Finally!, New equipment on the way......
Sabbz
Jan 24 2008, 08:15 PM
GMC:er
So, I paid off my SA account over a week ago. I've been racking my brain, trying to figure out what equipment to buy now. I finally decided on some recording gear, and logged on to SA to order the stuff. After spending 2+ hours of scouring the site looking for the right equipment, I went to place the order and entered my card number, and it was a no go. I called the credit company to find out exactly wth was going on. I was told their 'security dept.' puts "random holds" on checks for large amounts, and would have to wait up to 2 weeks to have it lifted. Well, I sent the stupid check in over a week ago, so I figured I'd give them a couple of days. I called today and it still wasn't lifted, so I asked to talk to a supervisor. Waited on hold for nearly 15 minutes, before someone finally answered. After jumping thru the hoops like a circus seal for the retard supervisor, I finally told her that they can either lift the stupid hold, or I could close my account. Since I can drive to the local music store and get anything I wanted financed with no problem, it was up to them if they wanted anymore of my money, or not. Threatening to take potential money away from people usually works and as I figured, they lifted the hold. So by Saturday, I'll be receiving the following junk:

Boss DR670 drum machine

5 sets of .11 gauge Boomers

Line 6 Toneport UX2

an acoustic humidifier, some guitar care stuff and an adapter for the drum machine.

And I still have enough left to get more junk, possibly a mid grade guitar, later. wink.gif

I'm now a happy man. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear I wish I still owned:
Schecter C-S1 Elite
Ovation CC48
Peavey 6505+ HS
Dunlop DB01 Crybaby From Hell
MXR KFK 10 Band EQ
EHX Holy Grail + Stereo Memory Man
MXR Smart Gate
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 24 2008, 08:18 PM
Instructor
Nice purchasing AND talk to supervisor,like it,congrats!! biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
kyldeee
Jan 24 2008, 08:19 PM
smile.gif I wish I could afford to buy new stuff, I could really use a Toneport or som' smile.gif

--------------------

Music really is a way to reach out and hold on to each other in a healthy way.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post
Sabbz
Jan 24 2008, 08:27 PM
QUOTE (Muris @ Jan 24 2008, 02:18 PM) *
Nice purchasing AND talk to supervisor,like it,congrats!! biggrin.gif

Thanks man. I'm the kind of person that doesn't take crap from anyone. I've lost count of the times that I've either been kicked out of somewhere, nearly arrested or simply embarrassed the hell out of my wife because I felt like I was being treated unfairly or someone was trying to take advantage of me. laugh.gif

QUOTE (kyldeee @ Jan 24 2008, 02:19 PM) *
smile.gif I wish I could afford to buy new stuff, I could really use a Toneport or som' smile.gif

Man, I never said I could afford it......I just said I was getting it. laugh.gif It's unfortunate that playing the guitar is such an expensive habit.

--------------------
Schecter C-S1 Elite
Ovation CC48
Peavey 6505+ HS
MXR KFK 10 Band EQ
MXR Smart Gate

+Quote Post
chast
Jan 24 2008, 08:35 PM
Learning Roadie
A drum machine, I am jealous!
I am waiting for some reviews now tongue.gif

--------------------
"They play it extremely fast, it doesn't make any sense, but it's Slayer so it makes a lot of sense" :)

+Quote Post
kyldeee
Jan 24 2008, 08:37 PM
QUOTE (Sabbz @ Jan 24 2008, 09:27 PM) *
Man, I never said I could afford it......I just said I was getting it. laugh.gif It's unfortunate that playing the guitar is such an expensive habit.

Yeah, it sure is laugh.gif

--------------------

Music really is a way to reach out and hold on to each other in a healthy way.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post
JakeDalton
Jan 24 2008, 09:47 PM
QUOTE (Sabbz @ Jan 24 2008, 12:15 PM) *
So, I paid off my SA account over a week ago. I've been racking my brain, trying to figure out what equipment to buy now. I finally decided on some recording gear, and logged on to SA to order the stuff. After spending 2+ hours of scouring the site looking for the right equipment, I went to place the order and entered my card number, and it was a no go. I called the credit company to find out exactly wth was going on. I was told their 'security dept.' puts "random holds" on checks for large amounts, and would have to wait up to 2 weeks to have it lifted. Well, I sent the stupid check in over a week ago, so I figured I'd give them a couple of days. I called today and it still wasn't lifted, so I asked to talk to a supervisor. Waited on hold for nearly 15 minutes, before someone finally answered. After jumping thru the hoops like a circus seal for the retard supervisor, I finally told her that they can either lift the stupid hold, or I could close my account. Since I can drive to the local music store and get anything I wanted financed with no problem, it was up to them if they wanted anymore of my money, or not. Threatening to take potential money away from people usually works and as I figured, they lifted the hold. So by Saturday, I'll be receiving the following junk:

Boss DR670 drum machine

5 sets of .11 gauge Boomers

Line 6 Toneport UX2

an acoustic humidifier, some guitar care stuff and an adapter for the drum machine.

And I still have enough left to get more junk, possibly a mid grade guitar, later. wink.gif

I'm now a happy man. smile.gif

Very nice!! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Goliath
Jan 24 2008, 11:11 PM
Hey wanna hear a joke?

I started playing guitar again as a hobby that didn't involve running up bartabs thinking it'd be "inexpensive".

In about a year and a half I have spent 4k on gear, with plans to drop another 2k in the next year @_@

Congrats on your purchases.

--------------------
"King V" enthusiast

+Quote Post
Owen
Jan 24 2008, 11:20 PM
QUOTE (Goliath @ Jan 24 2008, 02:11 PM) *
Hey wanna hear a joke?

I started playing guitar again as a hobby that didn't involve running up bartabs thinking it'd be "inexpensive".

In about a year and a half I have spent 4k on gear, with plans to drop another 2k in the next year @_@

Go you! I completely encourage your fiscal irresponsibility (as long as it involves the purchase of more guitar related gear!) laugh.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
Sabbz
Jan 24 2008, 11:31 PM
QUOTE (Goliath @ Jan 24 2008, 05:11 PM) *
Hey wanna hear a joke?

LOL I'm sorta in the same boat. I started playing when I was like 15, and played in bands and whatnot for quite a few years. Then after a combination of my son being born and the fact that it's a virtual impossibility to find decent musicians to play with around here, who are the least bit serious and being sick of all the BS associated with it, I sold all my equipment and decided it best just to devote myself to being a parent. So I quit playing full time for nearly 10 years. I'd pick up a guitar here and there and dick around with it, but that was the extent of it.

Then about 5 yrs ago, my dad died suddenly and needless to say, it completely turned my life upside down. So I knew that playing music had gotten me thru some hard times before, so I was talking to my mom about it, and she bought me a new guitar and amp. Nothing expensive, but it got me back into the groove. Since then, I've probably went thru 4-5 grand on equipment. Upgrading this, and needing that to improve tone, or trying to get that certain tone gets expensive as hell, so I know where you're coming from. laugh.gif

And I still have to spend another $80 or so on preamp tubes next week. laugh.gif

--------------------
Schecter C-S1 Elite
Ovation CC48
Peavey 6505+ HS
MXR KFK 10 Band EQ
MXR Smart Gate

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Jan 25 2008, 01:12 AM
Instructor

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 25 2008, 03:41 PM
Instructor
Congratulations man. You will be delightet with Toneport my friend! wink.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Sabbz
Jan 25 2008, 05:23 PM
QUOTE (Milenkovic Ivan @ Jan 25 2008, 09:41 AM) *
Congratulations man. You will be delightet with Toneport my friend! wink.gif

I'm looking forward to it. I was using Adobe Audition to record with, but then my old laptop died on me and I lost all of my recordings. I bought a new laptop, but after installing Audition, I found out that it doesn't seem to want to jive with the Vista drivers for the soundcard. (Vista blows, for those of you that don't know, yet.) I wanted to format the drive and install XP, but the &%#*holes that I bought it from, told me that would void my warranty. mad.gif I learned a long time ago that PC manufacturers are going to screw you some way or another. That's why I build my own pc's. I just wish they had the stuff on the market to build your own laptop at a reasonable price. But that's OT.

--------------------
Schecter C-S1 Elite
Ovation CC48
Peavey 6505+ HS
MXR KFK 10 Band EQ
MXR Smart Gate

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 05:48 PM