> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Rhida's Music Journey, for Gab's Army
Rhida
Sep 21 2014, 12:46 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hey Gabe!
Yes lot of notes in my solo. After listening to it again, it definitely needs more space.
I followed your suggestions and intonation was bad on my strat.
The tremolo system is a Floyd Rose not easy to adjust.
I have another one, a Lag MetalMaster that was made 15 years ago. On this one I made some adjustements this morning and it seems fine si I remade the recordings. They are still work on progress but with your help I will refine them little by little.
I already posted them at the Ballad forum.

And you're right I must relearn to bend properly now! wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 22 2014, 05:03 AM
Instructor
Hi mate! I've just given you feedback based on the last take, I copy it here too...

"Hi Rhida! The improvement is notorious but there is still work to do! The overall pitch is much better in most of the take. The intro section sounds perfect for me. The verse and chorus has good moments and some others that need adjustment.

00:00 to 00:17: I like how you managed phrases and silences now. The melody has rests and that make it cooler to listen. Pitch is ok,.

00:18 to 00:32: This section start with clear ideas but then the melodies become less clear like if your fingers wouldn't be sure of where to go. The last 2 licks are a bit sloppy. The high note at 00:22 sounds out of tune, and the problems seems to be again the guitar. Please check it out.

00:32 to 00:47: The pitch issues are more important in this section. For example, the bends at 00:39 are not there, you are not tight with tuning, and also the note at 00:44 is out of tune.

00:48 to 01:12: There are similar problems on this section. Mostly tuning and definition of the licks. I feel that the composition is cool, but the licks need more practice.

Please also be careful with timing.

I know that these comments could sound like a lot, but I'm being demanding because I can notice important improvements from take to take, so keep on the hard work!! "

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Rhida
Sep 22 2014, 06:20 AM
All right then! Thanks Gabe!
I will fix the problems one by one!
I was working on my solo this morning when I saw your feedback.
What about this recording?

This post has been edited by Rhida: Sep 22 2014, 06:22 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 22 2014, 01:29 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Great to see you working hard! smile.gif

Your solo is evolving really well. I like your composition, it fits really good with the backing. The issues commented previously are still there but they get better with each recording. There are 3 things to focus:

- Pitch: There are still pitch problems while you play the phrases. The reasons can be related to the list that I've given you previously so please keep on experimenting with this since the problem isn't totally fixed.

- Bending: Some bends are insecure while some others don't reach the correct pitch. Keep on working on this technique. Remember that Ben's youtube video with the exercises for this technique.

- Tone: I think that your tone could be warmer to make it fit better with your playing here and the backing track. Try adding some mid frequencies and maybe lowering a bit the treble. Experiment with EQ and quantity of distortion.

Check out a nice tone example that could work for this backing:

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Rhida
Sep 22 2014, 01:42 PM
All right Gabe, I will focus on my tone too!

With this guitar, intonation seems better and I must now play with less tension. I have a tendancy to push too hard on the strings and some notes may sound sharper than they should. It's better now than before joining here but it's still there, although it's better take after take.
Hopefully I will continue to improve my takes until the deadline.

I feel so blessed to have encouragements and suggestions from you and Cosmin!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 22 2014, 01:46 PM
Instructor
Hey Rhida! Great to know that the suggestions and comments are helping. I'll be waiting for the new version. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Rhida
Sep 22 2014, 08:02 PM
The new version will come soon!

Anyway, back to my timing issues and my alternate picking lesson.

I think I've got something today!
Tell me bro, am I wrong or am I right?

This post has been edited by Rhida: Sep 22 2014, 08:55 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 23 2014, 02:20 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Yes, this take is much better! Your timing is getting very precise. smile.gif There is some room to be played tighter but the improvement is very big comparing this take with the previous one! What did you change? How did you find the solution? Just practice?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Rhida
Sep 23 2014, 05:00 PM
Glad to know that I have improved!
Actually I found that I was being distracted a lot by the backing track. So I practiced along my metronome making each eight note the same lenghth, playing like a robot without any dynamics. Then I went back to the backing experiencing a new sense of rhythm weird at first because all this time I played this lesson wrong.
I also tried to play a little behind the beat following Ben's advice at the Rec zone.
I will continue to practice this way and I will post a video here when I 'm more confident with it.
You will tell me if it 's Rec zone worthy!

This post has been edited by Rhida: Sep 23 2014, 11:12 PM

+Quote Post
Rhida
Sep 24 2014, 07:29 PM
As you know I 've been working on my timing lately wink.gif!

Here's a recording of the open chords lesson.

Is it the right groove?

i may shoot a video this friday.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 24 2014, 07:29 PM
Instructor
Hi Rhida! thanks for the details. Great to know that this "tricks" worked for you. I can say that the result is very good. About your question regarding if the take is suitable for REC, let me say that always a take is great for REC, there you receive feedback from different instructors so that's the best place to post a new take. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Rhida
Sep 25 2014, 06:20 PM
Hi Gabe,
I followed your advice and I posted a new take for the alternate picking lesson.

Have you checked my previous post in this forum about the open chords lesson?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 25 2014, 09:02 PM
Instructor
heheh I missed the take! rolleyes.gif

It's sounding much groovier than the previous takes. There are still some timing issues here and there. The problem appears mostly when you have to play the second strum of each chord which is usually played a bit early and it destabilize the following strums of the same chord. Once you reach the first half of the take, you start to play tighter and I feel that is close to be perfect near to the end of the take. This means that you understand what you have to play, you can do it, but you still need practice.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Rhida
Sep 25 2014, 10:17 PM
I knew something was wrong!
I try to keep my picking hand loose moving up and down all the time.
And I began to do the second strum with an upstroke instead of the next downstroke. That's why I am a bit earlier.
I will upload a video tomorrow so you can help me.

Thanks.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 26 2014, 03:08 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Rhida @ Sep 25 2014, 06:17 PM) *
I knew something was wrong!
I try to keep my picking hand loose moving up and down all the time.
And I began to do the second strum with an upstroke instead of the next downstroke. That's why I am a bit earlier.
I will upload a video tomorrow so you can help me.

Thanks.

mm if you are keeping the motion up and down even when you are not playing you should be playing this one tighter, but being able to see you playing could help me to give you some more precise feedback about the things that you could try to play this one tighter. Please record a video and share it here.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Rhida
Sep 26 2014, 04:18 PM
Gabe my friend!
I couldnt resist!

This video will make it right to REC!

So I will have three feedbacks. I learn so much from them!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 28 2014, 08:19 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Rhida @ Sep 26 2014, 12:18 PM) *
Gabe my friend!
I couldnt resist!

This video will make it right to REC!

So I will have three feedbacks. I learn so much from them!

hehe excellent! I will check your takes at REC in a moment. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Rhida
Oct 1 2014, 05:14 PM
Hi Gabe!

I'm back to the REC zone with another attempt at the string bending lesson.

Just heard my previous take... Whoah my ears hurt! It's so out of pitch. I didn't realised that at the time!

That means only one thing : I've progressed! smile.gif

Let see what you and others instructors think!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 1 2014, 05:38 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Rhida @ Oct 1 2014, 01:14 PM) *
Hi Gabe!

I'm back to the REC zone with another attempt at the string bending lesson.

Just heard my previous take... Whoah my ears hurt! It's so out of pitch. I didn't realised that at the time!

That means only one thing : I've progressed! smile.gif

Let see what you and others instructors think!

Yeah! Pitches are there now! You evolved a lot your bending technique! I added a comment there about the two things that you need to focus but let me say here Congrats on your great job!! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Rhida
Oct 5 2014, 11:32 PM
Hey Gabe

I want definitely to begin ti work on my tone with your help.
I will upload another take for the collab here following your suggestions.
Anyway could you tell me when the pitch problem occur? My ears are not yet that well developped.
Like I said before I have a tendancy to squeeze on the string.
I've been working hard on it playing as relaxed as I could.
So it may be a problem with my fretting hand and not the guitar.
See you tomorrow then!

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:56 AM