Orange Opc Musician's Personal Computer
vonhotch
Jan 9 2013, 05:07 PM
GMC:er
Have been wanting to upgrade my computer and saw this article. Has anyone seen this. I thought it looked pretty sweet.

http://www.guitarworld.com/review-orange-o...omputer#slide-1

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 7)
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 10 2013, 11:31 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Hhehheheheh I wouldn't mind if my computer looked like this smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Jan 11 2013, 01:28 AM
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Jan 10 2013, 10:31 PM) *
Hhehheheheh I wouldn't mind if my computer looked like this smile.gif

Right, if nothing else it definitely looks cool! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 11 2013, 06:59 AM

I saw two of these rigs @ the ORANGE distribution center here in Atlanta. They were both in need of repair evidently and had been sent back. I gotta say it's a really cool idea and a great frame for a guitar player smile.gif But from what I"ve heard, they do run a bit hot and sometimes, fail under load.

Todd

QUOTE (vonhotch @ Jan 9 2013, 11:07 AM) *
Have been wanting to upgrade my computer and saw this article. Has anyone seen this. I thought it looked pretty sweet.

http://www.guitarworld.com/review-orange-o...omputer#slide-1

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Jan 11 2013, 07:25 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 11 2013, 05:59 AM) *
I saw two of these rigs @ the ORANGE distribution center here in Atlanta. They were both in need of repair evidently and had been sent back. I gotta say it's a really cool idea and a great frame for a guitar player smile.gif But from what I"ve heard, they do run a bit hot and sometimes, fail under load.

Todd

Interesting. That is one thing I noticed looking at the picture that it did not seem to look as well ventilated as a regular computer case.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ConnorGilks
Jan 13 2013, 02:58 AM
I won't lie, I've been tempted to buy one, but I'd much rather just have the case and put it on my current PC. biggrin.gif

"500GB Hard DIsk Drive;
4GB DDR3 1600Mhz
OPC Instrument Interface 24bit, 96hz ULTRA low latency
2 independent ¼" jack inputs for guitar, microphone or instrument, switchable and attenuated
High-gain Wireless B/G/N
Optical & Coaxial S/PDIF outputs
Intel® Core™ i3-540 Processor (4M Cache, 3.06 GHz)
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
Stereo Amplifier with 2 x JBL 6.5"Dual Concentric drivers"

Not bad, but I bought a Dell with 8GB of RAM, 1TB of Hard Drive Space and quad core processor for like $1,200. This computer is $1,500. You could probably build your own PC to specs better than my own and still be well under $1,000.

This post has been edited by ConnorGilks: Jan 13 2013, 03:03 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Jan 13 2013, 07:19 PM
QUOTE (ConnorGilks @ Jan 13 2013, 01:58 AM) *
I won't lie, I've been tempted to buy one, but I'd much rather just have the case and put it on my current PC. biggrin.gif

"500GB Hard DIsk Drive;
4GB DDR3 1600Mhz
OPC Instrument Interface 24bit, 96hz ULTRA low latency
2 independent ¼" jack inputs for guitar, microphone or instrument, switchable and attenuated
High-gain Wireless B/G/N
Optical & Coaxial S/PDIF outputs
Intel® Core™ i3-540 Processor (4M Cache, 3.06 GHz)
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
Stereo Amplifier with 2 x JBL 6.5"Dual Concentric drivers"

Not bad, but I bought a Dell with 8GB of RAM, 1TB of Hard Drive Space and quad core processor for like $1,200. This computer is $1,500. You could probably build your own PC to specs better than my own and still be well under $1,000.

Yea, I think you are right. Just something about it, it's a cool gimmick.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ConnorGilks
Jan 13 2013, 10:26 PM
Oh definitely, I agree. I'm not saying it's not a great computer for recording, and even a USEFUL gimmick, but it just isn't worth $1,500 (to me). If you want to get it though, the specs are quite nice.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:48 PM