper that will get fixed sometime soon.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
May 11 2010, 07:52 PM
QUOTE (tonymiro @ May 11 2010, 11:47 AM) *
Maybe the shadow you cast was on Antares rather than Sol - hence the huge file size wink.gif .

More seriously though the only thing I can suggest it the safe start routine again - guess it's a bug in the new version of Reaper that will get fixed sometime soon.

Haha, I guess I should be more specific in which sun then laugh.gif

I'm doing the safe start now, Then I'm going to change my project locations and so when they come up missing on the next project load-up, I can specify a new file location. This little trick worked before, so maybe I'll get lucky again.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:00 PM