Parker Qustion
VinceG
Aug 28 2008, 11:41 PM
GMC:er
So, I saw this used Parker guitar in a family owned guitar store near my house. Get this, there selling it for $250 usd. I'm thinking of buying it, what do you think? It has EMG active pups, and a piezo. I'm thinking this would be a real steal. I don't know what kind of Parker model it is, maybe its even an old model.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Aug 28 2008, 11:50 PM
Learning Tone Master
The Piezo system and the set of emg's alone are worth more than 250$ and you get a parker guitar on top of it. It would even be a bargain if it's just a low end guitar! And as far as I know Parker does not built low end guitars so you might be lucky and get a real steal. Just make sure it's in a good condition and look twice if it's not a cheap fake. Once your are sure of that ... BUY IT! BUY IT BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
fkalich
Aug 29 2008, 12:42 AM
if it is an American Parker, that is a steal.

They make another line, I believe Korean, I don't know anything about those, except they are cheaper.

a new american parker costs well over $1,000 and up.

edit: the korean are call "P series". Always p followed by some number.

This post has been edited by fkalich: Aug 29 2008, 12:46 AM

+Quote Post
VinceG
Aug 29 2008, 03:39 AM
Yeah, i believe this guitar was a P series, I think P-40. But still, do you guy think even if it is Korean based that this price would be good?

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

+Quote Post
bladzerok
Aug 29 2008, 03:51 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
well i personnaly think that a guitar with piezo and emg at $250, is a pretty good deal. Plus, i don<t think that parker would let a crappy guitar go out of their factories, even a korean one. still, you should have a look at it before buying it

just my opinion smile.gif

--------------------
My gears are:
guitars:
-simon and patrick accoustic guitar
-ovation accoustic guitar
-Ibanez S320 electric guitar
-Ibanez RG7321 electric guitar
amp:
-Peavey valveking 112
effects:
-Boss SD-1
-Dunlop crybaby from hell
-Boss GE-7 7-Band Equaliser
-Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor

+Quote Post
fkalich
Aug 29 2008, 04:01 AM
QUOTE (VinceG @ Aug 28 2008, 09:39 PM) *
Yeah, i believe this guitar was a P series, I think P-40. But still, do you guy think even if it is Korean based that this price would be good?

I have the impression that the Korean guitars are pretty good. Never researched it far, but that is my impression from what I heard when I bought my Parker.

Here are some now, what they go for at MF.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation?q=parker&st=

I would find the exact model, see if you can figure the original price or match it to a current one best as you can, and then you will know. Also you can read some reviews on internet, I bet they have them at harmony-central. But I believe that I have heard it said that the Korean Parkers are good guitars. But I am no expert on it.

edit: also you might look on ebay, for recent sales using the advanced search option. even if you don't have the exact model, you can get an idea what the market pays for one.

This post has been edited by fkalich: Aug 29 2008, 04:03 AM

+Quote Post
VinceG
Aug 29 2008, 04:02 AM
Yeah, I'm gonna give it a try tomorrow. Its either that Parker or Washburn which was also the same price. I'll let you guys know how it sounds smile.gif.

This post has been edited by VinceG: Aug 29 2008, 04:03 AM

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

+Quote Post
bladzerok
Aug 29 2008, 05:31 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (VinceG @ Aug 28 2008, 11:02 PM) *
Yeah, I'm gonna give it a try tomorrow. Its either that Parker or Washburn which was also the same price. I'll let you guys know how it sounds smile.gif.

cool! i hope you'l get a real steal on it laugh.gif

--------------------
My gears are:
guitars:
-simon and patrick accoustic guitar
-ovation accoustic guitar
-Ibanez S320 electric guitar
-Ibanez RG7321 electric guitar
amp:
-Peavey valveking 112
effects:
-Boss SD-1
-Dunlop crybaby from hell
-Boss GE-7 7-Band Equaliser
-Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor

+Quote Post
JVM
Aug 29 2008, 06:15 PM
Learning Roadie
Even if it's one of the korean ones thats a good deal for a fine guitar smile.gif

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
fkalich
Aug 29 2008, 06:30 PM
QUOTE (JVM @ Aug 29 2008, 12:15 PM) *
Even if it's one of the korean ones thats a good deal for a fine guitar smile.gif

Well probably so. Now I own a Nitefly and like it. But looking at ebay, I have been surprised how the resale prices do not hold up as well as they do with Gibson and American Fender. I would get an American Fender or Gibson at a good price, and see people selling them used excellent condition for nearly what I paid new. Well, I am not sure any other brand holds prices as well as Gibson and American Fender in the resale market for electric guitars.

+Quote Post
kjutte
Aug 29 2008, 08:32 PM
QUOTE (bladzerok @ Aug 29 2008, 04:51 AM) *
well i personnaly think that a guitar with piezo and emg at $250, is a pretty good deal. Plus, i don<t think that parker would let a crappy guitar go out of their factories, even a korean one. still, you should have a look at it before buying it

just my opinion smile.gif

Asian stuff is usually crafted well, BUT, the materials aren't always as good (due to the prices etc I guess?)
Anyway, you know, work is limited down there, so they get fired for minor mistakes. I bet they're all very strict in their routines biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Sep 1 2008, 11:01 AM
QUOTE (fkalich @ Aug 29 2008, 06:30 PM) *
Well probably so. Now I own a Nitefly and like it. But looking at ebay, I have been surprised how the resale prices do not hold up as well as they do with Gibson and American Fender. I would get an American Fender or Gibson at a good price, and see people selling them used excellent condition for nearly what I paid new. Well, I am not sure any other brand holds prices as well as Gibson and American Fender in the resale market for electric guitars.

Advertise your guitar on UK ebay however and you'll get way more as Parker Nitefly's in UK cost $1800

And Korean Parker's are good and for $250 is an awesome find but they obviously aren't up to the American ones that just blow me away.

This post has been edited by OrganisedConfusion: Sep 1 2008, 11:02 AM

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 2 2008, 01:29 PM
Instructor
It's a great price, but as with all great prices, I would recommend that you check out the guitar first in detail. Possibly there are some flaws, and most often fret and neck issues. Must check that. Also EMG and Piezo usually means active electronics, so check out how that works- it could eat your batteries fast.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Sep 2 2008, 02:08 PM
Instructor
Wow!!!!
Get it before it's gone!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Sep 2 2008, 03:09 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (VinceG @ Aug 29 2008, 12:41 AM) *
So, I saw this used Parker guitar in a family owned guitar store near my house. Get this, there selling it for $250 usd. I'm thinking of buying it, what do you think? It has EMG active pups, and a piezo. I'm thinking this would be a real steal. I don't know what kind of Parker model it is, maybe its even an old model.

It's an awesome price !!!! but as Ivan said check it before doing nothing wink.gif

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Sep 2 2008, 03:14 PM
Instructor
yes, do a check and if everything is ok, give that guy $270.

$250 for thr guitar and $20 for a beer smile.gif I don't think you'll get another chance for this price

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Sep 2 2008, 03:41 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Its a good price but I'm always very suspicious with such offers..Something is wrong often...You only get such deals from friends and people you know...

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 04:01 PM