Speedpicking Help
you
May 26 2007, 12:01 AM
GMC:er
Ok I'm really starting to get serios about guitar. My major weak point is speedpicking and i really need some help on what to do to really improve this specificaly. What kind of routines do Youguys do (especialy you instructers) and how much time do spend on speedpicking alone. I've watched all the lessons on speedpicking but is there some certainway ishould go about practicing them? I know your supposed to start off really slow but how can you tell when you can really speed up? I'll accept any help Ican get.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AIB234
May 26 2007, 06:38 PM
You can tell when you're speeding up because you can simply play faster, but comfortably.

You know when you pick slow, it's really easy, you don't get tense and tight, and your face doesn't have to make crazy faces? It's like that when you get faster too.

If you have any of the above (except for maybe the crazy face, I just made that up tongue.gif), you're probably playing too fast. However, when you are 'challenging' your speed, you may get a little tense for a bit while you are breaking your speed threshold.

Hope this makes sense and helps!

PS. As far as I have seen, there's no real 'pattern' for practicing speed picking, just find something that you like the sound of or that you want to learn and speed pick it away. The stuff in the lessons is great. The first thing I practiced for speed picking was from the first lesson and I think it was just the 12th fret repeatedly on the D string. Then it goes into a 14-12-12-12 pattern.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
you
May 27 2007, 12:59 AM
Thanks a lot

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 05:02 AM