> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

161 Pages V  « < 21 22 23 24 25 > »   
Phil66's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 9 2015, 02:03 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil, yes, this is the correct list of intervals for the current assignment. If would be a good idea if you create your own assignments to keep on training your ear to recognize major and minor triads using different inversions.

About the texts, yes, I received both but I didn't have time to read them yet. Too much work and rehearsals. I'll do it as soon as I could. Thank you for sharing it!

Feel free to share an update on Frusciante's lesson during the weekend. wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 9 2015, 09:16 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Thanks Gab,

I will try to create my own but I may look at THIS instead. What do you think?

I know I said I'd post a take at the weekend and I'm sorry to be a pest, I know you are very busy but, if you have time, can you give me some ideas on how to improve this please? I can never seem to get the timing right all the way through and it is out in different places every time. I can't see me ever getting it spot on consistently.

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/frusciante-09102015

Thank you Gab

Update,

I've been using that site I mentioned above and find it very good. I've been pretty good at recognising major or minor triads but the ones below sound different to my ears to what they actually are.. I wonder if maybe you can tell me why? Maybe there is something about certain triads that confuses my ears? I've only used triads in the root position for now.

This sounds minor to me.

This sounds major to me.

SUNDAY UPDATE:

Sorry Gab, had a crazy day today and I've been trying to sort THIS out as I really want to develop that track for a relaxation CD for my mom.

Cheers buddy.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Phil66: Oct 11 2015, 09:09 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 12 2015, 12:06 AM
Instructor
Hi mate! I'm back from a gig around 700 kilometers from home. smile.gif

I'm checking the stuff that you've shared here. Frusciante's lesson is sounding good! I don't notice really important timing issues, there are just a few and I think that time will heal them. Also, I feel that your bending could sound more natural and it's a matter of days to be able to play it more naturally. As soon as you don't have to think too much on them, you'll start to feel them, and things will sound smoother. Just keep on playing the lesson every day, with these things in mind, but patiently.

Good to find that site for ear training, it's always good to have any kind of software to dedicate some time to this topic. The two intervals that you've shared are the first major and the second minor. There are no reasons that come to mind of why you confuse them but maybe working on these shapes could be good. Play these shapes on guitar, and switch from major to minor to get familiar to the sound. Then record yourself playing both from different roots and then try to recognize by ear what you've played.

I'll check that other thread that you've started. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 12 2015, 08:26 PM
Thanks Gab,

I hope the gig was good and worth the journey smile.gif I'd buy a live DVD of yours if you bring one out, of course it must be signed by the band wink.gif

I'll keep on playing the Frusciante lesson. I know this is a big learning about learning project at the moment and I am not getting bored of it yet smile.gif

I'll share that site on the ear training thread if that's ok with you?

Cheers buddy

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 13 2015, 01:15 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Oct 12 2015, 04:26 PM) *
I hope the gig was good and worth the journey smile.gif I'd buy a live DVD of yours if you bring one out, of course it must be signed by the band wink.gif

We will film our first oficial DVD on November 13th. The show will be done with a 12 piece strings Orchestra. smile.gif

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Oct 12 2015, 04:26 PM) *
I'll share that site on the ear training thread if that's ok with you?

Sure! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 14 2015, 09:16 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 13 2015, 01:15 PM) *
We will film our first oficial DVD on November 13th. The show will be done with a 12 piece strings Orchestra. smile.gif

If you let me know the cost inc P&P I'd like a signed copy if that's possible please when they're ready smile.gif

OK I've done a video, I have done better recordings this week but I need to get more REC experience. I've actually done better videos than this but I knew I wasn't going to post them to REC so I was more relaxed. I have actually posted this to REC so that I could record a video KNOWING it was going to be judged. I hope this makes sense mate unsure.gif

Here it is, rip it apart. I'm not happy with it but it's the best I could do with REC button syndrome biggrin.gif You will notice I am a little tense unsure.gif

Cheers Gab

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 15 2015, 02:27 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil! Good timing on this video! It's awesome to see how much your playing has improved thanks to this lesson, congrats friend! smile.gif

Your bends are VERY close on this one but not perfect yet. I think that you are not using the other fingers enough in order to help the one that is bending. Please isolate the 3 bends and practice them as a loop over the backing, use more the fingers 1 and 2 to help the one that is bending. The same concept can be used to make your vibrato more consistent.

About relaxation, keep on recording for REC and you'll feel more and more relaxed. smile.gif

Keep on the hard work!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 19 2015, 08:34 PM
Thanks Gab,

Sorry I haven't updated you sooner, I've had the most crazy weekend, not had a minute to spare, and tonight I got ready to take my lesson and I got something in my eye real bad. It's taken me over an hour to get it out pulling my eyelids out and wiping inside with a piece of cloth and now it's really sore and bright red, whatever was in there has scratched my eyball or my eye lid mad.gif I think it's out now.

Oh well I'll have a quick lesson and hopefully get back on it tomorrow, my PRS Ace Signature comes tomorrow cool.gif

I am still going to play the Frusciante lesson, I am finding it much much better to hone the skills AFTER learning the piece. Time is irrelevant, the skill learnt here will follow through to the next lesson hopefully.

I have to be honest and say that once again, I have neglected my rhythm lesson. I love that lesson but for some reason learning rhythm doesn't indulge me like solo work. I will get my head sorted though and get my discipline back.

Thanks for your patience Gab.

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 20 2015, 01:53 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil, thanks for the update. I'm sorry to hear about the eye issue. I hope it get better soon.

Great to know that you are back to practice and that the new guitar is coming! Looking forward to see some videos of you rocking it!

Have a great day!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 20 2015, 07:27 PM
Thanks Gab,

The eye is fine now, it was sorted last night just very sore but hey, my eye don't stop my fingers working wink.gif
Guitar came today but there has been some issues. It was covered in dust on the upper sections like it has been hanging from a wall hanger or on a stand. It was covered in fingerprints too. The swallow vinyl cut (Ace's trademark) wasn't in the package. I was not very happy. I called them saying it looked like an ex display and whoever had packed it had no idea of presentation. I was going to return it but stocks are very low and there is only 180 available. They were very very sorry and said that someone had not done their job properly preparing the guitar for dispatch.
They are sending me some strings and a care kit and the vinyl cut-out that they have now found. I am going to contact the manager tonight and try for some more. It's not good enough. I don't mind going into a shop and taking a guitar off the wall and buying it as it is BUT mail order should be shiny new.

Ear training. Just had a quick first go, just did number 1 by listening then trying to replicate then playing back and trying again rather than playing whilst listening in order to match the notes. I'll do the rest tomorrow.

1: C F G F

Cheers buddy.

This post has been edited by Phil66: Oct 20 2015, 09:10 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 21 2015, 01:59 PM
Instructor
What a bad experience man! I would send it back! They don't deserve you as a buyer. I hate when these things happens.

The first exercise of the assignment is perfect, keep going!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 21 2015, 09:25 PM
Thanks Gab,

I told Ace about the guitar, I thought he should know as it has his name on it and ALL sellers should be representing him well. He wasn't happy and immediately got onto the head of PRS Europe who were looking into it within 30 minutes. I didn't really want him to get involved, I just thought he should know but he wasn't happy.
I gave the guitar a good check over and there is no damage at all, not even the finest handling scratch. If they had cleaned it up themselves I would not have had an issue. Anyway, they have found the vinyl cut decal and are sending me that along with some strings and a guitar care kit but Ace still told me to "see what PRS say". I've had a play on it tonight and it's sweet. I'm no guitarist as you know but it felt so nice to me.

If you're interested there is a review HERE

Here are my attempts at the ear training.

1: CFGF
2: CEBD
3: CDFA
4: CBAF
5: CAFD
6: CDGE
7: CGCE
8: CABE
9: CEAG
10: CGDE

Cheers Gab, I'm back on track at last, I was always doing my practise but devoting far too much time to the Frusciante lesson and neglecting other areas. That's what seems to keep happening. I get absorbed by the solo I'm learning for some reason.

Cheers

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 22 2015, 03:29 PM
Instructor
Hi Phli, well done by telling Ace about this issue. I would really appreciate to know that a guitar being sold with my name isn't send in optimal conditions.

The ear training assignments are perfect, good job!!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 24 2015, 08:08 PM
Thanks Gab,

Sorry but I'm not getting much done, I have a problem with my DAW and nobody seems to be able to help. I've been trying for THREE days to fix it. I posted to the forum HERE last night but no solution yet. I've also posted on the Reaper forum.

I've been trying to get something down for the creativity workshop but I can't use this DAW like it is mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

Hopefully it will get sorted soon.

Sorry

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 25 2015, 07:38 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil, I'm sorry to hear about this. I'm not a Reaper user but this could be related to a system issue, so reinstalling windows or at least doing a system restore can help.

Please read this and let me know what you think:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows...e#1TC=windows-7

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 25 2015, 08:42 PM
Thanks Gab,

Yeah I've t tried System Restore, I tried the different restore points and got the same message "could not restore".
It's been a bad week, first the PRS Ace guitar was in a bad state, then the other day one of my monitors developed a problem and has to go for repair which I have been told will take three weeks so I'm running a pair of gaming speakers, and now this Reaper issue mad.gif
I think I'll have to reinstall windows, I was trying to avoid it because it takes days to get all the software back on and running sweet.

I'll see you on the other side mate.

Cheers

Phil

Update:

I've sorted Reaper smile.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: Oct 25 2015, 09:59 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 25 2015, 10:20 PM
Instructor
Awesome! What was the problem? How did you sort it?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 25 2015, 10:33 PM
The Reaper forum pointed me in the right direction.

The "last" section in both "Enable inputs" and "output range" were "Primary (GT-001) 1". What I don't understand is how doing a re-install didn't fix it???

The problem is that when you first install software like this you have a few headaches getting it working then you run it for months and forget all of the details.

I'm back now Gab. Rhythm, solo, ear training, creativity smile.gif

I'll try to get that example I promised to you tomorrow night.

Cheers buddy.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 26 2015, 01:15 PM
Instructor
That's great! I'm happy to know that you could solve this!! smile.gif

Looking forward your new stuff.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 27 2015, 09:54 PM
Thanks for your kind comments in the creativity workshop thread mate smile.gif

I think the pauses in the bass melody could be a little tiny bit longer to give more suspense.

Here is Frusciante for tonight. Sex Pistols coming soon hopefully. I do struggle with rhythm rolleyes.gif

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/john-frusciante-27102015

Cheers

P.S Did you every get time to read the guerilla training and the other one?

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

161 Pages V  « < 21 22 23 24 25 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:48 AM