Hand And Finger Stretches Needed
RobM
Feb 8 2008, 06:08 PM
GMC:er
Ok so every day before I play and even recently when I'm not playing I try to stretch out my left hand and fingers. I stretch my hand all the way back trying to touch the top of my forearm by pushing back on the under side of my fingers over the top of my hand, Then I push against the top of my hand trying to make my finger touch the under side of my forearm. Then I twist my hand left and then right stretching out my wrist.

I then stretch each finger individually back towards my forearm and then apart from the other fingers and thumb.

Confused yet?

I do this then I do a couple of slow runs on my guitar, like:

1-2-3-4, 2-3-4-5, 3-4-5-6, 4-5-6-7

From low E to high E and back again. I hold down each finger as I do this.

Then I strecth all over again.

Problem that I'm having is when it comes to 5 or more fret stretches like 5-7-9 or even worse 11-14-15-12-9-7.

Anyone have any other stretches I can do outside of playing and practicing that will help keep my hand and fingers stretched out. Is this also a finger/hand strength issue or do I just need to have my hand and fingers more limber for these stretches?

Hopefully I didn't confuse anyone too badly with my stretching description?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by RobM: Feb 8 2008, 06:09 PM

--------------------
You wish.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Scott Gentzen
Feb 9 2008, 09:55 PM
QUOTE (RobM @ Feb 8 2008, 05:08 PM) *
Anyone have any other stretches I can do outside of playing and practicing that will help keep my hand and fingers stretched out. Is this also a finger/hand strength issue or do I just need to have my hand and fingers more limber for these stretches?

I'm looking forward to seeing answers to this one. I struggle a lot with stiffness in my left hand.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars: ESP Semi-Hollow Eclipse, 1984 Ibanez Roadstar RS440, Peavey T-60, Daisy Rock Rock Candy Custom
Amps: Peavey Transformer 112, Epiphone Valve Jr head with custom 2x12 cab
Pedals: Boss TU-2, Budda Bud-Wah, Chuck Collins Harmonic Percolator clone

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Feb 9 2008, 10:42 PM
Singing Instructor
hey... I am not a guitar player...but I am a flute player..and my sister is a piano player...so..every thing you do I think is enofe....but the moust important thing is how long are you doing it...so if you have a problem...take a bout 30 min of you time and give it full etention...and it is inportant to do it very solwly at the begining...the same exersis you allredy do...
hope it helps:)

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
Scott Gentzen
Feb 10 2008, 05:57 AM
QUOTE (Nemanja @ Feb 9 2008, 04:42 PM) *
hey... I am not a guitar player...but I am a flute player..and my sister is a piano player...so..every thing you do I think is enofe....but the moust important thing is how long are you doing it...so if you have a problem...take a bout 30 min of you time and give it full etention...and it is inportant to do it very solwly at the begining...the same exersis you allredy do...
hope it helps:)

My wife plays piano and she has a heck of a reach. Her mother was a music teacher so she grew up playing and doesn't really remember how she got there anymore. sigh.

My reach is wider than it was when I started, but it's still frustrating how slow it's coming.

--------------------
Guitars: ESP Semi-Hollow Eclipse, 1984 Ibanez Roadstar RS440, Peavey T-60, Daisy Rock Rock Candy Custom
Amps: Peavey Transformer 112, Epiphone Valve Jr head with custom 2x12 cab
Pedals: Boss TU-2, Budda Bud-Wah, Chuck Collins Harmonic Percolator clone

+Quote Post
Bondy
Feb 10 2008, 11:20 AM
Learning Roadie
Hi I posted this a while back hope it helps it did with me
Stretching Exercise

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 10 2008, 11:36 AM
Instructor
Just stretch your fingers for 10 minutes before exercising and after a year or two you will see a lot of improvement. It just takes time that's all.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 09:20 AM