Need Some Help Here!
Trond Vold
Nov 11 2009, 01:28 AM
Instructor
Hi guys smile.gif
I'm in desperate need for some help on this song i'm working on smile.gif

Been trying to figure out a suitable verse/chorus all weekend, but with no luck.

So far i've got the first minute done. The verse (or anything similar) starts where the hihat plays alone. I've made the empty space short for this sample though.

After the verse there's an idea for a followup section leading up to thee chorus. But, i'm stuck on the chorus too smile.gif

If anyone got any ideas, please share! Or record it smile.gif

Attached File  Test2.mp3 ( 1.4MB ) Number of downloads: 288

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Trond Vold: Nov 11 2009, 01:52 AM

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 11 2009, 11:16 PM
GMC Founder
Very cool ideas Trond!

I realize that what I am going to say now will be pure to blasphemy for a true metalhead - but personally I would love to hear this kind of intro riff with a steady and standard 4/4 beat (without the "rolling" kick drum). I think there is a good groove potential in the riff - and if you could somehow make it more dance-metal (again sorry for blasphemy) I would personally be completely sold! cool.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Nov 13 2009, 02:06 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Nov 11 2009, 11:16 PM) *
Very cool ideas Trond!

I realize that what I am going to say now will be pure to blasphemy for a true metalhead - but personally I would love to hear this kind of intro riff with a steady and standard 4/4 beat (without the "rolling" kick drum). I think there is a good groove potential in the riff - and if you could somehow make it more dance-metal (again sorry for blasphemy) I would personally be completely sold! cool.gif

Thats actually a really good idea!
It's the whole beat of the song that hinders me from progressing on it.

I think i have a plan now biggrin.gif Thanks!

This post has been edited by Trond Vold: Nov 13 2009, 02:06 AM

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Nov 29 2009, 03:37 AM
Instructor
I love the idea! I actually like the bassdrum going with the guitar on unisons.

I guess it's going to be a vocalized song. Try working on the vocal melodies before moving along.

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:57 PM