2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Inspiring Quotes From...
Ben Higgins
Nov 4 2012, 10:08 AM
Instructor
.. Mike Tyson ?? smile.gif

I know a lot of people won't like him and he's done some pretty bad things but there was a time when he was one of the most driven athletes on the planet. I found 3 quotes that you can apply to anything, especially guitar playing smile.gif

“Success is all about being able to sacrifice.”

“I had to do things that I hated to do, but do them like I loved them.”

“Everybody wants the million dollars but most aren’t willing to put in the million miles to get there.”

It's easy to look at all the famous personalities, all the movies, computer games, albums, all of the physical products or appliances that fill our house and take them for granted. But behind every creation is a story of someone who had to push themselves through immense fear and develop the kind of self belief that it takes to become something great. I knew so many people who always had the belief that great things only happened to other people, like it was across another divide or something. But rather than being surrounded by evidence that ordinary people can't achieve their desires, instead we are constantly surrounded by actual physical evidence of people turning their ideas, their dreams into actual reality.. and changing the lives of millions of others in the process.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Nov 4 2012, 10:09 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wollace03
Nov 4 2012, 10:14 AM
GMC:er
there is one quote from steve jobs I like very much cause it somehow brings many things back into balance:

"even people who really want to be in heaven don´t wanna die to get there"........

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 4 2012, 11:26 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (wollace03 @ Nov 4 2012, 09:14 AM) *
there is one quote from steve jobs I like very much cause it somehow brings many things back into balance:

"even people who really want to be in heaven don´t wanna die to get there"........

Hadn't heard that before.. that's quite a powerful one smile.gif

+Quote Post
Christophe
Nov 4 2012, 02:06 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Quotes I like were said by a man called Confucius more than a millenium ago.

"Experience is a candle that illuminates the wearer."

"Silence is the true friend that never betrays."

"He who is not progressing every day, every day back."

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime."

"A man who has committed a mistake and doesn't correct it is committing another mistake."

"Error is equal, whether we go beyond or whether we fall short." (Translated by me - more or less -)

"A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else"

and a last one

"Never speak about you, either good, because we would not believe you, neither bad because we would believe that too much." (Translated by me).

I could spend the whole day to give such inspiring quotes ^^ Hope you like and you feel wise-d (don't know the verb).

This post has been edited by Christophe: Nov 4 2012, 02:46 PM

--------------------
Gear : ESP LTD MH-401QM ; Zoom G2.1Nu ; Blackstar HT-5 Preamp ; Blackstar HT-112 Speaker;

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 4 2012, 02:08 PM
Instructor
I ill share one from.....Ricky Martin laugh.gif

'Aim for the starts and in that way, you'll make sure you reach at least half way'

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Nov 5 2012, 12:01 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Christophe @ Nov 4 2012, 02:06 PM) *
"A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else"

this reminds me so much of our beloved president (Obama )

This post has been edited by jstcrsn: Nov 5 2012, 12:02 AM

+Quote Post
bill chalmers
Nov 5 2012, 12:36 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Nov 4 2012, 09:08 AM) *
.. Mike Tyson ?? smile.gif

I know a lot of people won't like him and he's done some pretty bad things but there was a time when he was one of the most driven athletes on the planet. I found 3 quotes that you can apply to anything, especially guitar playing smile.gif

“Success is all about being able to sacrifice.”

“I had to do things that I hated to do, but do them like I loved them.”

“Everybody wants the million dollars but most aren’t willing to put in the million miles to get there.”

It's easy to look at all the famous personalities, all the movies, computer games, albums, all of the physical products or appliances that fill our house and take them for granted. But behind every creation is a story of someone who had to push themselves through immense fear and develop the kind of self belief that it takes to become something great. I knew so many people who always had the belief that great things only happened to other people, like it was across another divide or something. But rather than being surrounded by evidence that ordinary people can't achieve their desires, instead we are constantly surrounded by actual physical evidence of people turning their ideas, their dreams into actual reality.. and changing the lives of millions of others in the process.

That is good philosophy. I like it. Nothing of value comes from taking the easy way out. ohmy.gif

--------------------
My Gear

[size="3"]Guitar - Main guitar is a Kimbara Strat copy bought in 1977.
Amplifier - Roland G60 Combo Also bought 1977 and still going strong.
Effects - Zoom 3030 , Zoom GFX 1, Boss Compressor.
Tascam CD-GT2 guitar trainer. Tascam DP 004 Portastudio
[color="#FF0000"]
[/size
]

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Nov 5 2012, 02:31 AM
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Nov 4 2012, 11:01 PM) *
this reminds me so much of our beloved president (Obama )

AMEN, sir....

Chris Farley ~ Tommy Boy

"Course I can get a hell of a good look at a t-bone steak by sticking my head up a bull’s ass, but I’d rather take a butcher’s word for it."

How true... biggrin.gif

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Nov 5 2012, 09:02 PM
Instructor
Here is one of my favorites!! By John Lennon

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 6 2012, 09:00 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Nov 5 2012, 08:02 PM) *

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”

This one is epic! I remember that I wrote it down when I first heard it smile.gif

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Nov 10 2012, 10:45 PM
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Nov 5 2012, 08:02 PM) *

I like this one!

Don't do anything by half. If you love someone, love them with all your soul. When you go to work, work your ass off. When you hate someone, hate them until it hurts.
-Henry Rollins

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Nov 11 2012, 10:10 AM
Instructor
Here is a funny quote smile.gif
"Life was so much easier when Apple and Blackberry were just fruits "

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Nov 11 2012, 11:02 AM
You all know my favourite

"Heavy Metal Or NO METAL at all!!!"

by You know who!! smile.gif

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Nov 11 2012, 11:41 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Nov 11 2012, 11:02 AM) *
You all know my favourite

"Heavy Metal Or NO METAL at all!!!"

by You know who!! smile.gif

metal sucks laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 11 2012, 11:47 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (vonhotch @ Nov 10 2012, 09:45 PM) *
I like this one!

Don't do anything by half. If you love someone, love them with all your soul. When you go to work, work your ass off. When you hate someone, hate them until it hurts.
-Henry Rollins

Anything Mr. Rollins says is golden usually biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 11 2012, 02:51 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Nov 11 2012, 09:10 AM) *
"Life was so much easier when Apple and Blackberry were just fruits "

laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 11 2012, 08:34 PM
Instructor
Yes sir! Just posted this today on FB and about 40 people agree with me biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Nov 12 2012, 06:13 PM
Instructor
I like this one!

-Henry Rollins

This is a very good one!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 12 2012, 07:33 PM
Instructor
I like this one!

-Henry Rollins

This sounds just like Zen !

Do everything to the fullest... also ties in to what Cosmin was referring to with his Zanshin thread

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=46699

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 13 2012, 09:51 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Nov 12 2012, 06:33 PM) *
This sounds just like Zen !

Do everything to the fullest... also ties in to what Cosmin was referring to with his Zanshin thread

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=46699

Thank you Sir! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:39 AM