Sonar 7 And Asio Problems
ItsMe
Jun 19 2008, 01:47 AM
GMC:er
Got myself Sonar 7. That program is great but it doesn't load the Asio driver for my audio interface. Can anybody help me with modifications of the AUD.ini file. I already wrote some parameters for my driver into the ini but Sonar doesn't care. Stupid program sad.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Jun 19 2008, 10:44 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
I wouldn't start changing the AUD.ini code.

Have a look on the Sonar forum here and see if anyone else has had a similar issue.

Also - try the WDM driver (if your interface has it) rather than the asio - Sonar, as I recall, seems to like WDM more.

It would help to have info on your interface as well - make and model, and also what version of 7 you're using and also your pc/mac OS.

Cheers,
Tony

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Jun 19 2008, 11:03 AM
Instructor
you have to try MME 32bit drivr . i posted a JPG

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
ItsMe
Jun 19 2008, 02:05 PM
Hi I tried the other drivers WDM and MME and I also found a solution. I use a Lexicon OMega. After tweaking the AUD it really started working in Asio mode. Only problem: I can't record 24 bits and I'd really like to to that because of all the 24 bit samples I use for producing more dance and electro oriented stuff. The other programs I used until now all suported 24 bit with my hardware. So I don't know how to solve that because it doesn't make a difference if I use WDM MME or Asio

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Jun 19 2008, 09:37 PM
Instructor
just i want to ask if your sonar 7 in 32 bit or 64 bit if its 64 bit i think you need windows XP enable 64 bit

+Quote Post
ItsMe
Jun 20 2008, 04:08 PM
I installed the 32 bit version. You can still run the internal Bus on 64bit. It does use a multiplicator then. But I'd really like to record in 24 bit. You just get a much cleaner sound while mixing plus I have this huge 24 bit sample libraries.
What I do now is resample them in Samplitude and import them into Sonar.

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Jun 20 2008, 09:55 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Not sure if this is the answer ItsMe but have a look at this.

And more specifically for the Lexicon this.

Hope these help.

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
ItsMe
Jun 30 2008, 08:23 PM
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Jun 20 2008, 09:55 PM) *
Not sure if this is the answer ItsMe but have a look at this.

And more specifically for the Lexicon this.

Hope these help.

Cheers,
Tony

Had all this checked before. Thanks though.
Looks like my onboard card is just really bad and the drivers block the 24 bit mode somehow

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:38 PM