4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Www.musiclearningtools.net, .. a personal project
wrk
Jul 1 2009, 10:43 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
I have just added a new tool to the website - "Scale Ear Trainer"

This tool can be used to practice to identify a scale by ear and to get an idea of a certain sound of each scales (with different instruments). An option "Play root note" can be activated to play and hold the root note while the complete scale is played.

Some adjustments still need to be done, but i would already be interested in your thoughts and suggestions. Hope you like it smile.gif

P.S. : The Advanced section still need to be filled with more scales. If someone wants to have added a certain scale, please let me know the scale name and corresponding formula (Natural Minor - 1-2-b3-4-5-b6-b7)

Thank you !!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 1 2009, 10:16 PM
Instructor
Scale trainer is a great addition, this looks very professional to me now man, really great job! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jul 1 2009, 10:21 PM
Instructor
Awesome addition Andy, your site will turn into something big I am sure!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jad Diab
Jul 1 2009, 10:58 PM
Instructor (former GMCer Zizi Top)
Bookmarked, your website is really cool
I might ask for a little request : last time I was thinking about all those ear training programs on the internet, and I thought what would be cool, is to have an ear training program that you can have all the time on you, so I recorded different intervals (repeating each one twice) using my guitar (no midi files), with distorted sound and clean sound so the ear can recognize both of them, and exported them as mp3 files naming each file as its intervals and key. For examples I had files like that : A_2m.mp3 G_7M.mp3 D_5.mp3 ...ect (key of A second minor interval ; key of G major seventh ; key of D perfect fifth)
Then I put this file in my mp3 player, or my Ipod and listen to it in train, and guessing wich intervals are played, to check out my answer, I can look on song's name ..
I thought also of doind a version with intervals played and then saying the intervals name, so like this you can listen to it while sleeping but you will have short time of guessing wich interval it is.

Unfortunately, I didn't have time to finish this project, I only recorded all intervals in one octave of the keys of A and D. If you can have a zip file with this sort of intervals and put it on your site, I'm sure many musician would be interesting of training their ear while taking the train or the bus or the metro ....

Anyway, your site looks great smile.gif

cheers

--------------------
I endorse Sp custom pickups

Check out some of my work :
Youtube
GMC lessons
Myspace

+Quote Post
wrk
Jul 2 2009, 12:05 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Thanks Pedja and Ivan ... some more tools will come very soon smile.gif

QUOTE (Jad Diab @ Jul 1 2009, 11:58 PM) *
Bookmarked, your website is really cool
I might ask for a little request : last time I was thinking about all those ear training programs on the internet, and I thought what would be cool, is to have an ear training program that you can have all the time on you, so I recorded different intervals (repeating each one twice) using my guitar (no midi files), with distorted sound and clean sound so the ear can recognize both of them, and exported them as mp3 files naming each file as its intervals and key. For examples I had files like that : A_2m.mp3 G_7M.mp3 D_5.mp3 ...ect (key of A second minor interval ; key of G major seventh ; key of D perfect fifth)
Then I put this file in my mp3 player, or my Ipod and listen to it in train, and guessing wich intervals are played, to check out my answer, I can look on song's name ..
I thought also of doind a version with intervals played and then saying the intervals name, so like this you can listen to it while sleeping but you will have short time of guessing wich interval it is.

Unfortunately, I didn't have time to finish this project, I only recorded all intervals in one octave of the keys of A and D. If you can have a zip file with this sort of intervals and put it on your site, I'm sure many musician would be interesting of training their ear while taking the train or the bus or the metro ....

Anyway, your site looks great smile.gif

cheers

Yeah, i know what you mean ... it's an nice idea. I have tried something similar for my iPod once. A collection of mp3 files like you did, organized via notes text files ... it worked more or less, but it is such a pain to create all the sound files as you have to record all the intervals, chords, etc, in every key .. and not just each notes separated.

Too bad that flash is not supported by the iPhone/iPod Touch by now ... would be awesome to only adjust the format of the tools to the iPhone screen and use it everywhere.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:34 AM