Software To Remove Guitar Bits?
Nody
Jan 7 2008, 10:24 AM
GMC:er
Hi all,

K so im getting the hang of all this recording techno stuff. I have another question. What i want to do is get the song enter the sandman (Metallica), and somehow remove the rythem guitar bit, and the singing, and then burn it to disc, so that i can play on my stereo the rythem part and sing whilst still have the lead and drums, bass etc already. Is this possible and how on this earth can i do this? Basically how can i remove these parts if ya sort of know what i mean?

Many thank

Nody

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 12)
Chris Evans
Jan 7 2008, 10:35 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
Why not find the midi file for it instead, then remove the tracks that you dont want, if its for practice purposes only then that`d be more than good enough smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Smells: Jan 7 2008, 10:36 AM

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Twibeard
Jan 7 2008, 11:19 AM
QUOTE (Nody @ Jan 7 2008, 10:24 AM) *
Is this possible and how on this earth can i do this? Basically how can i remove these parts if ya sort of know what i mean?

I think that would be as difficult as taking milk back out of coffee with cream smile.gif
As Smells says, find a midi for backing, try: http://www.midisite.co.uk/midi_search/enter_sandman.html

--------------------

Guitar: Ibanez RG370DXCE my backup is a Fender Strat.
Amps: Marshall MG and Line6 Spider III 75W combo (preferred)

Recording stuff: Cubase SX3, Logic emagic, Novation ReMote SL, M-Audio Pro
Synth experiance: Roland, MoTu, Native Instrument, Spectrasonics and Steinberg
Main VST's: Kontakt2, FM8, Bass station, Ezdrummer, MoTu EI, Atmosphere, Crystall

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Jan 7 2008, 11:24 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
QUOTE (Twibeard @ Jan 7 2008, 10:19 AM) *
I think that would be as difficult as taking milk back out of coffee with cream smile.gif

It can be done roughly with "cleaning" software but sounds awful, you`d need such an array of super high tech equipment, even then I dont think it`d ever sound perfect.
midi is the way to go here imo, alot easier to mess aound with too, different instruments etc

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Jan 7 2008, 11:28 AM
Get to da Chopper!
that midi site is really usefull thanks for the share!

+Quote Post
Nody
Jan 7 2008, 12:49 PM
Blimey. Sounds a nightmare. Thanks for the advice.

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Jan 7 2008, 01:03 PM
Learning Tone Master
Take a look on some guitar magazines with playalong versions. Search in their archieves for an issue with enter sandman as playalong-track and order it. There are usually more versions of the song to play along (lead tacken out, rythm taken out, all guitars taken out) so you can play to it. Other mags have the guitars on the left speaker and the rest on the right speaker so you just have to mute the left and you can play along.
I don't know how to get rid of the singing...

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Jan 7 2008, 01:19 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
There's a recording technique that basically uses phase inversion as a method for removing parts. It works but isn't perfect - it's the basis of Karioke. I've explained how you can do this elsewhere on the forum Nody - so a search on my name should pull it, it's probably on the recording forum but I'm not sure.

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Fran
Jan 12 2008, 02:12 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Maybe you could use a program like Guitar Pro, there are tabs for many songs, and you can choose not to play the guitar track, and play it yourself.

Good luck!

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Jan 12 2008, 11:18 PM
Instructor
i think its imposible to split the wavs for tracks and delete un needed track
but i suggest to use vocal remover you can only remove the vocal for 90% other wise you can use the midi files to practice with in or there is a webs for karaoki but i think you have to pay for that

+Quote Post
Mrblomme
Jan 12 2008, 11:37 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Thx I just was in search of the drumline. biggrin.gif I'm now trying to remove the other instruments from the .mid. Only to leave the drum. smile.gif

--------------------
Homer J. Simpson: Rockstars is there anything they dont know?

+Quote Post
Tomy Jeon
Jan 12 2008, 11:46 PM
QUOTE (Twibeard @ Jan 7 2008, 11:19 PM) *
As Smells says, find a midi for backing, try: http://www.midisite.co.uk/midi_search/enter_sandman.html

Thanks for the site!!! smile.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Obi-Wan Kenobi dislikes babies!

+Quote Post
Paul Coutts
Jan 13 2008, 11:54 AM
I doubt you'll find any such software....it's virtually impossible as tracks are usually rendered and then mastered....so it's all stuck together. The best thing to do is use MIDI or slow down the track.

--------------------
Gear - Ibanez RG350EX, Ibanez RG220DX, ESP LTD MH250, Line 6 PODx3, Laney TF100, Ibanez SM7, Ibanez RG ?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:23 AM