Trying Out A New Guitar And Backing Track
mroberts70
Jun 18 2013, 05:39 AM
GMC:er
I'm improvising in Am to a cool backing track from gfbx24 on YouTube. I'm playing a cheapO steinberger headless knock off guitar off Ebay. It needs some more work, but I got the tremolo working and action setup pretty well. Also got the intonation pretty close.... I'm no expert at that BTW. Anyhow.... I could submit some pics... but it's really nothing special, looks just like a Steinberger Spirit. Shortly before this my neck pickup decided to stop working... LOL! that's what you get, but I literally didn't expect much from this thing as I bought it to use as a beater travel guitar.... it's small and it works.... well half works. smile.gif

https://soundcloud.com/mroberts70/quick-and-dirty-improvised-jam

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Jun 18 2013, 06:17 AM
If anyone is interested, here's the backing track I was using.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 18 2013, 09:20 AM
Instructor
Hey mate! It sounds good in respect to the description you offered biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Jun 18 2013, 09:43 AM
Backing track was awesome!! laugh.gif

biggrin.gif So was your bit Dude!!

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Jun 18 2013, 11:00 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero

Solid jam, Mark! A lot of really interesting ideas going on... specially like the palm harmonics around :37 (sorry, don't know what they are really called). The tapping part sounded great too and the tone sounds killer on your new guitar too... even if you say it is cheap-o. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Jun 18 2013, 11:39 PM
Sounds pretty cool, I like it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Jun 19 2013, 12:14 AM
Yea, that backing track is really easy to jam to... I just started playing to it on that cheap guitar. It's not a bad guitar, for the intent of having something to easily transport. I use the Pandora Mini FX processor and headphones so it's all compact in one little gig bag.

Thanks for the positive comments, there were some ideas in there somewhere I think.... I know it was mostly monotonous as I could have taken some time to switch it up more, but I just played to the entire track... shoulda faded it out earlier.... lol

Anyhow, the harmonics...., not sure what those are called either honestly and I can't remember where I picked that idea up at. I need to work on my tapping or maybe my phrasing in combination with......, I was wondering how that was gonna come out... lol. I guess if I'd take the time to write something it may actually be a lot better....(I know, Cos said I improvise too much), but he only said that because I do. wink.gif

The Steinberger headless style has been growing on me a lot more lately since I got the tremolo worked out better on my Steiny, i play it a lot now.... and having a little cheaper beater version of it makes it nice. I don't have a nice case for the Steiny as I can't seem to find one too easily anymore, nor can you hardly find the Steinberger Spirits hardly anymore. I know those aren't "REAL" Steinbergers, but it's as close as I'll ever get to one. I've actually been thinning my guitar herd out and would like to get another one in the HSS variety as I have the HSH now. I've got a set of pickups I'd like to put in it.

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jun 19 2013, 09:00 AM
Instructor
Nice one mate! I wish the guitar would be a bit louder in the mix smile.gif Anyway very cool 80's mood and congrats on your new axe! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Hajduk
Jun 21 2013, 10:53 PM
Learning Rock Star
Sounds great smile.gif

--------------------
Tomislav

+Quote Post
Spock
Jun 22 2013, 02:09 AM
That sounded killer man.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 10:25 PM