3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Divinus Mortus:, Global Collaborative
Todd Simpson
Jan 5 2013, 08:38 AM
GMC:er
Great minds think alike! smile.gif Villes track is the next one I'm going to work on!

Todd

QUOTE (vonhotch @ Jan 2 2013, 08:20 PM) *
Thanks. Glad you are liking it. The fxs made a ton of difference. I'm really liking the other tracks too. Especially Ville's first track.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Jan 13 2013, 02:23 AM
I added this track to my Dropbox. What do you guys think? I am pretty happy with it because it's the first drum track I've done completely without preprogrammed beats. It's got eq, compression, and reverb. I think some of the fx's might need some tweeks, but as a whole I really like it.
https://soundcloud.com/vonhotch/divinusmortus3/s-IaE9i

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 14 2013, 08:25 PM
Nice! You did all that BY HAND? FROM SCRATCH? No drag and drop whatsoever? I must say that's impressive. I"ve made beats that way before and it honestly took me quite a bit of effort. I do find that the stock beats are often close but not quite what I"m looking for. When I'm working on a track, I"ll typically start with something close and then end up having to rebuild it to make it match the accents of what I"m playing.

Did you upload the reaper project as well? I'd like to take a look at your settings on your channel strip to see what you working with on the fx. Nice job smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (vonhotch @ Jan 12 2013, 08:23 PM) *
I added this track to my Dropbox. What do you guys think? I am pretty happy with it because it's the first drum track I've done completely without preprogrammed beats. It's got eq, compression, and reverb. I think some of the fx's might need some tweeks, but as a whole I really like it.
https://soundcloud.com/vonhotch/divinusmortus3/s-IaE9i

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Jan 15 2013, 01:09 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 14 2013, 07:25 PM) *
Nice! You did all that BY HAND? FROM SCRATCH? No drag and drop whatsoever? I must say that's impressive. I"ve made beats that way before and it honestly took me quite a bit of effort. I do find that the stock beats are often close but not quite what I"m looking for. When I'm working on a track, I"ll typically start with something close and then end up having to rebuild it to make it match the accents of what I"m playing.

Did you upload the reaper project as well? I'd like to take a look at your settings on your channel strip to see what you working with on the fx. Nice job smile.gif

Todd

Yes, I uploaded the reaper file too. But for some reason whenever I save my drums it always opens with the same default kit, (is it that way for everybody?) but I did this with the drum kit from hell. And thanks, I always had problems finding stock beats that went together I would find two that I wanted to put together but the tempo or something just seemed off. Once I figured out where eigth, quarter, etc.. notes were on the roll it started to make sense and I don't think it took me any longer to pull the beats out of my head than to search for something close to what I wanted. I'm curious to see what you have to say about my settings. It sounds better than none but some of the drums especially the toms to me seem a little lifeless. Something still seems off. Even through my cheap headphones. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 16 2013, 04:17 AM
I'll check it out and give you some feedback. smile.gif The drum kit defaulting back happens to me too, I usually have to go in an d manually load DFH each time. It's a pain, but not a huge pain. smile.gif

Todd
QUOTE (vonhotch @ Jan 14 2013, 07:09 PM) *
Yes, I uploaded the reaper file too. But for some reason whenever I save my drums it always opens with the same default kit, (is it that way for everybody?) but I did this with the drum kit from hell. And thanks, I always had problems finding stock beats that went together I would find two that I wanted to put together but the tempo or something just seemed off. Once I figured out where eigth, quarter, etc.. notes were on the roll it started to make sense and I don't think it took me any longer to pull the beats out of my head than to search for something close to what I wanted. I'm curious to see what you have to say about my settings. It sounds better than none but some of the drums especially the toms to me seem a little lifeless. Something still seems off. Even through my cheap headphones. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 28 2013, 09:40 PM
Finally getting back to DIVINUS!!! It's been a while. Glad to have a moment to work on it again! I"ve been listening to drums by VILLE and WOW!!! NICE!!!!!!!!

I uploaded them to SOUNDCLOUD for a preview. What do you guys think? I'm thinking this might be our first tune!!!

https://soundcloud.com/techniqueswithtodd/divinus-mortis-villes-drums

*I don't have EZ Mix and a couple of other plugs, but the Midi programming is top notch!!!!

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Mar 1 2013, 02:03 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Feb 28 2013, 08:40 PM) *
Finally getting back to DIVINUS!!! It's been a while. Glad to have a moment to work on it again! I"ve been listening to drums by VILLE and WOW!!! NICE!!!!!!!!

I uploaded them to SOUNDCLOUD for a preview. What do you guys think? I'm thinking this might be our first tune!!!

https://soundcloud.com/techniqueswithtodd/divinus-mortis-villes-drums

*I don't have EZ Mix and a couple of other plugs, but the Midi programming is top notch!!!!

I really like this track! It's got my vote!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 4 2013, 04:38 AM
I took a shot at replacing all of the Non standard plugins in the original reaper project from VILLE with Reaper native plugins Anyone still up for it, download the project file and take a look.

*VILLE has done a KILLER job in creating this track and its done using the very spiff method of assigning a track to each drum sound. This is FAR superior to letting it live on just one stereo track since it allows you to put fx/eq etc. on individual tracks which results in more control and better sound.

https://soundcloud.com/techniqueswithtodd/divinus-mortis-reaperfx-drums

Here is the new reaper file as a zip.

Attached File  2_3_13.zip ( 2.19MB ) Number of downloads: 69

VON HOTCH RYTHM?

VONHOTCH, as a fellow 7 STRING player, I wanted to see if you were up for handling this rythm part?

https://soundcloud.com/techniqueswithtodd/divinus-mortus-7-string-rythm

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Mar 4 2013, 05:53 AM

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Mar 4 2013, 07:33 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
Wooo hooo!! That drum track is pretty radical! biggrin.gif It makes me wish I still had a kit set up in the garage to bash around on and burn up some excess energy! tongue.gif Nice job Ville, sounds really good man!

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Mar 5 2013, 12:14 AM
You got it! I am all over it!
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Mar 4 2013, 03:38 AM) *
I took a shot at replacing all of the Non standard plugins in the original reaper project from VILLE with Reaper native plugins Anyone still up for it, download the project file and take a look.

*VILLE has done a KILLER job in creating this track and its done using the very spiff method of assigning a track to each drum sound. This is FAR superior to letting it live on just one stereo track since it allows you to put fx/eq etc. on individual tracks which results in more control and better sound.

VON HOTCH RYTHM?

VONHOTCH, as a fellow 7 STRING player, I wanted to see if you were up for handling this rythm part?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 5 2013, 12:28 AM
Cool smile.gif I'll tab it out and feel free to modify it and add to it. smile.gif It's got a bit of a stretch in in and requires some of our semi insane picking but after all the Vid chats i think you are more than ready!

QUOTE (vonhotch @ Mar 4 2013, 06:14 PM) *
You got it! I am all over it!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 5 2013, 01:44 AM
VONHOTCH: Do you have any 7 string Guitar Pro Templates? My Guitar Pro installation won't actually let me make new documents, the NEW menu is perpetually blank for some reason so I have to edit old ones. I may need to reinstall. IT also seems to crash alot recently. Have you had any issues with it?

Here is the rythm done as a six string bit. Just start on 7 (low cool.gif to transpose smile.gif

Attached File  Divinus1_7stringRythm.gpx ( 15.36K ) Number of downloads: 78

Attached File  Divinus1_7stringRythm.gp5 ( 1.87K ) Number of downloads: 59

Attached Image

Todd

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Mar 5 2013, 01:49 AM

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Mar 5 2013, 01:59 AM
Sweet! Fun lick! I have not had any problems with Guitar pro...I use Tux. biggrin.gif But I have not had a problem writing 7 string tab with it. Here is a blank 7 string file. Let me know if it works for you.

This post has been edited by vonhotch: Mar 6 2013, 12:36 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Blank_7_tab.gp5 ( 1.39K ) Number of downloads: 54

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 6 2013, 09:43 PM
Thanks!!! It opens just fine. Handy!!!! I'll make another tab for that lick smile.gif

QUOTE (vonhotch @ Mar 4 2013, 07:59 PM) *
Sweet! Fun lick! I have not had any problems with Guitar pro...I use Tux. biggrin.gif But I have not had a problem writing 7 string tab with it. Here is a blank 7 string file. Let me know if it works for you.

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Mar 15 2013, 02:21 AM
I can't seem to get the reaper file to work when I try to open it, and I can't seem to find the original in the dropbox folder. It says it has some stuff I don't have and won't play?

[indent][/indent]
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Mar 4 2013, 03:38 AM) *

VON HOTCH RYTHM?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 16 2013, 03:41 AM
Well darn!! Try this one I"m putting it in a zip file. I"ve pulled out the plugins that most folks don't have and included the new guitar part.

Attached File  March_15_2013.zip ( 4.72MB ) Number of downloads: 58

Shoot me a pm if you can on MORTUS stuff just to make sure I don't miss the post if possible smile.gif Let me knw if this project works!!!

Todd

QUOTE (vonhotch @ Mar 14 2013, 09:21 PM) *
I can't seem to get the reaper file to work when I try to open it, and I can't seem to find the original in the dropbox folder. It says it has some stuff I don't have and won't play?

[indent][/indent]

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 21 2013, 05:45 AM
Attached File  VST_EZ_DRUM_VERSION_NEW.zip ( 2.11MB ) Number of downloads: 79

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Mar 29 2013, 01:30 PM
I was messing around with the track and was playing this riff over the beginning. This is the tab I will try to record a sample this weekend, see what you guys think.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  DivMorSec1Riff.gp5 ( 4.46K ) Number of downloads: 56

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 17 2013, 06:58 AM
VONHOTCH has put together a way spiff riffage chunk for our first bit!!!! Give it a listen.

http://soundcloud.com/vonhotch/roughtrack1/s-9iNgO

QUOTE (vonhotch @ Mar 29 2013, 08:30 AM) *
I was messing around with the track and was playing this riff over the beginning. This is the tab I will try to record a sample this weekend, see what you guys think.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 3 2013, 05:38 AM
FREE SOFTWARE FOR USE ON OUR COLLABORATIVE PROJECT:

I wanted to share some free downloadables with you guys. Here is a FREE copy of

EZ MIX 2 LITE

and

EX DRUMMER LITE

That way without buying anything we can all use the same drumming program and the same version of EZ mix for spicing up various bits.

We are still using REAPER as our DAW so these two are our first standardized plugins to add in as part of our "Project Install".

Here are the download links:

Download

https://www.toontrack.com/products.asp?item=24&ermsg=1
http://www.toontrack.com/products.asp?item=180

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:34 AM