My Mojo Oro Take
Tolek
Dec 20 2008, 09:21 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hey guys,
I uploaded my Mojo Oro take this night. My mum recorded me like 2 weeks ago, 3 days after I resubscribed to GMC. smile.gif

I know it needs some working. I worked on my timing during the last days/weeks and now it´s a bit better. Other criticisms?

Cheers,
Tolek

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 14)
kjutte
Dec 20 2008, 09:22 AM
GMC:er
Hi tolek!

Well, it looks great - but unfortunately the sound is so unclear that I don't know if you're playing clean or not. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 20 2008, 12:52 PM
Instructor
I think it sounds great mate, there are some weak notes here and there, but it's understandable with the amount of notes involved. Also it is not the cleanest version of audio, so possibly try to record directly into computer maybe, I think you will get a better result mate. Other than that I think it's great, keep rocking mate smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Tolek
Dec 20 2008, 12:56 PM
Learning Rock Star
Thanks for your comment, Ivan. smile.gif I currently can´t record via computer. I have to wait until the 24th when I get my POD Farm. smile.gif

+Quote Post
skennington
Dec 20 2008, 02:29 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
I thought you did a good job from what I could hear. The 2nd take seemed a bit tighter too. smile.gif Liked that auto zoom as well!

+Quote Post
wrk
Dec 20 2008, 02:35 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Tolek, that is impressive ... well done, really well done !!

I am nearly impatiently waiting as you that you get your christmas present .... laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Dec 20 2008, 02:44 PM
Instructor
There is some struggling with signatures switching
and you're ahead of notes few times.
Try to let backing track volume a bit louder
and guitar less loud so you could track it easily when practicing.
Good effort so far,keep working! smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Tolek
Dec 20 2008, 03:08 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (skennington @ Dec 20 2008, 02:29 PM) *
I thought you did a good job from what I could hear. The 2nd take seemed a bit tighter too. smile.gif Liked that auto zoom as well!

You made me laugh here! laugh.gif That auto zoom is my mother. laugh.gif
Thanks anyway! smile.gif

QUOTE (wrk @ Dec 20 2008, 02:35 PM) *
Tolek, that is impressive ... well done, really well done !!

I am nearly impatiently waiting as you that you get your christmas present .... laugh.gif

Haha. laugh.gif That´s very nice. smile.gif I hope we can have an online jam one day. smile.gif

QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Dec 20 2008, 02:44 PM) *
There is some struggling with signatures switching
and you're ahead of notes few times.
Try to let backing track volume a bit louder
and guitar less loud so you could track it easily when practicing.
Good effort so far,keep working! smile.gif

Thanks a lot for your critique, Muris. I think I should practise slowly with a metronome and always with the beat in the head, right?
Next time, I´ll use my new POD Studio. cool.gif

Thanks a lot, guys! Nice to hear criticism. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 20 2008, 03:19 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Very good take I liked the second one better...This is a challenging piece and you did it pretty well...Hope to hear an improved version (following Muris's advices) when you get your new recording gear!! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Tolek
Dec 20 2008, 03:45 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Dec 20 2008, 03:19 PM) *
Very good take I liked the second one better...This is a challenging piece and you did it pretty well...Hope to hear an improved version (following Muris's advices) when you get your new recording gear!! smile.gif

Hvala, Bogdan. smile.gif A better take is coming for sure. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Dejan Farkas
Dec 21 2008, 12:19 AM
Instructor
I like the second take better as well, there are some errors but it is understandable since it is not so easy to play, well done smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tolek
Dec 21 2008, 12:36 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Dejan Farkas @ Dec 21 2008, 12:19 AM) *
I like the second take better as well, there are some errors but it is understandable since it is not so easy to play, well done smile.gif

I like the second one more, too. biggrin.gif In a few weeks, I´ll play that song again and this time better. cool.gif
Thanks, Dejan.

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Dec 23 2008, 03:26 AM
GMC:er
This was a very nice attempt. Clearly its not perfect but your most certainly on the road to perfection biggrin.gif

Looking forward to more takes cool.gif

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Dec 23 2008, 07:07 AM
Instructor
Tolek take sounds good man !

I know you are getting that Christmas LINE 6 thing soon so I hope that will enable you to record audio in computer directly smile.gif It will definitely be easier for ear to split the backing track vs soloing and quality will be a lot better!
Playing wise good job man keep up the good work !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tolek
Dec 23 2008, 11:26 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Dec 23 2008, 03:26 AM) *
This was a very nice attempt. Clearly its not perfect but your most certainly on the road to perfection biggrin.gif

Looking forward to more takes cool.gif

Thanks, that´s very nice. smile.gif

QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Dec 23 2008, 07:07 AM) *
Tolek take sounds good man !

I know you are getting that Christmas LINE 6 thing soon so I hope that will enable you to record audio in computer directly smile.gif It will definitely be easier for ear to split the backing track vs soloing and quality will be a lot better!
Playing wise good job man keep up the good work !

Correct, man. cool.gif Only one day left. One day from good quality records, haha. laugh.gif

Thanks. smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 09:52 PM