Hey Guys!, Advice?
Dan L
Dec 11 2008, 04:56 PM
GMC:er
hey guys just wondering if you could give me some advice on what i should do now i have understood all of the absolute beginner guitar and so i need the next step on what i should do... thanks ********DAN*******

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Dan L: Dec 11 2008, 04:58 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dan L
Dec 11 2008, 05:46 PM
QUOTE (Dan L @ Dec 11 2008, 03:56 PM) *
hey guys just wondering if you could give me some advice on what i should do now i have understood all of the absolute beginner guitar and so i need the next step on what i should do... thanks ********DAN*******

*sigh* guys no one gona help me out? only want to know where to go from now on... thanks ******DAN******

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Dec 11 2008, 05:50 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
The choice is yours, you could work on scales or more advanced picking techniques, building up speed, strength, whatever you want to go for. I would recommend some scales.

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Dec 11 2008, 06:34 PM
Instructor
Can you tell me more about techniques you worked on so far?

Learning riffs , melodies , songs solos might be great thing to do next. Its both fun and educational !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 11 2008, 07:28 PM
Instructor
Have you learned the pentatonic scale boxes mate? If not check out my pentatonic workshop here.

Now when starting as a beginner it is always good to have some idea about what music is. During course of time, smart people have gattered all important information about music, all the rules, and things that every musician should know and named them "Music Theory". It's basically a set of explanations about what notes, rhythm values, chords, scales and other stuff really is, and how it all relates to each other. Before you start with some practicing you can check out Andrew's theory lessons, and start from more simple articles. Just do some light reading that's all, nothing heavy, and I think you will be very satisfied when you start understand the music theory. This will in return help you a lot in answering the question: "What to practice next", and you will ask this question lots of times to yourself during practice sessions.

When reading music theory you will get to know what scales and chords are, so the good thing then to do is to start practicing simple scales and chords on the guitar. Every music theory article contains enough info to get you started with some good exercises, and to get you familiar with music rules so when you hear some tune, you know how it is written and how to get the best of it.

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Dec 11 2008, 07:31 PM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
big harry
Dec 12 2008, 12:37 PM
Learning Roadie - CHALLENGE STAR!
maybe this could be helpful for you

Technique - Finger shifting, fingers independence, right hand basics, hands synchronisation, alternate-economy-sweep-speed picking, tapping, vibrato, legato, pull offs and hammer ons, pinky exercises, left hand only exercises
there are many lesson series at GMC
look here
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/lesson-series.htm

Chords - basic chords, power chords, arpeggiated chords, advanced chords, extended chords

Scales - Pentatonic, major, minor, blues, modes

Licks - essential blues licks, rock licks, metal licks

Theory - there´s pretty much to learn about music *looking at Andrew* rolleyes.gif

Improvisation - playing along with some music, if there is some time left

cya
Harry

+Quote Post
Dan L
Dec 12 2008, 03:53 PM
thank you for all of ur amazing advice, i shall look into them all. thanks ****DAN*****

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 09:08 PM