The Best Of The Three Worlds...
Rated Htr
Sep 8 2008, 02:02 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Already have a Fender American Stratocaster, have a cheap Ibanez and now, my eyes are on Gibson's Les Pauls... smile.gif
The question is, which one would suit me best? I Usually play lots of metal related things, more for melodic and power metal...

Any suggestions?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
OrganisedConfusi...
Sep 8 2008, 02:06 PM
GMC:er
Not a Les Paul smile.gif

But that's me tongue.gif

I'd get a Caparison for that sort of money for power metal. But I did that anyway biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Sep 8 2008, 02:11 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Yeah, I'm opened to other suggestions as well... smile.gif
So I can go try of course ;D

--------------------
Currently Practicing

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Sep 8 2008, 02:17 PM
QUOTE (Rated Htr @ Sep 8 2008, 02:11 PM) *
Yeah, I'm opened to other suggestions as well... smile.gif
So I can go try of course ;D

I know Marcus plays Gibson Les Paul's for metal music but I prefer other guitars for metal personally. I guess it's best just to try loads out and see which you think sounds the best for the metal you like.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Sep 8 2008, 02:24 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Yeah, but the question is our local shop is now full of gibson les pauls, and it's kinda hard going there and asking to experiment all of them so I wanted like, 3 ideas so I can base of the experiment smile.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Sep 8 2008, 02:26 PM
Instructor
Les Paul is my choice

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Sep 8 2008, 02:27 PM
Experienced Rock Star
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Sep 8 2008, 02:26 PM) *
Les Paul is my choice

You mean Standard?

--------------------
Currently Practicing

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Sep 8 2008, 02:48 PM
I literally two days ago bought a Gibson Les Paul Standard with a AA Desertburst finish and Burstbuckers....I'm trying it out to really FIGURE it all out then I'm going to do a review of it.

+Quote Post
Danilo Capezzuto
Sep 8 2008, 03:05 PM
Instructor
Just try more guitar you can! I think les Paul are great but you can find other brands who'll fit you better...try some MusicMan and some ESP too. You Are the metal...not the guitar! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Sep 8 2008, 07:07 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Les Paul Standard should be awesome , so why don't you go there and try it out..That's the best way to see if it suits you..

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Sep 8 2008, 08:12 PM
Experienced Rock Star
QUOTE (Danilo Capezzuto @ Sep 8 2008, 03:05 PM) *
Just try more guitar you can! I think les Paul are great but you can find other brands who'll fit you better...try some MusicMan and some ESP too. You Are the metal...not the guitar! biggrin.gif

Musicman they don't have, I really wanted to try some ESPs but don't know where sad.gif..So since they have gibson now, I wanna try them, so I really wanted atleast 3 gibsons to compare =)

--------------------
Currently Practicing

+Quote Post
MattE
Sep 8 2008, 08:14 PM
The Caparison Dellinger II (I think the II) is a great metal guitar (but very pricey)
ESP and Schecter also have good reputations for being metal-friendly

It's all a matter of personal preference. Try them out biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Sep 8 2008, 08:38 PM
Instructor
What's your price range? Schecter also makes good metal-guitars, and you get your moneys worth. But Les Pauls are great for metal with their Mahogany-bodys, so in my opinion they suit for that kind of playing very well (aswell as every other style too).

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 8 2008, 09:17 PM
Instructor
LP is a great guitar, you really won't make a mistake buying one. As you already have Strat and Ibanez, next step is probably LP. But go into store and try out several LP models, I'm sure you will find one of them good. It is a heavy guitar for some serious heavy tone smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
kjutte
Sep 8 2008, 09:19 PM
QUOTE (Rated Htr @ Sep 8 2008, 03:02 PM) *
Already have a Fender American Stratocaster, have a cheap Ibanez and now, my eyes are on Gibson's Les Pauls... smile.gif
The question is, which one would suit me best? I Usually play lots of metal related things, more for melodic and power metal...

Any suggestions?

get a better ibanez or put a humbucker into the strat in bridge.

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Sep 8 2008, 09:46 PM
Experienced Rock Star
QUOTE (Toni Suominen @ Sep 8 2008, 08:38 PM) *
What's your price range? Schecter also makes good metal-guitars, and you get your moneys worth. But Les Pauls are great for metal with their Mahogany-bodys, so in my opinion they suit for that kind of playing very well (aswell as every other style too).

For now, I don't have a problem with prices, but later after I've seen all my options I'll make the counts

--------------------
Currently Practicing

+Quote Post
jacmoe
Sep 8 2008, 09:51 PM
The best off the three worlds would probably be PRS. smile.gif

--------------------
QUOTE ("Steve Vai")
Start by playing something - a bend, a riff, a scale, a song - very slowly; if you make a mistake, start over; do this over and over, until you can play it flawlessly - and I do mean flawlessly - many times in a row. Next, gradually increase the tempo. Eventually you'll be flailing like a madman.

+Quote Post
Noangels
Sep 8 2008, 09:58 PM
Get a LP,either classic or standard.I have a classic that is used as the main workhorse these days as it works so well with a screaming tube amp.clean or mean,their tones are superb and suitable for any style of music you care to throw at it

The standards are another great model.I played one a couple of years ago in a local music shop and I was very impressed with its build and tone.Playability is as always outstanding,and the short scale length makes it even easier on the fingers

One thing you may have to watch out for is the pick up selector switch being on the top of the body.It can be easy to knock into the middle posistion when your tapping shapes up and down the neck

--------------------
Ibanez geo and a line 6 spider

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Sep 9 2008, 12:05 AM
Instructor
mmm if you play metal you can also try JACKSON, I prefer ESP, (I'm not too happy with Ibanez lately...).
Caparison would be a good one.

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Sep 9 2008, 12:43 AM
Experienced Rock Star
Well, I think most of you are missing the objective...I like ESP, Jackson and everything, but here in my city, I have a very tiny shop, that only has gibsons, some fenders and some other less known mark, since I already have a fender, I wanted to try some gibsons, I would love to try jacksons, esps and even those caparisons, but right now, I don't know how laugh.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 08:18 AM