> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Jimi Hendrix - String bending, Lesson By Stephane Lucarelli
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
5 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

kalamari
Nov 27 2015, 07:12 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Original lesson: Jimi Hendrix - String bending by Stephane Lucarelli

Straight ahead recording using PC Cam with PC speak backing track playback.. Need to keep at it but thanks for looking.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I am here because lifes to short to watch another shirtless guitar player lesson/cover on youtube...

Kurt
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 27 2015, 08:21 PM
Instructor
Hi again mate,

the comments on this take are totally related to my comments on the previous REC take (Southern Rock) but now the problem is more notorious because this lesson is based on the technique that needs more practice: Bending.

This one is a very good choice and can be combined with THIS exercise in your diary routine to polish this technique.

Also, audio mix can be improved on this video (check the tutorial shared on the other REC comment).

Keep on the hard work!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 29 2015, 10:42 AM
Instructor
Hi, as Gabriel said we can apply the feedback from your other REC take of Southern Rock and say that your bending needs to be honed so that you can bend confidently at a quicker pace and nail the right pitch.

The lick that happens around 0:23 - there's a couple of things you want to address here.

First thing is working in your hammer-ons and pull-offs so that you can effectively replicate the lick without the notes getting lost.

The second thing is timing, which is lost mainly because of your fingers not having the control over it's hammer/pull technique.

That lick alone would be worth isolating and spending at least 10 mins on every day. Just working on that lick will improve your whole guitar playing a bunch because it's got many elements that are essential to lead playing.

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Nov 30 2015, 07:49 PM
Instructor
First of all you choose very good stuff (lessons) for your playing adventure. They include a lot of contrat in dynamics of playing so they are actually very demanding evem if the speed looks not so dangerous. We could apply most of the feedback from you previous lesson.

Now as for the video let me help you with one tip I share quite often.
To get solid sound without weird phase issues between guitar nad backing track, your amp and pc speakers should be pointed in the same direction and if possible at the same distance from the camera's microphone. Otherwise some frequencies will cancel eachother and we get sort of phaser fx tone ...witout phaser fx device smile.gif

Example? Place your amp under the desk so it would be in line with pc speakers. Place your camera in front of your PC desk instead of being at somewhere at the side of the speakers. This way You will capture most clear tone of both - backing track and guitar amp

+Quote Post
Fran
Dec 2 2015, 12:46 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Almost there, 4.3

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:36 PM