Exclusive Gmc Gear Preview "crusher" Guitar
Todd Simpson
May 27 2015, 06:55 AM
GMC:er
Exclusively for GMC, here is my first vid of the CRUSHER guitar that is on deck from RICK HANES guitars. This is an Indonesian Guitar company that takes their quality very seriously. I try several tones with various levels of gain in this vid and it's a short playthrough. I'm going to make a full review vid as well.

These are very well built guitars and it's actually the ONLY guitar in my collection (some costing thousands) that will fully Intonate. They use a computerized CNC machine to cut these and the fit and finish is quite nice. The fret board in particular is impressive. No frets jabbing in to your fingers. No warping, no mis matched fret heights. It feels a lot like a vintage era USA Kramer Pacer. Very solid and playable. To wit.... Enjoy!

P.S. Using my 11 Rack for all tones, recording direct via usb.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jun 3 2015, 12:32 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hajduk
May 27 2015, 07:58 AM
Learning Rock Star
Guitar sounds and looks great Todd! Love the clean tone in the beginning smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Tomislav

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 27 2015, 11:16 PM
Thanks smile.gif These are going to have a street price of about $650 which is cheap when considering it shows up setup/intonated/fret leveled/ready to play. I have yet to get a "New" guitar that didn't require a trip to Luthier before it could really be used. Kris Dahl just got his FUJIGEN guitar back from the luthier I see in another post.

Usually "new" guitars require at least a setup, if not a full fret leveling. All of which can add up pretty quick. For example, my BC RICH GUNSLINGER cost more to get setup/finished than the guitar actually cost brand new.

THE SECRET SAUCE: is the "PLEK" Process (.eg. what Kris dahl just did to his telecaster). Basically a very large computer controlled guitar setup machine smile.gif GIBSON USA guitars and every guitar in the GIBSON CUSTOM SHOP benefit from this type of machining. NONE of their other guitars do which explains quite a bit IMHO.

http://www.plek.com/en_US/meinungen/internet/

Each and every RH guitar gets this treatment before it leaves the shop. This is initially why I was so shocked at the leve of setup/fit and finish/build quality on the crusher. It's had the same treatment the custom shop gibsons get smile.gif

I am just now learning about what this all means. Here is a video about it.

QUOTE (Hajduk @ May 27 2015, 02:58 AM) *
Guitar sounds and looks great Todd! Love the clean tone in the beginning smile.gif

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: May 28 2015, 12:18 AM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 3 2015, 12:33 AM
Had to delete the original video to change the title card, but here is the update!!! smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:18 AM