Lesson Teaser!
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 20 2014, 11:52 AM
GMC Founder
As some of you know , I have recently got a [better] studio room.

This week I have started tweaking it for video recording and I have also started working on a new GMC lesson.

Those of you have attended my chat sessions might recognise some of the licks =)

Btw thanks Monica for your lesson suggestion - it inspired me to try and put together something shorter and more manageable (for me). This one is obviously not very beginner friendly at all, but there are more to come!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 20 2014, 11:55 AM
Instructor
Ooooh yeah this is what we need - more, more !

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
bleez
Jun 20 2014, 01:01 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
yes... all of that stuff biggrin.gif awesome!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jun 20 2014, 01:29 PM
Instructor
Your videos were always one of the most attractive in the web smile.gif Would be awesome to see some more lessons from You smile.gif

+Quote Post
Amitai Kedmi
Jun 20 2014, 02:49 PM
Learning Rock Star
Very awesome Kristofer! And enjoy the new room smile.gif

I'll be waiting for the easier ones laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jun 20 2014, 03:38 PM
GMC:er
Great news Kris, a new lesson from our Leader!!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 20 2014, 06:12 PM
Instructor
The thing that I like from the guys playing on that video is that he always sounds like him. Every time I hear something new by Kristofer Dahl, it sounds like Kristofer Dahl. Your music reflects your own personality and that makes it unique and refreshing.

I have a new suggestion for you. A series of lessons called "How to find your own voice".

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Jun 20 2014, 06:46 PM
Learning Tone Master
This sounds very awesome!!!!! And yes you have right it's more manageable... for you biggrin.gif I guess next time I will ask for something level -3 biggrin.gif
Now seriously, what you played it sounds really Wow and you put there very cool licks. I will try to modify some of your ideas and make them for an easy level wink.gif
I hardly wait to see what you will prepare for next time smile.gif Show must go on!!!

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Jun 21 2014, 06:54 AM
Learning Roadie
Maybe a series of lessons on How to find your own facial expressions!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
Jun 21 2014, 07:21 AM
I love your style Kris.Looking forward to seeing the full lesson smile.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 21 2014, 08:28 AM
GMC Founder
You people are way too kind wub.gif

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 20 2014, 07:12 PM) *
I have a new suggestion for you. A series of lessons called "How to find your own voice".

I would say the trick is simple, be inspired by things (I am purposely not saying music) that are far from what others a listening to. With that I don't mean learn the licks of Vito Bratta instead of Van Halen. Rather go see an awesome sunset, and while experiencing it see if you can hear any music in your head (or some cool guitar phrases).

In Sweden we have regular guard parades - their drumming moves a lot of air and can be impressive ph34r.gif Listen to it and see if you can hear any killer riffs over it.

If the above seems way off, then at least go find some exotic music from obscurer parts of the world. I find that as long as the production (sound) is ok, it is easy to enjoy music from anywhere - provided the songs are well written. And since there is so much music produced everywhere, usually what come through 'the buzz' is pretty good.

However if the sound is bad, I can't even enjoy the best of classical music (I am particularly think about sucky orchestra recordings).

Finally - and please don't hate me for saying this - if you are getting your inspiration from modern music, what is being played on the radio is often the best produced and well written songs. Of course we may hate other aspects (such as all those silly electronically instruments and make up pop girls/boys). However I think it is very rare that a modern hit song does not have something fresh to it. So for example: if you're a metal head and can analyse and isolate the innovative aspects of Rihanna's music - then you have a great advantage over other metal heads.

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Jun 21 2014, 07:54 AM) *
Maybe a series of lessons on How to find your own facial expressions!

Now that's even easier, go get yourself a really bad bartwurst mit sauerkraut and video record yourself while eating. Watch back the tape and try to imitate yourself.

If your family situation allows it, have someone else eat for you. This way you will spend less energy on digestion, and you will be able to see exactly how the different food ingredients affect your family's facial expressions.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jeroen
Jun 21 2014, 08:30 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jun 21 2014, 09:22 AM) *
You people are way too kind wub.gif

Kris, your playing is very good, far out of my comfort zone. I should be learning this kind of fresh stuff, just don't know if I'm up to such a challenge.. So I guess I stick with my usual metal, because there is way to much to learn there first..

smile.gif

This post has been edited by Jeroen: Jun 21 2014, 10:46 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hajduk
Jun 21 2014, 08:36 AM
Learning Rock Star
Awesome Kris, cant wait for the lesson smile.gif

--------------------
Tomislav

+Quote Post
Jeroen
Jun 21 2014, 11:47 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Kris, you have member number 2, but who actually has member number 1 ??? Just wondering because you are the founder of GMC, you should have member no. 1

cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Spock
Jun 21 2014, 02:10 PM
Very entertaining videos - I especially enjoy your sense of humor +100 on top of the already Gawd Awesome playing.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:58 PM