5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Tonyk - Impro-wise-note Choice Workout :)
tonyk
Jan 12 2014, 04:29 AM
GMC:er
Hey Darius .I think Ive recorded what you require.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r63TdgfJXXY...eature=youtu.be
https://soundcloud.com/tonyk525/amp-demo-3
1st take: same settings as amp live ( see vid)
2nd- amp vol increased to 10 o'clock, interface 3 o'clock
3rd- amp vol same, interface dropped to 12. 4th-amp vol same, interface dropped to 10.
5th- amp vol increased to 12,interface 3, 6th-amp vol same,interface decreased to 12. 7th amp vol same, interface decr 9
8th- amp vol increased to 3, interface 3, 9th amp vol same,interface decr to 12. 10th amp vol same, interface decr to 9.

Does increasing amp volume change tone?
If I played amp with vol at 3 o'clock, neighbours would ring police.
It seems I lose amp dynamics with direct line out.
Is the only way to record dynamics with mic? If this is so, then I might as well record with plugins and practise with amp(to develop skills to play live)
Please take your time replying.I realise all you guys at gmc put in huge effort here.I can wait
Thanks Tony

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jan 12 2014, 02:52 PM
Instructor
Thank You for understanding. You are right...some times we need more time not to just respond but to respond wisely. To be honest the tone doesn't change that much. You can feel some overload and very little additional distortion while Your amp is cranked but...All the samples give a good image of there is nothing to worry about smile.gif

You can work with neightbour-friendly vol on Your amp. 4 and 7 samples give the cleanest tone so You could stick to similar settings.

Tone going out from the amp and tone for recordings are 2 different things. How do You set up the tone? You listen to an amp speaker or You mess with the eq with Your headphones? Second option would be better because it will show how the amp will sound in the record.

Micing the cab always gives more possibilities - You can change the tone by changing mic distance, angle and position.

There is also one more option but...I think it won't work. I suppose You don't have a direct out without a cabinet simulation.

Correct me if I'm wrong is the tone coming out of the speaker much brighter than the one from direct out?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
tonyk
Jan 13 2014, 07:36 AM
Thanks Darius.Tone from speaker is much brighter than from direct out.
There is an extensive demo of this amp on youtube by guy from Sweden, Richard Lainegard where he seems to bypass built-in amp simulation. I think he runs line from FX out and uses IR's in Logic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgKIgNTPFXc

Would I be able to do something similar into Reaper?
More importantly, do I need to make amp equilizer changes to get better tone.
Thanks Tony

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jan 13 2014, 09:35 AM
Instructor
It's hard to say anything for sure because of the remote type of feedback I give. I mean...Being there with You would probably take a few minutes to fix this but...we will fix it anyway wink.gif

Yes - it is possible to do it like that.

1. Make sure amp is plugged to the cab anyway. FX loop send will cut the signal but just in case it would be safe to have the cab connected

2. Reaper works with impulse responses as well as most of other Daw's

3. Do You know how to add fx to the tracks in reaper?

4. Here You have the link to impulse loader for Mac - https://www.copy.com/s/Cd1hkb98q3LgRELX/LeCab2rev1.vst.zip

5. go to the thread:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...20&start=20
and find the post with 1on-pres5 impulse - link to download (post attachment). It's a 9th post from the top

Let me know if there are any problems

+Quote Post
tonyk
Jan 16 2014, 08:07 AM
Hey Darius. Can open LeCab2 in Reaper.Have downloaded 1on_pres5.wav but not not sure what to do with it.
Thanks Tony

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jan 16 2014, 02:57 PM
Instructor
1. Choose one slot in LeCab2. There is a "browse" button
2. Click it and find + select the impulse - 1on_pres5 on Your local drive
3. Find "on" button to turn on this slot in LeCab2

+Quote Post
tonyk
Jan 20 2014, 01:49 AM
Hey Darius.Thanks for Winter Collab feedback.My opening lines feel like they need more punch.Can you suggest a way to achieve this.Thanks

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jan 20 2014, 12:36 PM
Instructor
I would start from doing a gain level research. As You see it was a common advice from a few instructors so maybe it's worth trying. Tone we use do affect the way we compose lines. Maybe You will find those lines cool while the distortion is higher smile.gif

+Quote Post
tonyk
Feb 1 2014, 08:12 AM
Hey Darius. Was watching replay of your last chat.Enclosed vid of my circular picking attempt.Is this the correct way or have I got it around the wrong way.

I seem to have been distracted with all this "tone" stuff we have have been doing.Could you put me back on the "improvising track" and suggest where I should go from here.Thanks Tony

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Feb 2 2014, 03:23 PM
Instructor
Yes smile.gif The movement is ok smile.gif Only thing to change is the pick resting point for the indes finger. You hold the pick on Your print side while most of players use a side of the finger

+Quote Post
tonyk
Feb 2 2014, 08:32 PM
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Feb 2 2014, 02:23 PM) *
Yes smile.gif The movement is ok smile.gif Only thing to change is the pick resting point for the indes finger. You hold the pick on Your print side while most of players use a side of the finger

Thanks

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Feb 2 2014, 11:14 PM
Instructor
Basic rules for improvising are :

1. Play only as fast as you can think abot what to play
2. If you want to play fast licks they have to be perfectly learned and practice.this moment comes when you don't think about notes in the lick while playing. You just treat the whole lick as one note. You know that "note" fits here and there because you practice it a lot indifferet situations

Give me a 2 favourite licks of yours. Those coid be advanced so we will speak about where and how fit them in your playing

+Quote Post
tonyk
Feb 3 2014, 01:05 AM
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Feb 2 2014, 10:14 PM) *
Basic rules for improvising are :

1. Play only as fast as you can think abot what to play
2. If you want to play fast licks they have to be perfectly learned and practice.this moment comes when you don't think about notes in the lick while playing. You just treat the whole lick as one note. You know that "note" fits here and there because you practice it a lot indifferet situations

Give me a 2 favourite licks of yours. Those coid be advanced so we will speak about where and how fit them in your playing

Hey darius.These are 2 licks that I tend use a lot

https://soundcloud.com/tonyk525/licks

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Feb 3 2014, 09:45 AM
Instructor
Ha ha smile.gif I know those are lick too...but I meant something more extended..like a full arpeggio or a tapped sweep licks. You know a bit longer type of lick that demand lonmger focus and hand tension.

Any way. Could You please make a vids of both licks You sent to me? The latest right hand view was very cool. I'm wondering about some right - left hand sync issues or just a picking hand issue. I will try to spot the reason smile.gif

+Quote Post
tonyk
Feb 4 2014, 05:28 AM
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Feb 3 2014, 08:45 AM) *
Ha ha smile.gif I know those are lick too...but I meant something more extended..like a full arpeggio or a tapped sweep licks. You know a bit longer type of lick that demand lonmger focus and hand tension.

Any way. Could You please make a vids of both licks You sent to me? The latest right hand view was very cool. I'm wondering about some right - left hand sync issues or just a picking hand issue. I will try to spot the reason smile.gif

This is another of my many problems-Not having longer lines to join my short phrases.Anyway here is vid as requested plus 2 slightly longer licks.Thanks Tony

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Feb 4 2014, 11:22 AM
Instructor
It's very important to know exactly what we are playing. From Your vids it's hard to mark precise rhythm of those licks. Are You able to play those very slow with a metronome? Do You have any slow example of someone You borrowed those from playing it? I think You should try to slow things down and try to ssign most important accents to the drum beats or metronome clicks. It's hard to match the lick to the track if We're not sure where exactly notes should cover the beats and similar...

+Quote Post
tonyk
Feb 4 2014, 08:52 PM
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Feb 4 2014, 10:22 AM) *
It's very important to know exactly what we are playing. From Your vids it's hard to mark precise rhythm of those licks. Are You able to play those very slow with a metronome? Do You have any slow example of someone You borrowed those from playing it? I think You should try to slow things down and try to ssign most important accents to the drum beats or metronome clicks. It's hard to match the lick to the track if We're not sure where exactly notes should cover the beats and similar...

Thanks Darius.will redo licks to slow backing track

+Quote Post
tonyk
Feb 6 2014, 05:17 AM
Hey Darius. Licks with slow backing track. Also have been working on new pick grip. Is this any better?Thanks Tony

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Feb 6 2014, 03:01 PM
Instructor
what is the pick model, tickness You use?

In this video I'm showing how I hold the pick. You can try it too. The difference is You're playing with opposite wrist angle.

Also...Your hand looks like it has the resting point very hi. Many players use a low strings, right side across the bridge so You just move Your hand left to get palm muting, and move right to get open notes. Your hand looks like it's resting on wood right above the pickup.

+Quote Post
tonyk
Feb 6 2014, 09:09 PM
Thank for vid.will move resting point.I know I'm supposed to positively visualize but I can't imagine ever getting close to your right hand speed and attack.I just changed to thinner pick after watching your last vchat.V picks large pointed ultra lite 0.88mm thick.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 02:23 AM