A Little Advice I Suppose
The Uncreator
Jul 14 2007, 06:34 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Hey Hey GMC! I was reading through some old guitar world magazines reading Jeff Loomis' Merchant Of Menace, and i read teh article where he is describing some of the riffs of "This Godless Endeavour", and he made the suggestion that if you practice with an acoustic guitar for like 45 minutes to an hour, when you pick up your electric youll feel liek your 10x better.

So...

I tried this out and did all the normal exercises i would do on my Ibanez, except on an acoustic, and i did them for 1 hour, then i picked up my Ibanez, and played Pavels Sweeping etude, and Luca Turilli lesson, and Gabriels Neoclassical Sweeping, and i got them almost perfect ( i say almost cause i still practice them! ) i felt like i was 20x faster in all aspects, its makes playing feel alot easier going from 1 hour of acoustic to this, and i just play better, faster, and smoother, so id thought id share this bit of advice with you, hopefully youll find it useful as i did smile.gif

And dont forget to thank Jeff Loomis!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by The Uncreator: Jul 14 2007, 06:35 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:59 PM